Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And the dictators shall be...
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Hosted Projects > Inactive > The TiberiumWeb Community Mod > Applications
Team Black
I know I'm totally capable of running this mod by myself, but it won't be half as effective as it would be if I were to have some help...

What is a 'leader?' well basically, it's someone who will make the important decisions on the mod.
Since the ideas will come from the entire community, there's likely to be good ones, bad ones, and ones that might conflict with others. It's the leaders who will have the final say on which ones to use for the mod, and to put these ideas together in a way that will result in an enjoyable, balanced, and totally awesome mod.

A primary characteristic of a leader should be respect and honor. Since the leaders will basically have authority over the outcome of the mod, it's important to be able to be able to TRUST that leader with such authority. It's important that the leader is to be willing to put aside his (or her tongue.gif) ideas for the sake of the project-
This is a community project, based on the community's ideas, not just those of the leader's.

Bickering and arguing will kill this mod.

Another very important characteristic of a leader is to be well experienced in modding (well, that's kind of given tongue.gif).
They'll need to have extensive knowledge of rules.ini and a solid knowledge of the TS engine - what is possible and what isn't.
They also need to understand the importance of balance & strategy, (and be able to apply it to a mod, naturally tongue.gif)

This can also be a part-time thing, if you don't think you'd be able to commit all kinds of time to this wink1.gif
But if you fit both the things mentioned above, I'd be glad for any help you'd be willing to offer XD

Some candidates I'd consider nominating would be Creagor, LKO, and Bittah Commander, if they indeed want to
No there won't exactly be a vote, it'll all be the impression that I get, based on feedback..
If you want to be a leader, just say so, and let everyone give their honest thoughts on it OK
Blacksilence
what do you think no mod leader.
jadems
Didn't LKO say he couldn't be leader. He can manage the shp entries.
And I don't understand, I thought you were going to be the leader? Or is this joint leadership?
Bittah Commander
I'm not sure whether I have enough time to lead this mod, but doing it -the way you implied it- part-time shouldn't be a problem.
Lin Kuei Ominae
With an advisor or helping status i would do this. Part-time like.
Team Black
Actually I'm kind of rethinking the whole idea of the "leader" team - In the original thread, one of the main concerns was that people won't be able to cooperate -
QUOTE (Clazzy)
too many cooks spoil the broth

But from what I've seen in the last couple of days, this is turning out to not be a problem at all.
We're totally cooperating and getting good ideas together without more than a fraction of disagreement...
and the people who would be "leaders" are actually leading without even needing to be in the "Leader" group (this is a good thing)..

The way I see it, as long as we're all cooperating I see no need to form an official leader group - it's already there XD
...and as long as everyone trusts me to dictate the final decisions of the mod (evil laughs)

Maybe in the future it'll be different, but for the time being I don't think it's necessary to establish an official leader group wink1.gif
Blacksilence
The people how exactly post here something and willing to do something for the mod are on the team.
jadems
LOL, LKO wants a 'bribe'

@Black Hawk
It's a community mod, the whole community is on the team, we just need 'dictators' to tell us what to do.
ChielScape
i could be leader of voxelling, but not the whole mod. i think that i'll go to 3ds2vxl for this mod, as opposed to handmade voxels.
Lin Kuei Ominae
QUOTE (jadems @ May 22 2007, 09:52 PM) *
LOL, LKO wants a 'bribe'

why that? i just don't want to be the main responsible person. I would help where i can and when i have time.
jadems
LOL, but asked for an 'Advisor' status.
And I wanna help tooo! pick me! for not elader, but participant.
Creagor
QUOTE (Team Black @ May 21 2007, 07:10 PM) *
Some candidates I'd consider nominating would be Creagor, LKO, and Bittah Commander, if they indeed want to

Certainly ill help, but after my exams, which I am currently studying for.

