Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look at the buildings that can be constructed in these screenies
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
777 goku
Look at the buildings that can be constructed in these screenies... its not modded!

Im guessing Westwood was planning on including the dropship bay and some other building

http://www.ea.com/official/cc/firstdecade/us/tiberiansun.jsp
Crimsonum
777 Goku, you are as many years late as Tiberian Sun has been on markets. Even I have seen those screens ages ago, they are included behind the official TS boxes.
777 goku
yep but whats the building second from the bottom on the construction thing. It'd be cool if someone could recreate the building and put it in a mod...

Also do you think the dropship bay was used to drop vehicles or units similar to Nod's airstrip in renegade?
Creagor
Those screnshots are from Pre-Release TS, and yes WW did plan to include the things in them.

There is some dispute as to the exact purpose of the dropshipbay. Some think it worked very similar to the "starport" building in Dune (another WW game), others believe it worked in conjunction with the Dropship loadout feature (also dropped).

The othe building I think you are refering to has been re-made by Gangster (or Jabberwoky, whatever he calls himself now), and can be found HERE. Poke daTS a few times if you want him to post up the buildup/active anims/whatever he was working on. I believe this building will be featured in the mod Tiberian Sun Squared, but you can always get it ingame yourself if you cant wait until it is released.
Nighthawk
yep but whats the building second from the bottom on the construction thing.

That is the pre-release GDI Tech Centre.
ShDwBoRn
wow this thread is 100% useless now, speaking of drop ship bays i don't think that would not have been that great of feature, it would wreck the games balance
Creagor
QUOTE (ShDwBoRn @ Mar 5 2007, 07:45 PM) *
speaking of drop ship bays i don't think that would not have been that great of feature, it would wreck the games balance

Which is why it, aswell as many other things, were removed.
Nighthawk
Although Nod had more additions as well. Their Meteor Storm would probably have been the counter for the Dropships.
Crimsonum
The Dropship bay was supposed to be either a reinforcement bad, or used in missions connected with Dropship Load-out feature. Both are interesting theories.

The meteor shower however, was a superweapon, and the meteors would originally spread weeds. Yes, veinhole weeds. GDI had a counter-unit, the weed clearer, to counter this massive threat.
Chriz
Just noticed this: What ist this unit in the middle of the explosions?

http://www.ea.com/downloads/eagames/offici...creens/2_lg.jpg

It has darker threads than arty/devils tounge, different wheels than buggy/bike and didnt look like repair vehicle or tick tank...
Any idea what it is? :blink:

btw, dropship bay and gansters building are really usefull for singleplayer maps, i use them as GDI comman center and laboratory smile.gif
Creagor
I always thought that unit was a beta ICBM. Might even be a bets MCV at a push,but ICBM looks a probable answer.
SMIFFGIG
QUOTE (Chriz @ Mar 8 2007, 07:49 PM) *
Just noticed this: What ist this unit in the middle of the explosions?

http://www.ea.com/downloads/eagames/offici...creens/2_lg.jpg

It has darker threads than arty/devils tounge, different wheels than buggy/bike and didnt look like repair vehicle or tick tank...
Any idea what it is? :blink:

Yeah its really strange, I could never figure this out either!! and it quite annoyed me

Other strange things in this very late beta shot are

- The cool looking ripple effects (probably photoshopped)
- SAM Sites with no turrets (recycled the gold GDI SAM turret in the final release... lazy)
- Double cockpit orca bomber (this voxel was remade by FS for TS Retro but was not used... it is in the TSR .mix files however)
- Hover MLRS and Orca Fighters are slightly different voxels from the ingame ones in the release version of TS
- Oh and the ridiculous photoshopped explosion which has been pasted over the upper bridge
Team Black
Chriz
Creagor was talking about a beta ICBM, which propably would look different than the current one (hence the "BETA"), so a comparison is not very usefull tongue.gif
But i doubt WW aver made a Beta ICBm....

Afaik this is the map with General Vegas palace, so I have no idear why Nod would have an ICBM there. It also looks a bit to small for an ICBM. :confused:

It could be a mobile repair vehicle, but it seems to have wheels, while the MRV has tracks confused.gif
wondle_donkey
When he said "that thing in the middle of the explosions" At first I thought he meant this...
Nighthawk
I think it looks more like the artillery, without the white turret on top of it.
ORCACommander
QUOTE (SMIFFGIG @ Mar 8 2007, 03:16 PM) *
Yeah its really strange, I could never figure this out either!! and it quite annoyed me

Other strange things in this very late beta shot are

- The cool looking ripple effects (probably photoshopped)
- Hover MLRS and Orca Fighters are slightly different voxels from the ingame ones in the release version of TS

1. Is it possible to have this ripple effect ingame and if so can someone make it?

2. Could someone make me that orca fighter?
I have the 3d version of it that is used in CNC reborn for renegade but haven't been able to get it out of gmax.
Crimsonum
Why not try and put the ICBM in modern TS in to that bridge, in the same mission? then you can compare the images rather than staring at a dummy Voxel Viewer shot...
Team Black
OK on the left are the 1st and last frames from the ICBM buildup, and on the right is an ingame screenie.
I'm sure you've noticed that the ICBM shrinks when it deploys, perhaps the "Beta ICBM" voxel was the same size as the building-ICBM...
perhaps even being the same vehicle in the screenie?
ORCACommander
heres a thought. That could be an SSM launcher.
Ixith
QUOTE (ORCACommander @ Mar 9 2007, 05:53 PM) *
heres a thought. That could be an SSM launcher.

now that iv taken a closer look at it i think you may be right ORCACommander.

i SOOO wish the SSM launcher was in TS cause it kicked soo much a$$ in TD. but then again if they wouldav included it Nod would have 2 long range tanks. (which wouldnt bother me though tongue.gif )
Crimsonum
That is all speculation. It can be any unit, as we do not know all the units WW cut out before the release of TS. I still believe it's the ICBM, look how the tracks match with the first frame from the deploy animation, and with the unit in the explosions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.