Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Funny TS glitches
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
Team Black
I'm sure everyone has played TS and found some interesting glitches,
or maybe something funny happened while you were modding...
I'm curious to see if anyone has an interesting story to share.

One such event happened to me, on the first Nod mission for FS I really wanted to capture the gdi base, though the game wasn't letting me build engineers (even though I made them techLevel=1). So I decided to make Engineers a 'free unit' when I build a certain structure.

What happened was pretty funny, as anyone who's made infantry into free units can testify to.
The infantry had a larger border around it, like that of vehichles, and when it moved, it wouldn't use the running animation, rather the infantry would whirl around in circles... Try it yourself.
ShDwBoRn
Well...this has only happened to me once but is was COOL my banshee was shot down on Ts Night of the Mutants except the banshee didn't crash it kept repeating the crash animation all the way back to my base where it landed got more ammo and was repaired. for the rest of the game it played the crash anim over and over and over
Bittah Commander
QUOTE (Team Black @ Oct 26 2006, 08:52 PM) *
What happened was pretty funny, as anyone who's made infantry into free units can testify to.
The infantry had a larger border around it, like that of vehichles, and when it moved, it wouldn't use the running animation, rather the infantry would whirl around in circles... Try it yourself.

That happens because the free unit is hardcoded to be a vehicle, so when you use an infantry for it, the game will act asif it's a vehicle. The infantry won't move properly anymore now because of the difference between vehicle and infantry SHP's have (and the difference in their art.ini code).
ORCACommander
I put in denmon's blue and green tibs in game and as being aloud to start in MP. When I ordered the green freebies to move 1/2 of the ones I had would move towards the location I specified like a twirlying balarina!
Ixith
ok i have 2 glitches like things that i found funny.....i may see if i can find the pics i had of them from before

1-ok i was messing around with a trigger in final sun for trucks to appear load then go off one side to appear on the upper cliff area a lil while later to unload in that town go off the side and then appear on the side they came off of from the 1st one. well this didnt work when i put it to repeating.....as soon as the trigger hit there was HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of loaded trucks coming from the area of the trigger on the map lol.gif

2-ok well this had happened a few times......everynow and then depending on the map a glitch will happen where a crate will appear beneath a bridge in the water. so one time i though meh might as well get it and when i picked it up and exploded destroying my Hover MLRS but then i had a survivor from that. so i ended up having an infatry standing on water underneath a bridge and he couldnt move. lol.gif

ahh fun times rolleyes.gif
Diablo
Erm well I know tis is not an exciiting nor funny glitch but it keeps your money going on Tiberian Sun's map Terrace well when your top left you seriously need to expand and your sorrounded by cliffs and you need to use the cliff glitch which is where you get a building and keep clicking and shaking it about until it builds I know its not fun but owell.
Sir Modsalot
I don't know if it's a glitch or a feature, but somehow when I was tinkering around with the Rocket Infantry's coding and testing it, somehow I had made it so that when the rocket was fired, it initially rose up into the air at a slight angle, not following the target, going at a speed of about 6-7, then a few seconds later the rocket boosted to its intended coded speed of 15; it also started to follow the target, in fact it hardly ever missed. I did not add TurboBoost=yes to the coding, so I don't know how or why this happens. Yuri06 told me he has gotten the same result, but he doesn't like it as much as I do. I can't find my rules.ini file ATM, but if I find it, I'll post the weapon's code for examination.
KajiTetsushi
I like the glitch where GDI structures get their powerplugs. Whether they're damaged or not, they get upgraded to full health - which means... I don't have to waste too much effort to repair my Upgrade Center. lol.gif
The DvD
QUOTE (ShDwBoRn @ Oct 26 2006, 08:55 PM) *
Well...this has only happened to me once but is was COOL my banshee was shot down on Ts Night of the Mutants except the banshee didn't crash it kept repeating the crash animation all the way back to my base where it landed got more ammo and was repaired. for the rest of the game it played the crash anim over and over and over

You probably set AutoHeal=yes smile.gif I also found out about this while making TSTW. It happens because aircraft only really 'die' if they truly hit the ground; NOT when they're being shot down. The autoheal feature then increases their health from 0 to 1 and they can fly again smile.gif The unit however is stuck in the tumbling animation tongue.gif
Genobee
I like the infinite Firestorm glitch. When you rFirestorm is full , blow your firestorm generator (or sell it) and and turn the firestorm on. If done correctly , you don't have any Firestorm generators , but your firestorm wall section are online! Good tactic on MP.
Gothic Gregg
I had a disk thrower army running towards an emeny base and one got killed, so they all exploded and died, as they had run thru several tib fields. So anyway there is this massive explosion and it happedned all over the map, so everything blew up. 'tis was great biggrin.gif
cdmt
My favorite glitch was arming an orca bomber with the airburst of the multimissile. I targeted an enemy base and as soon as it fired the blast took out the orca as well. So I renamed it the kamikaze.
Dubzac
humm my favorite ts glitch well there is one when i as playing as nod in single player i built my self a chemlancher then i built 15 weed eaters and left my Super Weapon for 3 hours mean while i was holding of enemy's ,when i wanted to fire i pressed the S.W. button then to my surprise was another missile so i lanched that one then another...etc etc etc....OMG heaven

