Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Solar Fissure : sneak peak on titan
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > The Graphics Fridge
Berend
Hey all,

I noticed that everybody likes to show their creations here and I just couldn't resist dance.gif .

Here is my W.I.P. Titan model for the Tiberium Eclipse mod for Crysis. It still needs a skin and some minor tinkering.

Also visit www.solar-fissure.com/te-mod for more screenshots!
daTSchikinhed
damn.
I wish I had those kind of modeling skills.
eXit
I absolutely love it, the legs could be a bit more mightier looking though.
ChielScape
*fap fap fap*
Aro
That is fantastic. I'd love to have your skills, or better yet, Machine's or LKO's.
Team Black
Dude, this looks very nice smile.gif
jadems
I like the main body part, but the legs need a bit of bulking up to match.
wondle_donkey
Yeah, the body is perfec but the legs are very awkward and out of place looking.
ChielScape
what? i absolutely love the legs....

*fap fap fap*
Berend
Well, the leggs are meant to be different, as is the torso of this titan. I have used the old titan as primary reference, but also the new titan from Tiberium Wars: Kanes Wrath. That being said we also like to have our own creativity put into it and at this moment, this titan body looks like a small more armored dwarf (Gimli) version of the Official Titan. Even though its meant to have the same volume and size as the normal titan, so it will still be quite massive Anyways, im glad you all like it.
Crimsonum
The legs are fine, however, maybe need just a bit more armor.
ChielScape
QUOTE (Berend @ Jan 1 2008, 05:59 PM) *
Well, the leggs are meant to be different, as is the torso of this titan. I have used the old titan as primary reference, but also the new titan from Tiberium Wars: Kanes Wrath. That being said we also like to have our own creativity put into it and at this moment, this titan body looks like a small more armored dwarf (Gimli) version of the Official Titan. Even though its meant to have the same volume and size as the normal titan, so it will still be quite massive Anyways, im glad you all like it.

now that you mention it, the 2 pieces under the top are a little short. i personally would prefer them slightly longer, and would recommend trying it, just to see, but it's awesome either way.

*fap fap fap*
jadems
Well, I don't like how they're like a zigzag.
Heres a random character drawing
\
/
_\_ < like that

Maybe I'd like it better wink1.gif if the upper 'knee' and the feet were connected, and that extra V were support struts or suspension things.
But that's my opinion
Lin Kuei Ominae
agreed, the legs look like they support fast running while it's actually a heavy mech that walks only very slow. (imo you should remove the upper knee)
But the detail you've put in the 3d-model is great.
Tore
It doesn't look like the Titan should look like. confused.gif But its nice smile.gif
Machine
It's a really nice design, but 2 things disturb me. First, IMO, it lacks details on the top, or is too smoothed. Second the legs are too thin, and the Titan's legs are made of 3 sections, excluding the feet, but in your model I get the idea it has 4.

Click to view attachment
A example from a max's biped, to make my point clearer.
Tratos
the Titan's legs are made of 3 sections, excluding the feet, but in your model I get the idea it has 4.

The original had 3 yes, Berends has 5 leg sections including feet.
Berend
Well, it seems everybody agrees the legs need to be altered. I was planning on keeping 3 segments at first but we experimented with more segments which it is using now. Another advantage for me of altering it will be animating it...it will be easier for me with less segments which is always a plus. Anyways, thanks for the feedback you guys. cool.gif
ChielScape
QUOTE (Berend @ Jan 3 2008, 04:45 PM) *
Well, it seems everybody agrees the legs need to be altered. I was planning on keeping 3 segments at first but we experimented with more segments which it is using now. Another advantage for me of altering it will be animating it...it will be easier for me with less segments which is always a plus. Anyways, thanks for the feedback you guys. cool.gif

meh, those guys still think its best to just copy stuff from WW.
i love the new legs.
Lin Kuei Ominae
The legs alone look indeed great, but don't fit to the titan.
They should be used for another new light and fast GDI mech. (something like a scout)
Machine
lol.gif it seems that I was misinterpreted. Well my point was that the legs were too thin; just pointed the different number of sections, since I though you were trying to copy TS Titan (got the idea from your orca bomber which is exactly like TS orca bomber tongue.gif). I like the current design just make it legs wider, and it would be fine in that part cool.gif.
SeekSomethingNew
Awesome, truly awesome. your website is interesting, i cant wait to see more!
Serg
nice huh.gif
Berend
QUOTE (Serg @ Jan 4 2008, 05:04 PM) *
WOOOOOOW YOU ARE MY GOD BEREND
MY SAVIOUR..
YOU ROCK.. YOU ARE THE BEST IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD..

I WISH I WAS LIKE YOU..
DAAAAAAAMN..

Your model isnt very good tho.. too bad..

greetz pielen..
innocent.gif

rock on

Omg roy, u are to sad to be true...never dreamed u would be this low. In case you are wondering whats next, u are gonna do my dishes as well...

Be a real hero and post your "gun"...
Serg
OK
not quit finished yet, but i can understand why you can't wait.. lol.gif innocent.gif
dance.gif

dance.gif dance.gif
Berend
QUOTE (Serg @ Jan 4 2008, 05:25 PM) *
OK
not quit finished yet, but i can understand why you can't wait.. lol.gif innocent.gif
dance.gif

dance.gif dance.gif

Shoo...get that out of my topic get your own lol.gif
Serg
Dont need one.. my ego is big enough as it is.. but thx for the advice..
dance.gif

you just got served.. lol.gif
Aro
So... Are you guys working on the same project?
Serg
So... Are you guys working on the same project?

hehe yea,
but we are also friends, classmates AND neighboors.. huh.gif

so we tend to irritate each other quit fast..
lol.gif
ChielScape
heh, leuk. minder energie steken in elkaar pesten, en meer in het project plz?
Nod Strike
I think he said get back on the project? Or will this slow down your project? Something to do with the mod ;O.

Yeah, it's awesome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.