Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Dawn > TD Discussion
Nintyuk
dang i cant get my copy of dawn to run angry.gif
i have the cds from the world wide war fare multi pack and i have windows xp ,they should work but when i start to install it saids some thig like somthing x is some thing some thing and dosent compleat the install ill get back and post what exsact ly the thing that comes up asap.
vOi!king ship
Can you explain a bit better? Like give a screenshot or quote what exactly happened?

Personally, I think you might not have set the compatiability mode.
Nintyuk
ok igot past the first hurdle now this. it happens when ever i try to run the game
(ps i have tried it incompatibility modes)
ShDwBoRn
i have a simialar problem with dawn on first decade, the game starts but a blue box pops up and says OUT OF RANGE. i can here the sounds from the intro vids but i can't see them. i used to have yoyr problem too but then i did something and it worked again. And thsi all kinda sucks because dawn is cool and haven't been able to play it! angry.gif
Twizted772
you need this patch, it says C&C Gold, but it works on TD and Red Alert

Note: you are unable to play on multiplayer (excluding skirmish) with this patch, but at least singleplayer and skirmish work
Bittah Commander
You gotta be very lucky to catch anyone online on TD anyway...
Bedeage
I play TD on our school lan occasionally, but we did have a few problems trying to connect :(
CrimsonFlash
Shadowborn,there is another way of running the game without the frequency out of range error,Open your red alert folder. and click on red alert setup (ull notice it) and then, click on the bottom run in 800x600 resolution.
Nintyuk
Thank you twizted772 mellow.gif= smile.gif= biggrin.gif = lol.gif= Whaoo! Finally the dawn has come!
Nintyuk
err how do you accses skirmish i cant see how is ther another patch?
The DvD
I don't think Tiberian Dawn has any skirmish mode ;]
There's just Singleplayer and Multiplayer (Online, LAN)
Slender Mang
yea i used to play lan agsint my bro tis was fun
Nintyuk
QUOTE (Twizted772 @ Oct 26 2006, 10:25 PM) *
you need this patch, it says C&C Gold, but it works on TD and Red Alert

Note: you are unable to play on multiplayer (excluding skirmish) with this patch, but at least singleplayer and skirmish work

this is y i thougt it had skirmish
Mr. Pokey
He's just wrong I'm afraid wink1.gif
TD has no skirmish.
Aztek985
QUOTE (ShDwBoRn @ Oct 26 2006, 02:28 PM) *
i have a simialar problem with dawn on first decade, the game starts but a blue box pops up and says OUT OF RANGE. i can here the sounds from the intro vids but i can't see them. i used to have yoyr problem too but then i did something and it worked again. And thsi all kinda sucks because dawn is cool and haven't been able to play it! angry.gif

You have an old monitor don't you? My buddy just got a brand new PC and tried playing San Andreas, got the same error. It's his monitor because it's so old, it doesn't support the resolution SA plays at. Either change the resolution to one your monitor supports, or go get a new monitor.
Nyerguds
There's also the "run in 640x480" option in the compatibility settings...

Anyway, for installing C&C1 and RA1, I always follow Planet C&C's guide. It's the best one I've ever seen.

Of course, nowadays you can add Scorpio's DLL patch from strike-team.net to it to get functional LAN & online play too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.