Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TS Modding Wiki Poll
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
SeekSomethingNew
Well, look at the poll, simple...

Im not going to add information to pull you towards the answer i want, so you decide. Do you want one?

I will only post what we plan to include after a number of posts have been amended.

No Arguing, Simple Yes or No in your post, with a reason why please.
m666
Voted for ModEnc, simpler to keep everything in one spot.

EDIT: Since Corsair brought this to my attention; here is the link to the universal CnC wiki page, AKA ModEnc:

http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com
Ixith
Hmmm well I personally don't use ModEnc much but im sure its good. However, if you think about it, by making a specific wiki for TS maybe it will draw more attention to TS or the other Tiberian games.

I personally think its a good idea even if there is already the ModEnc.
Corsair
QUOTE (Ixith @ Sep 15 2007, 07:04 PM) *
I personally think its a good idea even if there is already the ModEnc.

I agree
Slimby
Where do I find rules.ini?

Slimby
Carnotaurus
Well if you do it, please...keep it strictly modding info.

I dont care about the storyline when I want to mod, I dont want to have to surf through a graphic-heavy TS themed page just to get to the info. Decorate it by all means, but dont turn the wiki page into a TS info page.
Infinity
No. You don't need a new site when there's one dedicated to this already. It will be a waste of a perfectly good site.
•Tony•
ModEnc is fine, I agree with Infinity.
Corsair
Couldn't we put the same things we put on the Wiki page on the ModEnc page? Most people tend to surf around the Wiki site, seems like they would find it easier than somehow coming across the ModEnc site on Google.

(And the small group of people like myself, who have never been referred to ModEnc, will never know to look up 'TSWiki' or 'ModEnc' in Google)
Denmon
go for it!
Team Black
I like the idea, but I'm going to have to go with ModEnc.. It doesn't make much sense to have 2 separate wiki's for pretty much the same purpose...

(And Denmon, you better get your rear back into the small buildings contest.. .where the crap have you been? tongue.gif )

Click to view attachment
Morpher
Adding it to Mod Enc is the best thing to do instead of a whole new website for information thats half already located on Mod Enc.
Crash
Agrees with morpher
Creagor
Adding this informaition to ModEnc is not impossible, but would in fact require more work than adding the informaition elsewhere. The way ModEnc is set out is very different to how we would choose to set things out. One argement that has been given for merging the info with ModEnc is that we would be duplicating lots of information. Though this is true for a few things, a huge amount of (new) informaition is also being written up, on a much larger scale than ModEnc.

I dunno, let the poll decide I guess.
Lin Kuei Ominae
Yes make a wiki. Modenc mixes ini tags from TS, FS, RA2 and YR and thats horrible. A list of all (even hidden/unused) ini tags for TS/FS only would be great.
SeekSomethingNew
I have not been updating it as of late because i am going though from problematic times in my life, Creagor is busy with college and stuff. So i still am not sure what to do, maybe i will go hunting for some experenced community members.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.