And how GDI would react :biggrin: BBQ!
Click to view attachment

just some pics to show you what you'll get next wink.gif
i hope you like it
Tore
its its its Bugs run run

looks cool Lin Kuei Ominae smile.gif
ORCACommander
*Giant Squish with foot smilie* rofle with those ORCAB's!
Team Black
Dude that is so friggin AWESOME.
It would be best I think to make the smaller bugs super-weak and super-cheap, that way people could have fun doing mass blitzes with em and crushing em all XD
Be sure to get some good *crunch* sounds for the death, yeah that would rock. As for the giant fire beetles I'd give them some decent aromor though..

Dude these are just amazing :cool:
Lin Kuei Ominae
i didn't planned to make them as a new side, just an enhancement for the very few tiberium monsters.
Thats why they all have no remaps.

I gave them cost=0.
The Bugs have only Strength=50 and Armor=none
The FireBugs: Strength=350, Armor=heavy
Bugs are Infantry
FireBugs Vehicles

i have the DVD Starship Troopers, so i hope, i can extract some good sound effects too. But maybe you already have some or know where to find some and share them here. This would take some work away from me.

Is "fire beetle" the official name? i would really like to know them. if someone has a list?
In the movie making-of scenes the director called him "Tank Bug" if i remember right.

what i already have is
the Bug
the FireBug (my name for the fire beetle; btw the FireBallLauncher works great for this cool.gif )
and work on
the Plasma Artillery Bug
the Brain Bug
what i dont think to do
the Flying Bug (because jumpjet logic is messed up, and the tiberium flyer logic isn't the best)

the Bug Fire-Death Anim:Click to view attachment
the FireBug Walk Anim:Click to view attachment

right now i have a problem with the Plasma Bugs Fire-Anim. Maybe you can help me.
As you may know the Plasma Bug fired with his back. he blowed up and then fire the plasma ball from his behind (quite disgusting :biggrin: )
Ok, my problem is.
Should i make in the fireanim a turn-anim too? because it has to turn for 180° to fire, it could look quite stupid, if it just flips around.
But if i add a turn-anim, the whole anim could last to long, so every target can simply escape before this thing fires.
Bittah Commander
Here's me expecting to find a topic with screenshots of errors (bugs) in TS lol.gif

These really look awesome. The screenshots remind me of the RA ant missions... Maybe you could create the same kind of missions (or at least SHP's for it), only with a lot of different (obviously giant) bugs.
There could be grass hopper swarm in the mission, beetles, ants, spiders and even those scorpions you made a while ago biggrin.gif
harv
are you going to release them those shps LKO
gufu
1)Zerg broodlings have nice crushed sound
Corsair
Nod deserved that, nice going LKO! lol.gif

By the way, I have the sound effects from Starship Troopers: Terran Ascendancy

Not the best of games, but I've found the sound effects fun to use in maps/games

Such as: replacing the Terran Marine's assault rifle with the sound from the Starship Trooper's rifle (fun stuff!) - which then caused me to make some crazy ass maps (points at sig)
KajiTetsushi
QUOTE (Lin Kuei Ominae @ Feb 16 2007, 07:13 AM) *
right now i have a problem with the Plasma Bugs Fire-Anim. Maybe you can help me.
As you may know the Plasma Bug fired with his back. he blowed up and then fire the plasma ball from his behind (quite disgusting :biggrin: )
Ok, my problem is.
Should i make in the fireanim a turn-anim too? because it has to turn for 180° to fire, it could look quite stupid, if it just flips around.
But if i add a turn-anim, the whole anim could last to long, so every target can simply escape before this thing fires.

Make it some kinda turret. That is, if deployed. Hold on a sec', maybe not. "Neutral" AI is far too dumb to do that, lest you make your own AI for them. Or if all else fails, you might try making as little frames as possible. Is this bug a "vehicle" or "infantry"?

Also, give the Plasma Bug's fire-animation some massive damage value. You said the Plasma Bug explodes upon firing, no? Let its own firing anim kill itself. ^_^

Oh, and by the way, nice job with the SHPs, LKO.

