Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New research information
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > Tiberian Sun News
DeathRay2K
Several new researches have been conducted at PPM recently, concerning Tiberian Sun.

First of all, it turns out that TS is more extensible than anyone previously thought! It turns out, you can make your own locomotors for TS with high-level programming languages that support DLL files, such as Delphi, C, and C++. CNCVK discovered this and posted a fair bit of information on it, and even posted a working locomotor (It makes the unit go around in circles) which you can download over at PPM.
The main part of the code ofr new locomotors looks something like this:
CODE
if (m_bMoving)
    {
        // rotate an object
        m_crd.X = m_pos.X + m_radius * sin(m_angle);
        m_crd.Y = m_pos.Y + m_radius * cos(m_angle);
        m_crd.Z = m_pos.Z;

TechnoClass::InterMoveLocker(m_pObject, 0);
        TechnoClass::SetPos(m_pObject, &m_crd);
        TechnoClass::InterMoveLocker(m_pObject, 1);

// increase an angle
        m_angle += 0.01;
        if (m_angle > 6.2831)
        {
            m_angle = 0;
        }
    }
   return m_bMoving;

Here's what it looks like:

There has also recently been some research on vehicular jumpjets.
Normally, when a vehicle is made a jumpjet, it becomes invincible and it cannot reveal shroud.
With this new research, conducted by Team Black, it was uncovered that in fact, two things do harm vehicular jumpjets. The firestorm defence and, more importantly, railguns!
Simply by giving the railgun AA=yes in its code allows it to fire at and harm vehicular jumpjets.

The ramifications of this discovery are huge for TS modders. This allows for helicopters with rotors (Or other animations), transports, and everything else vehicles are able to handle that aircraft are not. Even dogfights are made possible (albeit somewhat buggy) by giving the vehicular jumpjets a railgun.
Robo fish
Break dancing titans? Hell yeah!
That quite nice.
Lin Kuei Ominae
is it only the image that moves in circles or the unit itself? (If you shoot at it, would the projectile fly to the midpoint or the unit)
It doesn't follows the restrictions of the cells, that's why i ask.

But after 8 years a late and none the less amazing advance in modding TS.

Just think about new Hover locos or jumping pogo like locos or aircraft/plane locos or new underground locos... just wow dance.gif
jadems
How cool.

I'm guessing what makes it walk in a circle are these tags:

m_crd.X = m_pos.X + m_radius * sin(m_angle);
m_crd.Y = m_pos.Y + m_radius * cos(m_angle);
m_crd.Z = m_pos.Z;

// increase an angle
m_angle += 0.01;
if (m_angle > 6.2831)
{
m_angle = 0;
}

Giving the shape and the angle of it's path from the center, right?

It seems to act like an offset HVA, like when the unit is heaps away from the middle it rotates around the selection box (???) that's why it faces the center.
Corsair
Hooray for our hometown hero, Team Black!

Interesting, like LKO said, eight years and there's still stuff being found out about TS lol.gif
DeathRay2K
I kind of think the unit itself is moving around, since that's what locomotors are for. wink1.gif
You could always try it yourself, its available in one of the links I posted.
ChielScape
it moonwalking...
"there's nothing scarier than a warmech that thinks its michael jackson" -some guy at the reborn forum.
Blacksilence
cool
Its a good AI attack, but the legs need to turn to the direction its walking to!!!
SeekSomethingNew
well, seeing as it has bugs, and is a test... i don't think its intended for use in mods... tongue.gif
epicelite
OMFG SOMEONE MAKE DROPSHIPS PLZ!

kthxbai.
SeekSomethingNew
no... if you want it, you make it.
epicelite
QUOTE (TSHyper @ Jul 9 2007, 07:16 PM) *
no... if you want it, you make it.

Teach me how to program and I am on it! rolleyes.gif
jadems
Well, I can do basic C, and what's up there is the C if-then function.
And then I'm guessing you need to know a bit of maths (trigonometry - sin, cos, tan)
There's probably more required, but thats all I know.
Creagor
Well, C&CVK has released the C++ source code on PPM - he also says, quite correctly, than any other High level langauge could potentially be used. So, analyze that C++ code, it holds the key. Then convert it (or rather, the method used in it) to your programming language of choice. It also uses some low-level machine code (x86 Assembly), but that does not need to be changed, only how it is used. Certainly, triganomatery could be used, but really you could use other maths too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.