Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Soloman Kane?
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
Nod Strike
This may just be coinsedence, but ever heard of someone called Soloman Kane? No, didn't think so, nither did I until i read this:

Click

'Blades of the Brotherhood' is one of the books he was in.

He is a fiction character (i think) in a book.

'Solomon Kane is a somber looking man who wanders the world with no apparent goal other than to vanquish evil in all its forms.'

Discuss.
Team Black
hmm.gif interesting find. I wouldn't think it has anything to do with TS though, looks to me like it's just a coincidence.
SeekSomethingNew
lol C&C back storys realy had alot of research into them... i want a copy of the WW Book that was printed.
Crash
Think it's a coincidence. Oh and I wish EA will release the orginal story sometime mad2.gif mad3.gif furious.gif
wondle_donkey
He died in 1936... So unless Westwood was stumped on name ideas and were big pulp fiction fans, itsa justa coincidencea
Team Black
well, we can ask Adam Isgreen @ Petroglyph i we really wanted to know...
vOi!king ship
I doubt it. WW probably got the names Solomon and Kane from the bible, rather than that guy.
Corsair
QUOTE (z @ Aug 2 2007, 09:12 AM) *
I doubt it. WW probably got the names Solomon and Kane from the bible, rather than that guy.

I agree
Team Black
'cept in the Bible, his name is Cain ohmy.gif
Corsair
QUOTE (Team Black @ Aug 2 2007, 01:12 PM) *
'cept in the Bible, his name is Cain ohmy.gif

He isn't exactly like Cain from the bible... if he was he'd be named Cain, not Kane tongue.gif
Nighthawk
Calling him 'Cain' would probably give it away too quickly. At least with 'Kane', you need to think a little first to make the connection.
Oh and I wish EA will release the orginal story sometime

They won't. They'll probably release their version of the story instead of the original developed by Westwood.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.