To Corsair:
I don't like "White" Terrans, though. I always thought it nice if they were to wear blue. By the way, is that the UED? They sound more of corrupt than sane - making use of the Overmind. dry.gif
Corsair
QUOTE (ChrisIchikawa @ Feb 15 2007, 11:57 PM) *
To Corsair:
I don't like "White" Terrans, though. I always thought it nice if they were to wear blue. By the way, is that the UED? They sound more of corrupt than sane - making use of the Overmind. dry.gif

I always set white as the computer AI, and the rest of the players the other colors on my maps. So no, my map isn't the UED, but yes, the UED were just a bar below insane lol.gif
Machine
QUOTE (Corsair @ Feb 16 2007, 09:11 AM) *
I always set white as the computer AI, and the rest of the players the other colors on my maps. So no, my map isn't the UED, but yes, the UED were just a bar below insane lol.gif

The United Earth Directorate lol.gif makes me want to play Starcraft :biggrin:; yeah they were quite insane, but they almost were successfull tongue.gif; would be cool to have 2 different terran armies for the next starcraft.

@LKO:
I know that jumpjet logic is flawed, since it uses the firing frames at ground, and the standing frames when flying, and sometimes it messes up other sequences; but you could still use it, if you make the bug fly at ground level; I mean using the same sequences for the ground and flying state; in this way, the game won't mess up by alternating the ground and flying anims, since the are the same; this even reduces your work, since you shouldn't have to animate too much frames tongue.gif

BTW great work so far :biggrin:
vOi!king ship
Damn, just when I though nothing could amaze me tongue.gif
KajiTetsushi
QUOTE (Machine @ Feb 16 2007, 08:53 PM) *
@LKO:
I know that jumpjet logic is flawed, since it uses the firing frames at ground, and the standing frames when flying, and sometimes it messes up other sequences; but you could still use it, if you make the bug fly at ground level; I mean using the same sequences for the ground and flying state; in this way, the game won't mess up by alternating the ground and flying anims, since the are the same; this even reduces your work, since you shouldn't have to animate too much frames tongue.gif

What if you give the "ground" firing frame its flying frame and vice-versa? Would that work?

QUOTE (Machine @ Feb 16 2007, 08:53 PM) *
The United Earth Directorate lol.gif makes me want to play Starcraft :biggrin:; yeah they were quite insane, but they almost were successfull tongue.gif; would be cool to have 2 different terran armies for the next starcraft.

To me, they were really successful, alright... at provoking me. "Serve the Directorate. Serve Humanity." What the hell? Humanity is power-greedy. tongue.gif Too bad there ain't no new StarCraft.

To LKO:
Just curious: What are you gonna do with the Brain Bug? I mean, it just sucks knowloedge from its victics, AFAIK. Or did I forget something?
Roani52
COOL!!!

Do you think about making a completily new side, with buggs...
You could easily start your own mod!
Lin Kuei Ominae
@Bittah Commander
thanks for the good comment. And no, i can't map, so no map from me. But i hope that i get it work as a single mix file, that just needs to be added to the game, giving all units like an expansion package.
So other good map makers can simply use this package for new Bug Missions.
Right now it's planned to be just a package with the Starship Trooper Bugs, so no grass hopper swarms or ants.
QUOTE (harv @ Feb 16 2007, 03:02 AM) *
are you going to release them those shps LKO
sure, when all units are done.

QUOTE (Corsair @ Feb 16 2007, 03:56 AM) *
By the way, I have the sound effects from Starship Troopers: Terran Ascendancy
can you send me those per PM, or offer them here?
what i need are sounds for the Bug, FireBug, Plasma Artillery Bug, Brain Bug and maybe Flying Bug.

