Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Huey the infected cyborg?
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
Pixcell
what exactly is 'huey the infected cyborg?' is it in a GDI FS mission or something?
Nod Strike
Hehe, mapping in FS, are we? In a GDI mission, you have to destroy part of CABAL's cyborg production plant by getting a infected cyborg (a virus) into the complex.
Pixcell
oh thanks smile.gif and yeh mappin in FS wink1.gif
tomb
"Huey the infected cyborg" is (very probably) a reference to a Star Trek Borg character named Hugh, who was "infected" with individualism, and then sent back to the Borg.
Team Black
heh cool. I like when they put those easter egg sort-of things in there.
Crimsonum
and those in-door jokes
Crash
Isn't this GDI mission 8 of firestorm ? I like that mission. This sort of easter egg reminds me of the speech "206=41-N004 NOD Base Command This Is Post TK421, We Have Got Nod Forces Closing On Our Position" TK421 was the ID number of the storm trooper guarding the millenium falcon in the orginal star wars movie, who got shot. Does anyone know about some more easter eggs ?
Ixith
yes that is the 8th mission of FS for GDI.

and as for other easter eggs. I do believe there is a randomly named ini file somewhere in the mixes that lists a lot of the makers and their tags for adding them ingame. as used in the map Westwood's Revenge by RVMech i do believe. (correct me if im wrong but i believe im correct)
tomb
(probably a well-known one, from Tiberian Dawn)

First page of manual:

"We have waited centuries for this moment.
The rivers will flow with the blood of those who
oppose us."

-- Kane, suspected leader of the
Brotherhood of Nod

(Global Net Interpol, file #GEN4:16)

GEN4:16 refers to the bible passage Genesis 4, verse 16;

So Cain went out from the LORD's presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

(source: bible.com)

Edit: -- PS, I think there was another Star Trek related easter egg... will post it when it comes up....
ORCACommander
religion has always been speculated about its connection to TS. if you want to play a game with a lot of religious and symbolic references play Homeworld 1
Lin Kuei Ominae
35-n000.aud in TibSun.mix/speech01.mix
"lieutenant starck here, we're landed and await tratos for immediate evacuation, bring him here, hurry up" (translated from german version, so maybe not the same like the english)
Lt. Starck, Executive Officer of the Crew around Captain Miller on the "Lewis and Clark" in the Movie Event Horizon.

Was this sound ever been used ingame?

And the Tiberian Fiend Attack Sound exist in exact the same way in the game Alien versus Predator as a Praetorian or Predator sound effect.
Corsair
I've heard the tiberian fiend's sounds used on televisions shows several times, I don't remember it in AvP though hmm.gif
jadems
Are they allowed to do that? What TV shows?
Team Black
Beast Wars was one. In two episodes, IIRC. It was the episode when they cloned the raptor guy into a "transmetal 2", and the Black Widow bot was hunting him down...if anyone else was a fan of Beast Wars once upon a time tongue.gif

(yea I was a big fan of Beast Wars when I was a wee lad rolleyes.gif )
Corsair
QUOTE (jadems @ May 11 2007, 06:38 PM) *
Are they allowed to do that?

I'm sure they are, they're just generic sound effects
jadems
But I thought they were C&C sounds... isn't there like a copyright issue?
Or does generic sound mean it isn't there's and its a 'free' thing?

And I love BeastWars. Anything to do with the Transformers are cool. See my DP? Deceptions FTW
Crimsonum
I've heard the tesla and the laser firing sounds many times on cartoon shows. They aren't anything Westwood-made I believe.
Nod Strike
Oh come on, does it really matter? I've heard the Warrock RPG sound on Half Life 2, near the bigginging when your running around the sewers, with cars patroling and firing rockets at you, also the attack cycle on numourus games.
Clazzy
There are many generic sound effect packs out there. Westwood would have just bought the pack to use, the case is the same with many of the explosions, if not all, in TS. They weren't made by WW (although the RA2 ones may have been, I don't know).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.