However for now I would like to take control over the exe/dll/GUI for now, as those things dont require time (unless its reaserch), only knowlage. I will also be available for coding support/advice if it's needed.
Lin Kuei Ominae
QUOTE (jadems @ May 23 2007, 11:09 AM) *
LOL, but asked for an 'Advisor' status.
does that imply it has to be paid?

The part i would help is SHP-ing (of course) and ini editing (rules, sound and art).
Blacksilence
i help out with shp explosions and cool effects for the scrin side, sounds, coding art.ini and rules.ini.
Roani52
I think it's the best way to have more 'dictators'.
So:
Chiel for the Voxel part,
I'd say LKO for the SHP units and buildings
Johan for (advanced) ini stuff (he has almost always an answer when I've trouble with inis, he's good)
Ok, do Myron a favour, and let him be the SHP effects dictator....
Let me be the dictator about Myron's spelling tongue.gif

And ofcourse, let Team Black be the uber dictator. Or el dito, pre-gosho... or however you spell that 31 d170...!
Pre-Gosho had pretty much ("constructive") critism on TS:V...
Or let Ackron be the uber dictator, because he always acts like one tongue.gif No... No ackron
And let Clazzy be the unit function dicator..
Bittah Commander
I don't see why we would need a "supreme dictator" by the way. The polls of these forums can easily take that position.
Roani52
Allright... Our supreme dictator will be................ THE POLLS... YAY dry.gif
Bittah Commander
The way I see it, the easiest way would be that there are just a few leaders and when anything isn't agreed on, it's voted on.
Roani52
Oh... Like that way. Ok to me...
ChielScape
a few leaders wouldnt work either. i am pro decide-everything-through-specific-topics-and-polls.
Lin Kuei Ominae
agree too. Polls and Votes.
Team Black
I think the more "Leaders" we'd have, the more we risk argument. Therefore my cure might actually turn out to be the cause XD

Since someone has to ultimately draw the line, I'll be the one to make the final decisions - which will be based on the pools and feedback and stuff.
It seems the people who would be "leaders" are actually leading automatically, without even needing to be told that they have a "leadership" role.
vOi!king ship
Or el dito, pre-gosho... or however you spell that 31 d170...!
Pre-Gosho had pretty much ("constructive") critism on TS:V...

It feels good to be remembered. Although, you seem to remember a totally different guy...

Besides, democracy is best always. Communism would be better, but this is a mod, not a perfect society. tongue.gif
Bittah Commander
QUOTE (Team Black @ May 24 2007, 08:06 PM) *
I'll be the one to make the final decisions - which will be based on the pools and feedback and stuff.

So like I said, the polls are taking the position of the "supreme dictator". So there actually is no "supreme dictator"...

By the way, about your argument that having multiple people leading the mod increases the risk of an argument... That might be true, but when there's only 1 person leading it, his opinion (and decision) won't always be for the best of the mod. Arguments can always be solved with votes, so that isn't an issue.
Team Black
hmm.gif
The way I see it, if the leader's final decisions are based off of the polls anyways, then it applies to both of our points...
Probably not everything that is brought up might be in a poll, but also in verbal feedback and stuff.

The main goal is to make the mod work, and the best way to do that is to avoid arguments.
If bad stuff starts happening though, we'll have to rearrange the system.

The only way a 'supreme dictator' could be seen as a problem, is if that person used their power for their own sole benefit.
But if the power is used properly, for the sake of the whole, then it's actually a good thing.
I'd hope that I've given everyone enough reason to trust me with that authority, in the case of this mod

And I know that we're all pretty much respectable people, so I doubt that having that kind of authority will even be necessary.
Tibweb's friendly reputation is the reason I decided to start this mod in the first place tongue.gif
Bittah Commander
I say let's just not have anyone who makes the main decisions for the mod until one is really needed (and in that case there can be voted for one).
I really doubt that need will come though.
Team Black
Agreed smile.gif
And I think it's best we leave it at that, unless it becomes an issue sometime in the future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.