Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: C&C 12th Anniversary: C&C Gold Released as Free Download!
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Dawn > Tiberian Dawn News
Aztek985

Today is the 12th anniversary of C&C Gold, released way back on August 31, 1995! To celebrate, EA Games have released a free ISO download of C&C Gold!

"To kick the celebration off, today we have a special surprise which we are certain new and old Command & Conquer fans will enjoy. We are providing the original Command & Conquer Gold as a free download, compatible for Windows XP! This is the same version included with the collectors pack Command & Conquer: The First Decade, and is now available for you to download for free!"

Yes thats right a fully compatible version of C&C Gold for Windows XP! C&C Gold has moved up to the 21st Century and is awaiting you!

You can find both the GDI and Nod ISOs, as well as installation instructions, at the following URL:
- http://www.commandandconquer.com/intel/def...?id=61#NewsMain

EA also says to look keep eye on their website in the next couple weeks as they plan to celebrate this Anniversary in a number of different ways, but be sure to stay glued here as well because as their released you'll be sure to hear about them!
Warlord
Wow! This is just great biggrin.gif
no more TFD needed for me to install this smile.gif
Wiziwig
QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 1 2007, 11:27 PM) *
Wow! This is just great biggrin.gif
no more TFD needed for me to install this smile.gif

Only problem is that you can't play on the internet with it, and TD never had skirmish either. D:
Still, it's the thought that counts. It sure as hell brought back memories for me. =P
Tore
You can play on the internet with it. Download Westwood chat.
Ghost742
i dug up my cd installd it in compatible mode, downloaded the patch and apply'd it.
but when i play the game the video and sound is supper slow.
what gives???
Wiziwig
QUOTE (Tore @ Sep 2 2007, 10:46 PM) *
You can play on the internet with it. Download Westwood chat.

If only, but closer examination of the Document that tells you how to get C&C95 running reveals...

Still, thought, counts, etc.
SeekSomethingNew
a TCIP / Internet Emulator like Hamachi allows you to play it though LAN.
Warlord
I've played C&C95 online before, it was on westwood chat but it VERY rarely works for me sad.gif
DeathRay2K
I'm quite sure the server isn't up any more. It used to work fine in Westwood chat, as did RA, but I don't think EA hosts any servers anymore...
SeekSomethingNew
WW Chat redirects to XWIS too i think. But if i read right... XWIS Servers dont have the old WW Chat software to acknowledge the request back to the application.
The White Wizard
awesome!
ORCACommander
wow a 10 month bump
Nod Strike
Wow, a 10 meter signature tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.