Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Singleplayer Map Making Contest (SMMC) - Deadline Extended
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > Tiberian Sun News
Creagor
The deadline for the Singleplayer Map Making Contest (SMMC) has been extended to the 20th of Febuary.
To quote from TitanMarkII, the event organizer:

"20th of february. Do you want to know why?

1. I'm busy with my own things, (school etc.) I don't have time to sot out the SMMC right now wink1.gif
2. The only people actually worth entering don't have enough time, that'd be a waste, honestly.
3. This is just a small contest, no $500 prizes or something.
4. All maps will be posted up for public anyhow, what would be the point in getting unfinished maps?

Let me make myself clear:

The first deadline was short, but for this one you got plenty of time. I will not extend it another time, if I do, people will stop taking me seriously and even though it's all fun, there's still a small formal element, ya know."

So, you have some more time to make those final ajustments map makers!. Good luck!
Crash
Yay, I might join then. If I get time, And I need a new concept..
Aro
Just what i needed.
Thanks much TitanMarkII... (Floyd... tongue.gif)
Crash
Thx.... Francis biggrin.gif
Jpmaarten
Thank god, I never actually begon on my map... since I play less TS now ( with nintendo and all )
Disturbed
I'm sorry if this is a bump or what ever it is that you call reviving an old topic, but i need to know something, is it too late to enter this competition? As i have a few single player maps i would like to try my luck with.
Creagor
Its not too late, anytime before the 20th will be allright. However some people have been working on the maps for a long time now, so unless you have allready made one, or work quickly/have a lot of free time then you will probably be out-done. Though you may as well submit what you have, see if it gets anything.
Disturbed
Ok, Thank you Creagor. Yes i have got quite alot of single player maps on my computer, i was thinking i could go over one of the bigger and better ones and make some improvments, Y'know adding things such as lighting triggers, sound triggers, particle animations etc.
So i do not see why i should not enter.
The 20th of Feburary right? Ok then, thank you and wish me luck, also i wish luck to all of my opponents in this contest. I have read the rules in the other thread so there is no need for an explanation about that; The prizes are very disapointing though in my opinion.
Crash
Good luck, hopefully I will join
Team Black
eh, bad news--my firestorm disc is nowhere to be found! (convenient, huh? dry.gif )
with it my ability to test my map. I will NOT withdraw from the competition, not after the work I've done to make it competition-quality. I will be submitting something though, whether tested or not. Hopefully the former than the latter, I'll do what i can to recover the find the disc..
Mr. Pokey
The guy organising the competition (TitanMarkII) can't really afford to give away big prizes, given that he is a student. So you can't really complain about he prizes, imo. He is an incredibly skilled mapper so having a map by him just for you is actually very good, and generous.
Creagor
Although TitanMarkII does mention a possible "Special surprise" for first place. Hmm....

Also, you do get the satisfaction of knowing that you are the best (active) SP mapper in the community at the moment.
Mr. Pokey
Very true.
But I was just trying to point out that people have no right to complain about the prizes.
gufu
TO's Demo?
Team Black
eh, Id rather have the prize map & wait patiently to play TO when it comes out tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.