Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Banner Assignment
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > The Graphics Fridge
jadems
Okay, for my IST class, we're making banner's promoting something.
I've decided to promote TS, of course.
So I've made this.

Click to view attachment
EDIT: New version ^^

It's not finished yet. I'm going to make it loop back to the beginning and make it do a GDI map overview and then make it loop again.
This is but a taste of course and I need people to comment on it and give my some tips on how to make it better.
Okay, thanx.

I made your photobucket pic into a link, so this page loads faster..
having 2 of the same mega-gif's next to each other doesn't make much sense wink1.gif
-Team Black

Okay, it never showed up when i tried to do it, must've forgetten to take it away. TY, TB
SeekSomethingNew
Good, very good...

Two things though. The logos need to be cut better, anti aliasing on the edges when cutting, you could try a gaussian blur on the edges too. And the perspective of the logos is not too good, very flat. The problem is that you need to use a 3D rendering application for that, but you could just use the spinning logos from the Tiberian Sun VQA's wink1.gif
Team Black
It miht've been better if you used the Tiberian Sun logos, rather than the Tiberian dawn ones tongue.gif

Even so, it looks pretty nice
Vintriaz
Well, I would say to have it zoom in from the whole map to Australia. I like the old TD emblems good start but needs some work like Hyper said.
Crimsonum
Not half bad, not at all. Just do what Hyper said with the logos, and perhaps you should include more maps in the animation...or will the file size grow too large then?
jadems
Well, really it's advertising a LAN party in Australia, but i couldn't find a good map of where I'm at so i'll leave it at the world and Australia.

As for the Zooming thing, that's what I'm planning to do for the GDI side.

And I'll try to find better logos, but we don't have any 3d apps at school, I did that using Flash and Fireworks.
Crash
I like it. And I agree on the edge of the logos.

I made your photobucket pic into a link, so this page loads faster..
having 2 of the same mega-gif's next to each other doesn't make much sense
-Team Black

You really do your job. tongue.gif
jadems
Okay, I've done a new version - I just changed the symbols and made things a little smoother
It won't go up until tomorrow though coz I have the original at school
jadems
Okay, updated! Enjoy - But I think this may be the last time I work on it - New IST topic at school Java
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.