Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Obelisk (gMax)
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > The Graphics Fridge
brotherhood23
i was using sketchup at first but then when i was making renegade maps i noticed the(the convert to editable mesh) tool

which brought ideas

so i decied to make an obelisk animation,there is a screen at the bottom...its not done yet but its my first ehhh decent gmax model w/textures
i will release the model when it is finished or i do something else. also in the model animation there are 2 lights that travel around the obelisk as it charges,
the screenshot shows it charged and about to fire. plz do comment and suggest things to bring the obelisk to my and your liking.

anyhoo enjoy smile.gif
Team Black
B23 this might be your best work yet. Keep practicing, dude
brotherhood23
thank you smile.gif
Nod Strike
Like TB said, things are getting better. Well done.

However, i always pictured the Obalisk (w/e) as the one in TibWars, more rounded. It looks a bit square IMO.

brotherhood23
i made a TD obelisk

but if you would like i could try the TW obelisk
Nod Strike
That would be great. I always loved the Obelisk in TibWars. So sleek, looks like a sports car.
Crash
I agree with that it's a bit too squared else it looks good.....
Roani52
Ah well, it looks quite good. I'm not verry good at 3D modelling, I first need to learn 3DS MAX...
Yoshi
Agreed as everyone have said. I've seen your work before and I can say that you're improving. How about a challenge though? Try reducing the number of polygons on the obelisk by removing faces that aren't being seen.
wondle_donkey
Chamfer the edges of the building leading up to the crystal, and non uniform stretch it to make it taller. Other than that, though, it definitely shows your improvement. But one thing.... If your going to do 3d modeling, DO NOT USE EDITABLE MESH Learn editable poly, its a much newer system and has far improved tools and the like.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.