Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Golem
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Graphics > Spotlighted SHPs/Other images
Machine
I wanted to make something special for my post nº100 so here it is rolleyes.gif

A bit of history:
The Golem is a heavy duty mech, used for different task involving construction. Originally it was designed for the GDI by Shinohara Heavy Industries, a big the company that makes 90% of the non-military mechs in the world. Since it's introduction, the Golem has been available to the public, used mostly, by the small number of rich cities left in the world, for construction works. This mech has been seen at the disposal of several militias, and even the Brotherhood; it is presumed that they have stolen them, but this doesn't matter the GDI, since Golems weren't designed for warfare.

Now the explanation of the pun in the WIP thread:
The pun in there is about Mobile Police Patlabor; the reason for this pun is the function of these mechs as industrial vehicles ratter than a war machines; as most labors are in the patlabor series tongue.gif.

Features:
-2 big mechs with similar design one for the GDI and other for Nod.
-1 deploy animation for each mech.
-1 deployed state for each mech.
-1 TS style cameo for each unit.
-1 big render of each unit in the cameo pose.
-Basic coding for the units.
-Coding for enabling both states; an thing that I think, I forgot in the readme, you won't get a deploy cursor in the repair mech mode, due to engine limitations tongue.gif

I know, that I said that i was going to make 3 variants for this unit, but I haven't even modeled the third variant, maybe I'll do it in a future.

Anyways, here's a preview of the units:
Click to view attachment

Finally the Download:
Click to view attachment
I hope you enjoy this :biggrin:

EDIT:
Re uploaded the file, since both mechs had wrong frame 0133, and the GDI version had also wrong frame nº0293 if I remember correctly lol.gif
now this issue is corrected :biggrin:
Team Black
WOW I like this alot, much better than the WIP preview.
<<SPOTLIGHT>>
Bittah Commander
This thing indeed certainly deserved a spotlight smile.gif
Aro
Very impressive, Machine... :smile:
Machine
Wow another spotlight :biggrin:, this makes me so happy lol.gif

Thank you all for the comments :biggrin:

@Aro:
J/k Which machine?, me or the units lol.gif

Curiously, I thought that the first post would be something like this: what's that thing in the middle?, besides the harvester of course.
Aro
I'd of asked that, but i was distacted by the beauty of the Golem... :smile:
vOi!king ship
A well deserved Spotlight.

And yeah, what is that thing? Another new project? :tongue:
Uufje
Nicely detailed, I must say this is a great unit :smile:
ShDwBoRn
holy crap! that thing is cool! Good Job! That is a well deserved spotlight!
Denmon
Why is it that all new 3D shpers have inherited LKO's disability to make good cameos? Come on! Even I can make a better cameo for that even without the render... :sleep:
Corsair
QUOTE (Denmon0728 @ Mar 27 2007, 05:33 AM) *
Why is it that all new 3D shpers have inherited LKO's disability to make good cameos? Come on! Even I can make a better cameo for that even without the render... :sleep:

Doubt it
Machine
QUOTE (Denmon0728 @ Mar 27 2007, 07:33 AM) *

Denmon0728, this unit was made before I decided to announce Rise of Omnius, but I already had a customized cameo style, though not the actual one. I made this cameo as a basic cameo, since I did not want to waste my time in doing something that I would not use.
Team Black
Denmon, you bumped a subject just to spam it with nonsense. Come on, dude roll.gif
daTSchikinhed
Denmon, take it easy homeboy... the unit is what counts here.
Team Black
SPOTLIGHTED. This is some very nice work, Machine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.