Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how do i make teams in skirmish?...
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
sniper
...as its annoying to have a free-for-all and the AI decide to gang me, allways, even the visceroids.
Team Black
play online. Skirmish is boring as heck compared to real people
ShDwBoRn
yes i highly recommend online as opposed to skirmish, the AI SUCKS. its predictable and while playing one of two things will happen, 1. the ai ignores you completely (other then 2 light infantry attacking at 5-10 minute intervals) 2. all the AI's focus all their attacks on you. ONLINE IS BETTER!!!
sniper
i hate fighting people in RTS games. HATE IT!!! i like to screw around with the AI (which is hard to do when they're ganging me)
ShDwBoRn
ahh, you're like me then, you prefer blowing stuff up for fun over winning for fun. i still like online better though...
Lin Kuei Ominae
open your rules.ini
search for "Paranoid="
set the value to "no"

now the AI won't ally with each other and thus don't fight only against you.
Aro
..How come i never knew that. blink.gif Cheers LKO; I Need to remember this one.
sniper
ok that helps but it doesnt answer my original question. is it even possibly to have teams in skirmish?
Lin Kuei Ominae
i don't think that it is possible. But maybe you find a tag in rules.ini that allows to ally with AI players, but i doubt that.
Team Black
Well you can make Neutral, GDI, and Nod house with triggers..
the GDI player with the highest color on the color selection list is recognized by the GDI house.
However, if there's units and stuff belonging to the GDI house in the map, there MUST be a GDI player, or else the game will crash.
The same goes for Nod.

So edit the map and make triggers:
GDI: make ally... Nod, make ally ... Neutral
Nod: make ally ... Neutral, Make ally... GDI
Neutral: make ally... GDI, make ally... Nod

Make sure your color is gold. Then you should be allied with at least 1 computer player, as well as the neutral (yes, allied with the viscs! smile.gif )
SeekSomethingNew
Lol, awesome stuff tongue.gif

"Follow... The Jellyfish..."
Rampastring
Hmm.. I tried to make a 2 vs 2 game in skirmish.. Homever, I have a little problem.

I put paranoid on "yes" and made some triggers. Homever, the "paranoid" tag makes the computer declare war against me just after the alliance trigger has ran.
I tried making an another trigger that makes the computer ally with me after 50 secs of gameplay, but the trigger doesn't do anything (again, Paranoid's fault?)

And, when the computer declares war on me, I'm still allied with the computer, although the computer isn't allied with me.

Btw, I found some houses named Multi-Player 0, Multi-Player 1, Multi-Player 2 etc. from FinalSun. I tried making those ally with eachother, but after I closed the Tigger editor and opened it again the house names were changed to GDI (Multi-Player 0), Nod (Multi-Player 1), Neutral (Multi-Player 2) and Special. (Multi-Player 3)

Haven't tried making Multi-Player 4, Multi-Player 5, Multi-Player 6 and Multi-Player 7 ally with eachother yet. roll.gif

EDIT: Tried to make GDI ally with Multi-Player 4, and it crashed after a few seconds of gameplay. So, it doesn't seem to work sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.