Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to use TS Graphics?
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
Biohazard
Hi, sorry im a real noob...only began this stuff a few days ago.

Ok, i've searched through the TS Graphics and found a few new units id like to add ingame...i download the zipp file and it has .vxl and .shp files in them...How do i use them? blushing.gif

Thanks, Biohazard
Tartan Bunny
1. Get XCC Mixer here to put the stuff into expandXX.mix and ecacheXX.mix.
2. create a new mix file and call it ecacheXX (XX is a number between 01-99)
3. put the shps in ecacheXX.mix, select all, right-click and press compact.
4. create a new mix file and call it expandXX
5. put your .hvas and .vxls into it and compact.
6. add the unit rules to art and rules.ini
7. remember, shps MUST go into ecacheXX.mix
8. voxels can go straight into the ?TS directory, but i strongly discourage u.
Good luck!
Biohazard
A small problem...All my C&C games arnt legal. I've bought them all but over time the disks have been lost...so i had to download some.

Any chance someone could help me out by dooing a few for me over msn or something?

If you want to knwo why i need all this stuff then see the post "Command and Conquer - Biohazard" in the TS Discussion section.

Cheers, Biohazard
gufu
And you telling what it's illegal... why?
Team Black
I'm with gufu...

but either way, it should work fine. All the game's files are in .mix files, which are basically just folders that are encrypted.
Use the XCC mix editor to create & edit these mix files, and XCC mixer to extract files from existing ones.

put your shp files in an ecache##.mix, everything else goes in an expand##.mix
you use the ini files (mainly, rules.ini and art.ini) to tell the game what to do with all those files. If you wanted to add a voxel called wmobile.vxl, you would put it and wmobile.hva into the expand##.mix, then make an entry in the ini files called [WMOBILE], followed by whatever tags you need to use (Strength= Name= Sight= Speed= etc ).. you know rules.ini right? unsure.gif

## = any number between 02 and 99
Biohazard
Hmmm, The XCC mix editor only allows me to chose the directories where the game data should be. I put the game data in where it should be ( Program files...blah blah blah ) and still i am unable to extract any files at all. Which is why i requier help from someone who can actualy use XCC...
Biohazard
BTW, I already have new chemical missiles made up and some other chemical weapons...but they are not overpowerfull like nukes.
Blacksilence
So what, you have illegal stuff we dont care
ORCACommander
isn't there a very good getting started tutorial on here somewhere?
Biohazard
Grrr, i think people are getting the wrong scope of things...i dont care if its illegal or not and i know you dont care...but illegal copies of the game do not have the same directories as the legally bought ones. So when i load XCC mixer and click on directories i cannot change them to the ones i need! Took a printscreen to show you...

Many Thanks, Biohazard
gufu
you don't need to - all you have to do is just use "open" under the "file" choices
Team Black
yeah the left column is like Windows explorer.

go C: >> Westwood >> Sun (or wherever your directory is...)
Biohazard
Ahh, I understand now. Someone just explained to me there is a XCC MIX Editor and a XCC Mixer. I just got slightly confused...im trying it all out now and am hoping to add the new units dance.gif

Thanks all
Biohazard
Hmmm...im still more lost than a Attack Buggy whos just been surrounded by a bunch of Mammoth MK II's...

I dont like to ask because i bet some of you are getting a little peeved off now...but can someone please go thorugh step by step? as in...

- Click on File, Open...Blah Blah Blah
- Drag this file into this window...Blah Blah Blah

You get my point...it could also be usefull to post the instructions as a sticky for any other lost people like me out there blushing.gif .

Many Thanks, Biohazard

P.S If there are any tutorials i havent found them, so if there is one/some then please link me to them.
Tartan Bunny
Sorry to be off topic, but OS are you using biohazard?
Biohazard
Nah, im using Final Sun...is OS any better?

Thanks, Biohazard
gufu
Operating system... Vista, XP, 2000, windows 98?
Biohazard
Ahh ok, I use Alienware System...its basicaly Windows Vista mixed with Alienware Systems. I guess you ask this because of my menubar and buttons?
Tartan Bunny
I guess you ask this because of my menubar and buttons?

yep
Biohazard
If you pm me i'll give you my email and i'll see if i can send you the system details and maybe a zipp of it.
Biohazard
I think what is needed here is a stage by stage instruction manual here including printscreens. Not just for me even though i admit im still having trouble. But then the post could be made sticky, and anyone else who wants to add new units/buildings to there game can just follow the steps.

So can anyone who knows how to do this set up a Step by Step instructions with Picutres to help out even more.

Many Thanks, Biohazard
Tartan Bunny
just upload the files and some one can do it for u.
Roadwarrior
this should help if you haven't seen it yet

http://www.tiberiumweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.