Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My TS online match on you tube
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
Team Black
nothing particularly special about this vid, I wanted to take Camtasia Studio for a spin..
I was also able to recruit one of the players into our cult .. er, website ( Loganism )

watch

it's a typical TS online battle for your average XWIS chummer..
(BTW harvester bombing is against the rules in most online matches.. this one was an exception.. roll.gif )
Lin Kuei Ominae
nice fight, but ugly map. Cool that your team member lend you an mcv. With my Fortress Tower this wouldn't have been necessary. biggrin.gif

And what do you mean with harvester bombing? Harvester as suicide bombs or bombing them with air units? Is this an unwritten law?
Btw i've never played online so i have no clue.
Warlord
QUOTE (Lin Kuei Ominae @ Oct 27 2007, 09:25 AM) *
And what do you mean with harvester bombing?

Just sending harvesters next to an enemys building and then letting your enemy attack it so that they blow up along with that building, since harvesters do massive damage when they blow up. wacko.gif

Nice fight. smile.gif
I'd come online with you sometime if my TS didn't crash all the time. :(
loganism
you like how top right got triple teamed lucky for black, i was tr
Team Black
Yeah that map is modded to have super volatile harvesters..

Loganism was the poor red guy up top that was hit with 2 mammoths and the squad of bombers

And yeah, TS online maps are boring, because xwis can only handle small map files - so most of these maps are made of just the straight basics (but still very fun)

Here's more pics from that day, on a map called "North versus South" (another flat basic map)
Posted at the request of Wishbonex
Roadwarrior
whats the second song? i want it sly.gif
Carnotaurus
Harvester bombing is banned on typical XWIS games?

How damn lame.
I_Am
Lol nice Team Black. Just like happened to our comp stomp. Where in h#!! did blue get a mammy and 5 disruptors in like 10min.
loganism
QUOTE (Carnotaurus @ Oct 28 2007, 10:03 AM) *
Harvester bombing is banned on typical XWIS games?

How damn lame.

no, but everyone one says before games starts, no eng attack no harv attack.....its usually the people who can't defend it, but all you need for harv is walls and for eng's a couple of inf near watever their attacking.....
GDI Master!
looks like a good match. and on a decent multiplayer map.
ORCACommander
is their anyway to get olaf to revamp the server to allow better transfer speeds so good maps can be played?
Team Black
Well I posted a complaint on the xwis forums but apparently, it's EA's turf..

so I posted on EA and surprise, surprise . . no answers! roll.gif

we can hope that the new mass map pack project will get popular, maybe people will download it and use it..
loganism
Not to bring you guys down, its a very good idea, but it is incredibly hard to get a map popular on XWIS...so even if EA would patch TibSun, you'd still have a challenge getting players to play your maps
Crimsonum
Harvester suicide bombs are one of the finest tactics in TS. Come on, it takes you 1400 credits and a bunch of Tiberium to make a slow, but effective bomb. Besides, it's your fault if you can't stop them. If they get to your base, however, just don't shoot them roll.gif Harvester's can't destroy themselves, remember?
Team Black
well even if I didn't shoot em, they all blew up when pink got pwned (almost all matches are shortgame=yes, for obvious reasons)

I should've hit em right then to just let em kill my helipad and barracks
loganism
yeah, still i like to play with no rules, or atleast no alt scouting or rally scouting thats it, i think someone should have their base scouted fairly, anyway are you going to put the other match on youtube aswell?
Team Black
I deleted the other match, because it rec errored.. I want to get a good game from start to finish, or at least one where we know who would've won (like the first one, green was definitely doomed)
loganism
haha yeah i know what you mean....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.