Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good Units, Secret Missions
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Dawn > TD Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Gothic Gregg
Whoh! I just did the Dino missions xD They ****ing rule! Especially the last one. I love the way that WW put "secret" missions in. *sigh* I guess EA woundt put any in the new games. Anyways, I was also wondering what your favorite TD unit is?

Mine:

GDI: Humvee
NOD: Attack Cycle
Dinos: Little Baby Raptor Dinosaur xD
DeathRay2K
Definately the recon bike!
Its so awesome for hit and run.
ChielScape
SSM Launchers.
The Raven
Mammoth Tank FTW.
Robo fish
"time to rock and roll" GDI commando
Clazzy
I was always a Stealth Tank fan, although they worked brilliantly with a Light Tank diversion. They were simply capable of all kinds of hit and run attacks, and they beat the TS Stealth Tanks by miles.
Tyler Adams
Humvee/ Medium Tank.

tongue.gif
Ixith
QUOTE (ChielScape @ Oct 21 2006, 04:59 PM) *
SSM Launchers.

HELL YEAH! SSM launchers rocked....although i did like the TD stealth A LOT and i must agree with clazzy on that the TD stealth beat the TS one by miles but on the other hand the TD artillary sucked for the most part while the TS one kicks @$$

but overall my favorite units had to be:
-Stealth
-SSM Launcher
-Commando
-Mammoth
-MLRS
-Flame Tank

TD was a lot of fun......and yeah those Dino Missions were great. and so were some of the Covert Ops missions. i had fun with those. i might have to pull out my TD and Covert Ops CDs and play some now.
Crimsonum
hmm...best unit in TD? huh.gif

must be...stealth tank then, like Clazzy explained, it's so handfull tongue.gif .
ChielScape
like to use a combo of mammoths and MRLSs too.
NiGHtPISH
The Stealth Tank, SSM, Flamers and of course some cannon fodder ... I love to take out GDI bases with style...
Blacksilence
Mlrs rules the world
Gothic Gregg
LOL, You can't beat light vehciles. Especially The Humvee, the Ranger (RA1) and Attack Bike. I could anhhialte any vehicle with enough Humvees xD And artillary. NEVER forget your artillary. RIP commando :'(
Xenus
I reckon the Recon Bike is the best, so fast smile.gif
gufu
GDI:Grenadiers!

NOD:Flamethrower

EXTRA:Fire Ants
ChielScape
fire ants.. thats RA, no?
Mr. Pokey
The Stealth tank. They were actually quite potent. Great units. Useful for distracting your enemy and Harvester raids.
KajiTetsushi
QUOTE ("Mr. Pokey")
The Stealth tank. They were actually quite potent. Great units. Useful for distracting your enemy and Harvester raids.

True. They outdo the TS model anytime.

GDI:
- Mammoth Tank
- MLRS

Nod
- Stealth Tank
- Recon Bike

My favoritism ties within these four.
Uufje
The Flame Tank!
ChielScape
nah, the TD flame tank wasnt that good IMHO, especially design/graphic-wise. the TS one rocks, but looked bad ingame, and wasnt as strong as it's supposed to be, especially against armored targets.
it was pretty usefull however. (unlike the TS one) it could destroy base defences in mere seconds, and could take on tanks (provided they got close enough).
Mr. Pokey
The TD flame tank was evil. Great vs everything but tanks.
I liked the design myself.
ChielScape
the renegade one was better...
Nyerguds
TD Flame tank FTW smile.gif
chiels, shut up. It is an evil bug of dooooom and I love it that way.

I hate the Renegade Flame tank design -_-
Gothic Gregg
The Renegade FT was a cool design..., I loved making the engine noises xD ...No seriously
ChielScape
evil bug of... doom....... <_<
renegade models look nice as voxel.
vOi!king ship
I may sound corny, but there is no aspect in TD which isn't a favourite of mine smile.gif Even thought I first played the game 4 months ago, I can't live without playing it once a week at least.

But Commando, Mammoth and Orca were awesome. So were the Reckon byke, light tank and MLRS tongue.gif
NiGHtPISH
QUOTE (Gosho @ Oct 24 2006, 12:12 PM) *
But Commando, Mammoth and Orca were awesome. So were the Reckon byke, light tank and MLRS tongue.gif

The overwhelming GDI units are indeed better than Nod ones... It just style of tactis... I love great armoured attack
vOi!king ship
Yeah, well Nod and GDI were perfectly balanced - the GDI has heavy tech. Nod get uber fast and cool units tongue.gif Plus the spirited hand of Kane tongue.gif
Team Black
With all the varity Nod has, GDI only needs one to counter it:

Mammoth tanks.

Bwahahahahahahaha!

btw I like how they made recon bikes crushable in Dawn.
I was hoping that would be in ROTD, but I guess it was forgotten.
ChielScape
QUOTE (Team Black @ Oct 25 2006, 06:08 PM) *

they did??!!
Uufje
Yes they did.
Team Black
QUOTE (ChielScape @ Oct 25 2006, 02:00 PM) *
they did??!!

