Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mapping
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Hosted Projects > The Dawn of the Tiberium Age > Maps
Bittah Commander
Here are a few things you should know before you start mapping:

• The map editor is located in FinalSun_DTA.zip; extract it into an empty folder to use it.
  • Make sure you always place the impassable clear ground under the foundation of any terrain objects that are bigger than 1x1, otherwise infantry will be able to walk right through them and vehicles will always attack them instead of moving around them.
  • Make sure you never place tiberium on impassable tiles, because this will cause harvesters to move onto those tiles and get stuck.
  • Whenever you've finished a map for DTA, you can upload it in this forum and/or in my site's mapping forum.
  • All maps with a high enough quality (both visually and gameplay-wise) will be included with the first next version of DTA when it's released.

All maps that are included with the current version of DTA can by viewed on the media page of DTA's website.
Team Black
This would be a great opportunity to remake some of the original campaigns! ohmy.gif
Bittah Commander
The problem with that is that most of the maps from TD's campaign are really tiny and some maps wouldn't even cover your screen when you're playing on the 800x600 resolution (let alone the resolution I play on; 1680x1050).
It could work... But it wouldn't look pretty. I even had to make some of the TD maps I remade a tad wider so they'd fit on my screen.
Warlord
Yeah, like i said in another topic, i'll make some for you. smile.gif
Warlord
Double post..

But i come in peace with a question, why isn't my map showing in the play list on a skirmish? I can't play my maps mellow.gif
Bittah Commander
QUOTE (Bittah Commander @ Nov 1 2007, 10:36 AM) *
  • Whenever you finished a map, save it with a ".dpr" extention (or simply rename "yourmap.mpr" to "yourmap.dpr" after saving it).
SeekSomethingNew
DawnPlayer? xD
Bittah Commander
Indeed tongue.gif
Warlord
QUOTE (A lot of people..)
Remake

Why do we always have to remake. wacko.gif
Why don't we do something very imaginative for once, make our own maps. smile.gif
Sure we can remake some of the TD and TS maps, in fact we can remake a lot but why don't we make our own? confused.gif
Shakar
I'm new here, and I'm going with Warlord's opinion of making our own maps. I'm currently making a DTA map, and so far it's going well. It's 100x100 with a town in the middle, a few neutral bases that can be captured. I've no clue what to call it, yet, also since it's my first map for DTA, but I believe it'll be looking pretty good once it's done. Anywho, back to subject, why just remakes? =P As I said, I'm with warlord when it comes to making our own, if that is what he's implying.
Bittah Commander
It's up to whoever makes a map what kind of map he makes; I just chose to remake existing maps.
Shakar
I was thinking... Maybe Bittah should make DTA even better for it's map editor and for ingame effects. Like, putting the Inv. Light posts from TS into the DTA files. It might make for a good view, but that's my opinion. I know they don't appear at all in any shape or form or word in TD, but I think it may be a good addition for better looks in the DTA maps and game. Then again, I'm not sure if I posted this thought of mine in the right spot.

Edit: Also, I think you should add another terrain building to teh shore list.

Like, this piece turned 180 degrees around. I ask this because I can't find a piece of shore that goes from the south down to right east.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.