Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Act On Instinct [Blackster Remix]
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > The Graphics Fridge
Team Black
I took the original Frank Klepaki's "Act on Instinct", and GeckoYamori's remake of AOI and mashed em together, and added some cool effects.

In all, this took me about 4 hours in total to complete, so comments and construtive criticism are appreciated..
yes I know the ending is a little awkward, but I already put a ton of effort into it as it is.

This is one of my hobbies, to fool around with song files. If you want to see some more, I have a myspace where you can check em out, and download them if you like.
Slender Mang
heh cool
Tore
AWESOME!
Dregan
I'll stick with what i said on ppm, how did you go with the changes anyway? Keep up the good work.
Team Black
Thank you.
Gecko's redux followed the same chords, which is why I was so interested in using it - so once I got them on the same tempo, I could play both tracks next to eachother and still have good harmony. Most of the difficulty was in the transitions, and since Gecko's is only a short clip, I had to repeat things and rearrange the song a bit.
Then I'd add the extra effects, such as the stereo and phaser and stuff. Keep in mind, this is all much more difficult, and time consuming, as it sounds!

And yeah, some time (in the distant future, likely roll.gif ) I will give this song another go-around, and straighten out the bumps wink1.gif

Here's what the song looks like in Audacity. I only used 4 tracks!
jadems
Sorry, if i'm bumping.

But how does Audacity translate your (AWESOME) mix into that when there are no breaks in the song? and there are silent places in the wave?

ooh, i suppose Audacity is an audio mixer of some sort, but what exactly IS it?
Team Black
The display is basically a timeline of each track, from left to right... when you turn the project into a wav, it mixes all the tracks together into a single audio track.
which then you can then convert into mp3 with a program like itunes or something (or aud with the XCC aud writer, if you wanted to put it in a mod - (ask permission first wink1.gif ))

Audacity is free to download if you google it
jadems
Yeah, I know that >.>

But i mean the song has no breaks in it and the picture posted seems to have 'quiet' bits.
Team Black
oh I see what you mean - well it's basically each track is taking turns playing the song.
Meaning, when one track is silent, another track begins where the other one left off. In order to make this song work, I needed to chop it up like that, and the "taking turns" thing helped me to make smoother transitions ~ I hope you can kind of understand what I mean
Denmon
that aint half-bad actually
jadems
Ahhh, I see. I was reading it as it was playing left to right, top to bottom when they just play left to write at the same time...

That's awesome. And thanks for explaining it. It might help in my music exam which is about electronic music. XP
Roadwarrior
awsomnes dance.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.