Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dawn for DS!!
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Dawn > TD Discussion
Team Black
Check out this link

My friend knew I was a CNC fan and told me about this. I'm pretty sure that the guy is making C&C Dawn from scratch!
Ixith
yeah i think i saw this discussed at PPM awhile ago. it looked pretty accurate to the PC and PS versions. but of course since this is a single guy making it i do believe it isnt an official game or anything like that i think. but none the less it would be interesting especially since the DS is probably the most like a PC since you have the pointer and all that you can move around like a mouse.
Bittah Commander
Now just wait for EA to sue this guy and steal his idea tongue.gif
Nintyuk
yes they wold go and make one for the wii as well nowing EA
Blacksilence
This game is so old the would make a better one. and not coping it
Team Black
yeah on the blog he said he was making a pure clone, with an option to turn on extra stuff like vetrancy, waypoints, and some other randoms.
The stylus touch-screen would be excellent for RTS games, it's perfect!

I think if the guy made it open source, then EA couldn't do anything, could they? he wouldn't be making profit...
blai
But wouldn't EA be losing profit?
Blacksilence
profit on this what a lagh
Nintyuk
QUOTE (Team Black @ Feb 23 2007, 08:36 PM) *
yeah on the blog he said he was making a pure clone, with an option to turn on extra stuff like vetrancy, waypoints, and some other randoms.
The stylus touch-screen would be excellent for RTS games, it's perfect!

I think if the guy made it open source, then EA couldn't do anything, could they? he wouldn't be making profit...

but who would pay for the ds cartreges ?
Blacksilence
only the big fans i think
Crimsonum
@Blai: no, not AFAIK, they don't have the official rights to C&C TD,RA1 and TS, if I remember correctly (saw a topic of this in PPM a while ago), so in a way, the games are abandonware these days.

I know, sounds weird, but it's true...I think...
DeathRay2K
EA still has the rights to the classic C&Cs wink1.gif
However, If I remember correctly, they can only shut down projects like this if it directly affects their profit or profits from their intellectual property.
In this case, EA would have to make at least a portable C&C game to have a case, and probably a DS C&C to have a good case.

Besides which, EA has a (somewhat unofficial*) policy not to interfere with nonprofit stuff based on their games.

*Confirmed by Aaron Kaufman, but I'm not sure about their corporate policy specifically
ShDwBoRn
actually, when C&C 3 was first announced i heard a rumor about it being released for DS. If i could get all the C&C games for DS i would be VERY happy
Warlord
Most of the time i'm out somewhere so i could bring that :biggrin:
Nintyuk
hello any one listening! how can u play it on the DS? it cant be downloaded on to it so you would have to sell it on cartreges and each cartrage can only be boaut from nintendo. i dowt he could afford doing every thing him self. were is he going to make the actual games them selves?
Team Black
I've seen these cartridges that plug into the GBA part of the DS, and that cartridge has a slot for some kind of memory card.
So what you do is load the game onto the memory card, plug that into the GBA cartridge adaptor-thing, which goes in the DS.
I don't know much more than that, I'm afraid. Maybe I'll ask my friend to sign on these forums and explain it...
DoomToHel
WOW this is amazing! Damn! I need to get me one of these! and one of those nintendo DS's!

but I am sure the graphics are probably not going to be great. unsure.gif
Jos
Why does no one has a ds? lol.gif
Arsenal 121
Looking at it, the stylus setup might be feasible for an RTS like C&C. Here's what I'm thinking:

The stylus is used like the mouse, selecting units, queing construction, and other such things by tapping the stylus on the screen. The directional pad could be used to scroll across the field. The other four buttons on the face could be used to assign teams and the right and left shoulder buttons could be used for repairing and selling respectively. The top screen could function as the radar display.

That's just how I was thinking it might work.
Nyerguds
His last update is from July 10, 2007, and I don't think there's anyone except me who has all internal TD stats... unless he's disassembling C&C95 too.
DeathRay2K
Speaking of the internal TD stats, could I get them? For... Something.
ShDwBoRn
in order for the game to work on DS you need to make some modifications to the hardware, the DS can't read the game right out of the box i'm pretty sure theres some sort of mod chip that you need.

you can get RA1 for psp by installing modded firmware onto your psp then simply download the rom/iso (whatever the hell it is) for the PSX emulator onto the psp. voila. Red Alert on psp, its laggy though. (search RA1 pm psp on youtube)

same thing goes for wii, with some slight mods a wii can read burned DVD's (afterall, wii games are all already on what are essentially DVD's)
Team Black
the guy hasn't updated in a year.. too bad, I had my hopes up for this project
Ixith
QUOTE (ShDwBoRn @ Jun 22 2008, 03:18 PM) *
you can get RA1 for psp by installing modded firmware onto your psp then simply download the rom/iso (whatever the hell it is) for the PSX emulator onto the psp. voila. Red Alert on psp, its laggy though. (search RA1 pm psp on youtube)

actually you don't even need the PSX emulator because the PSP has a built in one or something like that. I think they had actually remade some PSX games for the PSP and that is why it can play them without the PSX emulator. Though games with more than one disc have some problem unless you get a certain program for it or something like that. (Yes I do enjoy playing my Vagrant Story and Einhander on my PSP tongue.gif )

and it is a shame if the guy stopped work on this project of putting TD on the DS. I was really hoping to see it happen so that I could possibly get some of my friends who have a DS to play the original C&C.
Nyerguds
QUOTE (DeathRay2K @ Jun 22 2008, 07:54 PM) *
Speaking of the internal TD stats, could I get them? For... Something.

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/tools/cnc95uge_beta.zip UGE 3.0 beta
The docs are very incomplete though... I want to make one text file for each section in the editor but haven't gotten around to making it.

You can always use the docs of the older 2.6 version
http://www.cncforums.com/new/local_links.p...=69&lpage=1

Incidentally, TibEd, contains everything that 2.6 has, with a nicer GUI. No weapons or music though.
The White Wizard
I think its a good idea...
deadthank
QUOTE (Nintyuk @ Feb 23 2007, 11:58 PM) *
but who would pay for the ds cartreges ?

i found a ds emulater online, he could just upload it to a site and some people could put it on a ds card if they want it to play with a stylus and couldnt people with a laptop get a programme online to convert their touch pad to a opaque touch screen? they could use the pc screen to display both screens, it would be harder to play but cost time and power but not much else. hmm.gif
Team Black
that site is long dead, and so is the topic..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.