in total i fired up to 20 missiles ...man that felt good , after doing that i deised that nbod was a epic side.
well im not sure if its a bug but damn it looked cool smile.gif
Lightstorm
i was playing as Nod in FS and my MSG was destroyed as it activated, but it didn't 'kill' the explosion went off but the generator and the buildings in the readius got stuck in limbo. they were like half there and half not. the enemy could see them but when they fired at them the shots missed so i had ten enemy titans shooting at my obolisk and just going right through it.
i don't know what was going on but i couldn't repeat it.
Team Black
For example:
This is what happens to your voxels on a campaign map when you don't have a correct 'next scenario'. They start dancing! XD
I'll see if I can make a gif animation; this is HALARIOUS!!
(it's a nod TS mission, 'capture umagon')
Corsair
That's funny looking at that harvester lying on its side like that XD
777 goku
My favorite glitch is when you make a map with a tunnel and the other side is covered with concrete blocks so your units cant get out and stay in the underground part. You can move around freely underground and attack and be attacked by units above ground. The use? Simple... start a map online, play against someone, make a ghost stalker or a cyborg commando, go "underground", go to the enemy base around their defenses or cliffs surrounding them (thats right, you can walk through cliffs smile.gif ), all of a sudden the enemy player sees all of his buildings being destroyed and light infantry or whatever shooting at the ground and being shot!
ShDwBoRn
i love it when infantry fall of cliffs and bridges, it's amusing
The Fish
My favourite is when you select some Light Infantry, hold down ctrl and alt and click on one of your gates: they run to it, it opens, they run ONTO it and then disappear.

Mind blowingly exciting, I know dance.gif
DoomToHel
OOO my favorite glitch's if they are glitches are when you can put biulding inside each other when you biuld them the placeanywhere=yes thingy in rules.ini and this just happened, I went into tiberian sun in a game with a computer and I had made a ref and when the harvester came back it started going in circles instead of going into the refinery when iwas telling it too (just like the banshee animation glitch), i had a picture but i accidentally messed it up in paint oh well.
Team Black
PlaceAnywhere is a funny tag. I build hands on firewalls, when they build infantry, they'd be standing on em. the eng in the screenie is actuallly walking back and forth on the fire walls
Tartan Bunny
I had some saved missions which i hadn't played in a long time, as i was using mods. When i started again in the hammerhead base one, it started and all the unit's turrets were spining.
Sir Modsalot
I thought that one of the TS patches made the "place anywhere" bug impossible... o_0
tomb
Not so spectacular:

My all-time favourite MP map is "Limited Access". However, in the south-western corner of the map (in the city) is a not-so-properly placed piece of concrete thingy. It's just one square, and I believe it's hidden underneath a building close to the hospital (you'll have to destroy the building to find it). I might post a pic of it later.
Aro
They have loads of terrain bugs in the campaign, especialy the firestorm one... I'm thinking of releaseing the campaign's again, only fixed and harder. wink1.gif
Tartan Bunny
I made this 75x75 temperate map, and put three trucks on it, and made it when you destroyed them, it gave you a crate. when i tried the map, the crates would never run out!

On the same map, i got crazy amounts of random crates, in the end I ended with 200000 credits! OMG! See if you can get that amount of credits!

PS: piccies coming soon!
Crimsonum
When playing the last mission in Firestorm, on GDI, I encountered the massive colossus, Core Defender first time in my life. I crapped my pants when nothing seemed to work...until it walked to a bridge (north-east), and my ORCA bombers leveled the bridge...and the Defender went with the bridge...

I was like "....that....was it?"
Warlord
my bizzare tail is:

an orca bomber was flying and a sam shot it down WTF?!? lol.gif
jadems
AHAHA, was playing Tiberian sun with the mod 3.0 by Desu from Project Perfect Mod, i think.

And the comp had pretty much no Tiberian requirements as it could still build without any refineries and could build more than 1 structure at a time.

Im purple BTW

As you can see, they expanded to most of the north and east of the map, and i only defeated them after i started capturing their base
Warlord
Something that went horribly wrong with my truck trigger on one of my test maps! ohmy.gif (by test maps I mean a totally blank map with nothing on it but my trigger)
Sir Modsalot
Where have I seen something like that before............. OH WAIT! XD Ixith had the same error. He'll have the answer.
Ixith
QUOTE (Sir Modsalot @ Aug 9 2007, 08:36 AM) *
Where have I seen something like that before............. OH WAIT! XD Ixith had the same error. He'll have the answer.

lol yea...mine was by making them repeated and having a tag on a auto-create team. but since mine was in an in-closed area they just appeared in one spot and had a hard time following their script so there were like 1million loaded trucks in one spot and caused uber lag. Imagine that with those ion demo trucks from the ultima mod XD
I doubt i still have that picture of mine.
Roani52
Most of the times I get also weird stuff... But all of them are on purpose, and not an error...
Carnotaurus
jadems...That is _not_ TS 3.0 at all. I have no clue what you are playing there. Give the author credit, not me. That Nod artillery looks like absolute sh*te.

Also, the infantry going off of bridges and cliffs when on fire isnt a glitch AFAIK.
Team Black
Well I was testing trigger ideas for a new map I'm making.
This one was supposed to spawn visceroids, but instead it spawned wolverines...
..which belonged to me..
..at a rate of like 100 per second! ohmy.gif

Click to view attachment

I guess I had forgot to set 'elapsed time', set 'teamtype' to eight (thinking it was waypoint# for some reason) and left the waypoint field blank.
By default the waypoint is #0, which is player 1's location.

The wolverines came because it read team #8 from the AI list

CODE
8=07ECD1F0-G

[07ECD1F0-G]
Name=3 wolverines
0=3,SMECH
Group=-1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.