Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Alert 3
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > TiberiumWeb.com > TiberiumWeb news
Pages: 1, 2
Crimsonum
QUOTE (BlackieChan @ Mar 1 2008, 05:33 PM) *
If WWII never happened, Japan never would have surrendered and it's military never would have largely dismantled. What most people don't realize is that Japan would have most likely continued to fight even with the use of the atomic bombs. What Japan feared most was the Soviet Union, and it's massive military might that was built up during the war. The Japanese surrendered when faced with that threat, dubbed Operation August Storm.

The story released so far indicates that the Allies used the time machine to go back in time and defeat the Soviets before they invade Europe. If the Soviets never attacked Japan, and the Allies attacked the Soviets before finishing off Japan (which I think is what is going on here in RA3), then the Empire of the Rising Sun would have continued to build and conquer.

Thats just my theory.

True, this would make sense. What I don't understand, however, is that RA3 features Japan as the most technologically advanced faction in the game. Japan would certainly be powerful, but not any super-high-tech.
Shakar
I was wondering if they were going to make that... Though in my honest opinion, the Apocalypse Tank looks worse in RA3 currently then it did in RA2... I loved the way it looked in RA2. And I'm hoping EA doesn't kill that universe as well.
KingByng
QUOTE (Yuri 08 @ Mar 2 2008, 12:51 PM) *
True, this would make sense. What I don't understand, however, is that RA3 features Japan as the most technologically advanced faction in the game. Japan would certainly be powerful, but not any super-high-tech.

Well War usually fuels a nations economy, WWII lifted the world out of the Great Depression, maybe there was an economic boom in Japan caused by Japanese domination of Southeast Asia and the Pacific and its resources, which laid the foundation for a technological boom in Japan.
Shakar
Ocean gathering!? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That just kiilled alot of my RA spirit T_T They should just stick to land resources, no water resources. The only water thing that deals with resources they should have is a oil platform tech building, like the land oil derreks form RA2... That should be the water resource source >_>
ShDwBoRn
i figured RA3 would get messed up, this is more then i expected though. SAY NO TO FORCED NAVAL COMBAT.
planes, tanks and infantry are all i need. boats are only fun on island maps
Scorch
Well, most everything is linked to some form of ocean combat. The Soviets have a series of vehicles that must be built on water, and then can move onto land. But still, I don't think I'm too interested in the game anymore.
Corsair
QUOTE (ShDwBoRn @ Mar 7 2008, 04:57 PM) *
planes, tanks and infantry are all i need.

Yep, same here
Scorch
At least it seems someone hasn't messed the infantry and the planes up yet. YET.
ShDwBoRn
just wait, they will, next thing you know infantry will have a deploy anim that turns them into a flying aircraft carrier
Carnotaurus
Stop talking out of your ass. They didn't say all resource gathering was in the ocean. Some resources can be found in the sea.

For crying out loud, read the full story before posting stuff. roll.gif
KingByng
It means that there will be both land and sea resource gathering, not just sea resource gathering
Scorch
Well, before you start flaming me like heck, I DID read the full thing. At that time anyway.
Carnotaurus
You and I clearly did not read the same article then.

Also, flaming? Ts'ch. sad.gif
Scorch
AArg. Whatever. The one I read was a long time ago. Maybe it's just been updated, maybe EA made some changes. I'm glad they did though, I hate the idea of water-gathering.
Orac
Red Alert: Einstein Kills Hitler, Soviets Take over world
Red Alert 2: Einstein Still killed Hitler. Soviets nolonger have control of world
Red Alert 3: Soviets kill Einstein. Hitler comes back... Wait, no. Soviets kill Einstein, Japanese come back.

...Wait... Are you a bot?
Nyerguds
yep, that's a bot. Identical post found at http://www.draconian.com/dragon-forum/show...ad.php?p=371365, where it is ALSO a spambot. A smart little mofo, that tries to post stuff relevant to the topic, but still, a spambot.

Somebody destroy it, plz.
2kool4u526
GAH, I hate these bots that ask questions, cause then u take forever to explain them, but in the end you've accomplished NOTHING
Rampastring
It's the first time I'm seeing a bot that smart roll.gif

I think the bot does have a point though, if Soviets killed Einstein, Hitler would be still alive lol.gif

Some bot authors have also had some free time writing stories which their creations are posting in the General Discussion and Mod Announcements forums.. I've even read some of those for fun
Corsair
The one about the frog or something? lol.gif
Nyerguds
Rampastein, that post is just randomly copied from some other forum. Bot writers don't waste time on that kind of stuff. In fact, I'm learning the basics of that kind of data linking at school, in the artificial intelligence class.
Rampastring
QUOTE (Nyerguds @ Dec 3 2009, 05:24 PM) *
Rampastein, that post is just randomly copied from some other forum. Bot writers don't waste time on that kind of stuff. In fact, I'm learning the basics of that kind of data linking at school, in the artificial intelligence class.

Okay, I personally haven't really (yet) researched how these bots work. Although, if you're referring to the spam stories, those aren't related to TiberiumWeb / C&Cs at all and it feels a bit weird if it's just copying those posts from somewhere... especially when they've posted nothing else than those stories yet. I assume you mean the Red Alert one here?

@Corsair: Yes, and as far as I remember there were some other ones about jealous princesses and her sisters.. etc.
Nyerguds
yeah, I mean posts like this one. It's just meant to fit in, while the spam link is put in the signature and/or the homepage setting of the profile.
jadems
slight bump, but I just finished it and saw something in the end, as well as it being confirmed via wiki.
End of Empire campaign, you can see the "glimmer of the chronosphere".
I sure hope the rejoin the RA and Tiberian timelines somehow...
Devastator
Bumped a bump by a week!

@Jadems:RA and Tiberian series must survive. Tiberian is ending but I have hopes for RA series to survive!!!

And If you're talking about bots, go to The Bot Topic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.