QUOTE (ChrisIchikawa @ Feb 16 2007, 05:57 AM) *
Make it some kinda turret. That is, if deployed. Hold on a sec', maybe not. "Neutral" AI is far too dumb to do that, lest you make your own AI for them. Or if all else fails, you might try making as little frames as possible. Is this bug a "vehicle" or "infantry"?
a turret wont work, because it doesn't supports firing anims.
Its a Vehicle. Only the Bug and maybe Flying Bug are Infantry.
hmm i see what i can do. The turning anim would last only 4 frames what could be acceptable, before the actual firing anim starts.
QUOTE (ChrisIchikawa @ Feb 16 2007, 05:57 AM) *
Also, give the Plasma Bug's fire-animation some massive damage value. You said the Plasma Bug explodes upon firing, no? Let its own firing anim kill itself. ^_^
No the Bug doesn't self destructs. With blow up i meant that it pumps up his back like a balloon, collecting energy for the Plasmablast.

QUOTE (Machine @ Feb 16 2007, 01:53 PM) *
that it uses the standing frames also in air is new to me. I only knew that jumpjet logic uses the air firing frames for both, ground and air.
To make it fly at ground level isn't possible without changing it for all jumpjet units. So i don't think this is possible, because of the global value CruiseHeight=500.
Except you can add "FlightLevel=" to a jumpjet unit and it would use this. Does anyone tested this?
Using the same sequences isn't that easy as you might think.
While flying it doesn't uses the shadow frames and produces a shadow drawn by the engine. And for the ground stage it needs shadows.
But the biggest problem is that the movie Flying Bug was a melee attack unit, what is not usable for a TS jumpjet unit that flies at a fixed height far away from the target.

QUOTE (ChrisIchikawa @ Feb 16 2007, 03:18 PM) *
What if you give the "ground" firing frame its flying frame and vice-versa? Would that work?
no, it just uses for both always the "FireFly=" anim.
QUOTE (ChrisIchikawa @ Feb 16 2007, 03:18 PM) *
Just curious: What are you gonna do with the Brain Bug? I mean, it just sucks knowloedge from its victics, AFAIK. Or did I forget something?
only to have them all. I have no real purpose for this. Maybe i make it as a deployer, so it can deploy into something like a breeder ConYard Factory thing. Like the Zerg Hatchery.

@Roani52
no, this shouldn't be a new side. But if someone else wants to make a new one with these, why not.
again lol.gif no i dont make my own mod. :biggrin:
since now i only made 3 buildings and all other stuff were units. for a mod it needs more than just new units, i think.
Roani52
Well... that doesn't matter, there are enough people who make buildings.

And eh...
QUOTE (LKO)
again, no i dont make my own mod.
Too bad! Just forgot it... Sorry
vOi!king ship
Maybe a mod doesn't need as many buildings as you would think wink1.gif Especially an incect side would not need many buildings.

It's just an idea, but all your creations could be put in one single mod and make a hell of a show.
Corsair
QUOTE (Lin Kuei Ominae @ Feb 16 2007, 11:42 AM) *
can you send me those per PM, or offer them here?

Hm, it might be best if I just sent it through a PM - I'll send you what I extracted from the game when I can

-Edit-
Eh... I have a bunch of sounds :shock: , PM me what kind of sounds your looking for... that would be easier than trying to upload all of these for you
gufu
Starship trooper Arachnids VS Red Alert ants
Uufje
Nicely done, a great swarm of bugs lol.gif
Robo fish
Gah i hate bugs unsure.gif ! But those are so awesome thumbup1.gif

EDIT : HURR Didn't saw the post date
Nod Strike
Again, i think a mod shall commence locking. In before lock tongue.gif.

Then again, this topic might just be revived.
Slender Mang
QUOTE (Robo fish @ Apr 22 2007, 08:14 AM) *
Gah i hate bugs unsure.gif ! But those are so awesome thumbup1.gif

EDIT : HURR Didn't saw the post date

may i say UBER BUMP
tetnis shot ninja
well i have some suggestions before its locked. first off the fire bugs were called tank bugs in the movie but i dont know what tht plasma bugs were called. as for the plasma bugs firing anim you could just make them walk backwards that way they dont have to turn.
Denmon
ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohm
godohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod
hmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmy
odohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

Tehy pwn!

great work dude! totally win!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.