Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How can I play TS online?
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
Tore
I have tried everything But it still doesn't work! I can access the lobby I can host/create games but when it starts. I load but the others doesn't, When game starts I have lost connection to the other players.

Any Ideas?
DonutArnold
Same here. When the game starts it also disconnects the ADSL connection, so I have to restart my PC.
I've been whining about this two times before and still no answer for this issue.
Clazzy
Try turning off your firewall. Some firewalls are extremely strict and don't seem to like TS, ZoneAlarm is a big offender here.
Tore
I have tried turning off the fire wall. But still the same happens in TS.
Nod Strike
Nither can I?

By the way, with TS first decade, have all the patches been put in? Also is there a problem with TS FD?
Tore
Yes TFD has all the patches for all of the games. (I have the TFD patches installed to)
Robo fish
Did you tried That?
Tore
I have looked at there forum already.
DonutArnold
I've tried turning firewall off too and checking that XWIS help forum long time ago, but still it did that annoying thing. MOAR HELP!
Tore
Does some know other things I can do?
Robo fish
Use Hamachi or any LAN things similar to Hamachi.
Tore
Hamachi doesn't work, But strangely RA 2 does work.
wondle_donkey
Grr I get this same exact problem and its PISSING ME OFF Because I wanna play online....
Slender Mang
Its your ports there restricting access to other players unblock em anyway this was for wc3 but it should give you the idea of how to unblock ports now you just need to find our which one to unblock
For the Windows Firewall:

- Open Windows Firewall by clicking the Start Menu, and locating Control Panel. Click Control Panel and locate Windows Firewall.

- Click the tab in the program Windows Firewall, "Exceptions"

- Click the button in the tab "Exceptions", "Add Port...". It will ask for an Application Name and a Port. The Application Name can be anything you want, but the Port should be set to 6112. Make sure this is enabled!

Good! Now, unless you have a router, you should be able to host games!

But, if you have a router, then follow these steps as well:

- Click the start menu and click Run. A window will pop up.

- In the new pop-up window, type in: cmd

- A new window should pop up. This is the console, Command Prompt. Here, you can do most everything. What we want to do is find out your IP.

- In this pop-up window, type in the following command: ipconfig

- Now, you should see a lot of stuff, but there are three things I want you to look for specifically. They are your Personal IP and the Gateway. The Gateway is your Router's IP, used for accessing the router, and your Personal IP is for when you get to Port Forwarding so you can enable it for your computer. Otherwise, you're hopeless, so write it down!

- Now, open an internet browser, such as Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. In the internet browser, type in your Gateway's IP, which you recently saw in Command Prompt.

- Now, once the page is loaded, it will either say "Invalid page" meaning you put in the wrong IP, or it will ask for a username or password. You have two choices here. They are:
a. Leave the username box blank and in the password area, put in the password: admin
b. If that doesn't work, ask someone who would know! If no one knows or they won't tell you, you should stop here. You NEED this information, otherwise you'll have to try C, and that can get you into trouble!
c. Take a pen or pencil and stick it into the reset button hole on your physical Router Box. Hold it there until it shuts down and restarts. The lights should go off then on. This will reset the password and username so that you can repeat step A. Then, continue.

- Now, you're into the router, I hope. We will go on. Look for an area including a port range, an application name, possibly a time of day, a protocol, your own last 3 numbers to your IP (192.168.1.[___]) and possibly a few more things. Usually it is found by going here:
Click the Tab labeled Advanced. In there, it should hold Port Forwarding.

- Now, I will tell you how to fill in your blanks. The page should look somewhat like this:

Application Name: [_____] (Put anything you want in here)
Port Range: [___] ~ [___] (These boxes should contain the numbers 3840 then5400 respectively.
Protocol: [___]v |(Here, you have a drop down menu box.
------------TCP----| you can either select TCP, or
------------UDP---.| you can select Both. UDP will not work
------------Both---| for Warcraft III!!!)
IP: 192.168.1.[___] (Here comes in the number you wrote down! Your personal IP. This is required for your computer to have the port open! Only the computer that the IP has been set to will be able to host. Every now and then, you will have to redo all of this so that you can host again if it stops working. Anyways, put in the last 3 digits to the IP that you wrote down!)

- Now, click Accept and that should be it! If there are some missing things or things you don't understand, you can contact me at: Net_Creator@Azeroth (USEast if you're unfamiliar with the WC3 Server name changes from older blizzard games.) OR Clan Vuen! I'm glad that we have just formed this clan, at approx. Feb. '07, Sun. @ 2:00 PM CST!

Thank you for reading my tutorial! I hope it helps! Have fun hosting games, and give a tribute to this map! Host it when you can! Thanks, the Vuen's D&D Administration!
Tore
My router is locked, I cant change anything on it.

EDIT: Strange, I can change things now.
Tore
I made it work! I can now play TS online! Go to http://portforward.com/ and find your router type and version, find TS on the list of games and you will find out how to make it work!
DonutArnold
i did that few time ago and i think it worked on RA2, but i believe it won't work on TS...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.