Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So whats been happening with TSC?
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Hosted Projects > Inactive > Tiberian Sun: Callisto
Creagor
Well, DvD stole my thunder here, by announcing he is now working on TSTW minutes before I decided to post this, but ah well. Wish him luck people (but in his own thread not here!).

Anyway, to TSC.
We have been quiet scince the initial thread, but things are still moving onwards, slowly but surley. Most of the major changes are to balancing, coding and the exe/dll duo, so nothing too visual im afraid - the stuff that is visual is mainly either secret or incomplete. Still, Ive decided that, as its the end of the half-term break (for me anyway), we need somthing to show before everyone is depressed by work.

I will be revealing the story line behind the mod sooner or later, as the C&C3 demo is out soon. If it doesent live up to the C&C name, then TSC will probably take its place as the "true" (in my opinion) ending to the tiberium series. If its awesome, well..it'll be an "in between" of TS and TW.

So, to the images! Some of the biggest ones are links, as they are big. Most are concepts at the moment, I plan to upload some extra images when I get acess to them again/Nimron sends me his newest concepts, possibly of our favourite and slightly deadly crystaline substance.

Improved Drop-Pods!. I was never happy with the origionals, as the pods came down open - no way could infantry survive entering the atmosphere in open pods! They have been resized slightly too, so they fit in better with the new scaled-down infantry.

One of Nimron's early concepts, a hovering speeder. Unknown if it will make it ingame,may be an easter egg at worst

Two images of the same things, from different angles. Will eventually be made into a civilian building, obviously with a few more details.

This is a concept ramp, maybe joining the city areas together, if it works it may prove a very nice addition to the terain.

The city cliffs, in concept form

And finally, a good moan about TS's palletes. As you can see, the current one turns tiberium cliff destruction into smush. Yes, TSC will probably use custom palletes :biggrin: . Oh yeah, and also the not-seen-before cliff.

And thats all I have time for right now - Im going to keep you hanging in suspense regarding the new tiberium mutaitions ive been dreaming up...

EDIT: New forum update auto-resizes large images, so all of them now show...
Warlord
this is ts callisto right? :confused:
well the last time i checked that the terrain was different :shock:
ORCACommander
good ;uck but the pods were never really open. They were just really stabalizing fins that stored gear ammo and suplies.
Mr. Pokey
All looking pretty good smile.gif Nice Work.

Where is this of which you speak?
Creagor
this is ts callisto right?
well the last time i checked that the terrain was different
Yes, its TS: Callisto. The terrain you saw in the initial thread is still in existance, just not on the map I used for screenshot-taking.

the pods were never really open. They were just really stabalizing fins that stored gear ammo and suplies

The fins open once the pod is on the ground. It did occur to me that with the pods having a smaller design, they would (in reality) come in faster due to reduced drag. I did work on a design with drag fins, but it looked stupid and out of place.

Where is this of which you speak?

?
Are you talking to me or somone else. If me, then I have no idea what you mean sorry :confused1:
Crimsonum
I have a question which is kinda offtopic, and I'm not sure if you know the answer, but: Do the Drop Pods appear always at the same angle? I can't remember correctly if I'd saw them coming from different direction than NE too, but I do remember that the image TS uses for them is only for directions SW and SE. Good you have done your own image for them.

EDIT: btw, shouldn't the fins be open? I know that in the TS concept arts they are never open when the pods are crashing on the surface, but shouldn't they be significant, as they slow the pod down so it wont crash too fast, (That would just kill the soldier inside) and they'd work like a parachute.
Nimron
btw, shouldn't the fins be open?

Yeah the fins (or air pads) open later, As Creagor stated above, thats the image in high atmosphere.

All City Cliff concepts shown here are used by a program called Google Sketchup!

More concepts coming soon guys! wink1.gif
Mr. Pokey
QUOTE (Creagor @ Feb 19 2007, 02:10 PM) *
Are you talking to me or somone else. If me, then I have no idea what you mean sorry :confused1:

Oops, I missed out the most important word ><
I meant to ask where the pie was tongue.gif
Creagor
QUOTE (Mr. Pokey @ Feb 19 2007, 07:30 PM) *
Oops, I missed out the most important word ><
I meant to ask where the pie was tongue.gif

lol.gif If you insist...
Mr. Pokey
Pie! Even if it is surrounded by green. It still good.

Oh, and I really like the concept drawings, now I've had another couple of looks at them. Real nice.
SeekSomethingNew
yay, your a SketchUp geek like me! biggrin.gif btw with the palletes, Red and Green has problems, i suggest you inport a pallet and edit that way, i forgot how to in Photoshop but Paint Shop Pro works ok, just chop and change.
mukamuka92
QUOTE (Mr. Pokey @ Feb 19 2007, 06:10 PM) *
Pie! Even if it is surrounded by green. It still good.

Yeah is that just like the blueberry flavored antrax from generals (on my screen the toxen tractors shoot blue antrax).
SeekSomethingNew
hey, btw... a cool feature you could add to the release is... oh wait, i cant say it here, lets just say C&C3 has something very cool that you can "mod" to work with Tiberian Sun :biggrin:
Creagor
I am intruiged.... We need to chat more often, but keep missing each other. Get on MSN more dude! :wink1:

Also, this goes for everyone: If you have suggestions, questions or ideas, I have nothing against you posting them up - your input into the mod is as important as mine - this mod is being made for the public as well as myself remember :biggrin:
Tartan Bunny
there are so many mod intentions... when are they bloddy gonna come out! mad.gif
cdmt
Tartan Bunny these people are not fulltime game developers and they are doing this as a hobby. They have lives outside this game and sometimes mods may fall by the wayside. What you might do instead of waiting and getting impatient is learn how to mod. Then work on your own mod using concepts you'd like to see.
Tartan Bunny
yer, i know, but look how long ts oddessey is taking, i'm wettin my pants with impatience for its release!
soorry guys for moaning so much innocent.gif
Morpher
Tiberian Odyssey is taking so long becuase its probably the biggest TS mod attempted, and also about 70% of the team left meaning production does tend to slow down. Don't even expect TS Odyssey at this rate.
Tartan Bunny
what needs doing? i can do maps if the team (whats left of them), if they need be.
Creagor
Tartan, please do not use this thread for asking about getting hired by the odyssey team, use PM's or the Odyssey forum on PPM. AFIK, Odyssey works on a "you don't find them, they find you" system, so unless you can produce truly awesome results, don't get your hopes up.

And for the record, Callisto is not dead. As cdmt said, other things eat up my time :(. Currently I am in the process of studying for my GCSE's, as well as taking an NVQ level 2 in performing engineering operations. As you can imagine, this takes time away from modding. Once the exams are over I will have about 6 weeks of free time, in which I intend to get down to some serious modding biggrin.gif . During that time I also want to try and get a few staff members on the TSC team (It's only me now, Derox seems to have left the community, and I cannot contact him in any way). Like Odyssey, this mod cannot be given a release estimate, due to much the same reasons - lots to do with not many people with time to do it.

Again, keep watching, and you will hopefully see somthing more after the exams.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.