Yeah, at least in the Playstation 1 version, which was the only version I owned.
they'd attack my harvester and it would run them over like infantry
The Raven
QUOTE (Team Black @ Oct 25 2006, 11:08 AM) *

hmm, I didnt remember that...I guess ill have to go whip out dawn again.
Ixith
QUOTE (Team Black @ Oct 25 2006, 03:45 PM) *
Yeah, at least in the Playstation 1 version, which was the only version I owned.
they'd attack my harvester and it would run them over like infantry

yep same with the original PC version to. although it was only the Harvestor and the MCV that could run them over. smile.gif
Team Black
If you hold ALT, you can order any crushing vehichle to run over something, except in TS it just moves to the same cell, whereas in Dawn I think they actually chase them down.
ChielScape
gotta try that...
KajiTetsushi
QUOTE ("Ixith")
although it was only the Harvestor and the MCV that could run them over.

I thought Mammoth Tanks were heavy enough for that too. It's been quite a long time since I played this game.
Nintyuk
QUOTE (ChrisIchikawa @ Oct 27 2006, 02:05 PM) *
I thought Mammoth Tanks were heavy enough for that too. It's been quite a long time since I played this game.

No they cant run them over nethere can they run over concreat walls like it saids in the manule.
Team Black
The harvester and MCV were the only units who could DIRECTLY run stuff over, since they have no waepons, their "attack" cursor is a "move here" cursor...click it on something crushable and they will move to run it over (I forgot if it just moves to the same cell and stops, like in TS, or if it chases the unit down until success, destruction, or commanded otherwise.
Other crushing units with weapons (such as the mammoth tanks) can also use this feature if you hold down the ALT key
Nyerguds
Nah... the prob was just that actually running the over never happened, unless it was by accident.

One of the situations that could make it happen was if one unit made a chess-horse move (one cell to one direction, 2 to the other), which is one single movement in C&C, and an enemy unit happened to move on the destination cell before the other unit got there.

For the rest... the AI pulled it off a lot, for players it was almost impossible

I've seen the internal settings, and any 'crusher' vehicle can crush any crushable vehicle. Theoretically you can even make a vehicle be both a crusher AND crushable.
Team Black
QUOTE (Nyerguds @ Nov 15 2006, 05:34 PM) *
I've seen the internal settings, and any 'crusher' vehicle can crush any crushable vehicle. Theoretically you can even make a vehicle be both a crusher AND crushable.

I'm curious to see what would result if the two were to play chicken?

Nah... the prob was just that actually running the over never happened, unless it was by accident

Though I'm really sure all you had to do is hold ALT to command a crusher to run over something...
But I know better than to question Nyerguds, the Tiberian Dawn master
Lin Kuei Ominae
Mammoth Tanks definitely could crush bikes. But i found out that they do it more often if the bike stands crosswise to the driving direction of the mammoth. It was much easier to crush bikes from the side than from front. Just move the tank to the opposing cell.

My favorite for sure was/is the Mammoth Tank.
As Base defense absolut awesome. Much Firepower,much Armor, Ground and Air defense and no repair costs.
And with a trick i placed 10 or more (once even 50) Mammoth's on one cell in the entrance of my Base. No AI where possible to beat this. sometimes i mixed them with some MLRS too for more firing range against artillery, but they get destroyed after a while because they haven't selfheal.
Tore
hm

MCY aka MCV

harvester
technician
em
LOL
SPAM

ok i am finished

my favorite TD units is

APC
engineers
commandos
mammoth tanks
rocket infantry aka bazooka infantry
minigunners
Blacksilence
Mammoth Tanks are strong.
Lets keep it that way and the can crush bikes?
That i dont like.
ShDwBoRn
flame tanks, great for roasting GDI
Uufje
QUOTE (Black hawk @ Dec 4 2006, 10:30 PM) *
Mammoth Tanks are strong.
Lets keep it that way and the can crush bikes?
That i dont like.

Wtf? o.O
Mr. Pokey
I think he's saying that he wants to keep it so that the Mammoth tanks are strong. Then he asks whether they can crush bikes (which should have been worded better, or put into a new sentence really). Then, if so, he doesn't like the fact that they can crush bikes.
adarius
Heheh, I just can't decide. I loved all of the TD and TS units, I never cared much for the RA1 and RA2 games though....didn't care for the graphics/storyline.. I didn't like campaigning on generals either....to realistic for my taste in RTS.
Vintriaz
Ah good old C&C my favorite still. Those patches & dll. files will help thanks guys I miss C&C gold WAY TOO MUCH. As far as i'm concerned, It's the best game of the series still. Good balance, sweet variety, nice music, etc. second place goes to RA1. TS is my favorite for modding. It gust was too differant, too lacking overall in comparison to the originall IMO.
Well, as for favorite unit...

GDI: A-10! (I would love to own one of these someday.) second place: tie between Orca VTOL & mammoth tank

Nod: Tie between chem warrior, commando, stealth tank, & artillary (cheeper than mrls for slightly less efectivness)

Missions: any of you remember the mission where Kane tells you to destroy the Prototype mammoth tank facilaty. & all you get is a commando, arty, couple of engineers & some minigunners? I could never beat that one for some reason. have any of you?
vOi!king ship
Well, I'm stuck at the Nod mission where you have some tanks, infantry and cycles and you must get some crates from a base then go to a pick-up point. I just can't get to that point. Any tips?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.