Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite TD mission?
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Dawn > TD Discussion
Ixith
well i thought why not. we have a topic for TS discussing people's favorite TS MP and SP maps so now its time for one for TD. tongue.gif

so what were your guys favorite TD mission maps? (Covert Operation mission can be included)

personally mine would have to be either the last Nod missions or the one in Covert Ops were you are Nod and your base is Surrounded by lots of GDI tanks and your base is getting hit by air strikes and your low on power and credits already. (sorry i forget the mission names) that one was great.

lol it only took me like a week to beat the covert mission which were suppose to be extremely hard and most of them i beat within the first 3 days of having it.
vOi!king ship
The GDI mission with the Commando (yes, the very famous one). Still haven't beaten it. :X
Mr. Pokey
I think the mission called "Blackout", the GDI Covert Ops mission where you start with two commandos. That mission is great fun.
Tore
GDI special operations mission 1 (sometimes the gun boat misses the flame tank and my commando gets cooked lol)
Ixith
QUOTE (Mr. Pokey @ Jan 7 2007, 07:48 AM) *
I think the mission called "Blackout", the GDI Covert Ops mission where you start with two commandos. That mission is great fun.

yep that was its name. that one was great to. start out with 2 commandos and have to destroy a small power supply Nod has so you can get a MCV. that was great.....but they could have made you used the commandos a little bit more.

@Gosho...which one is that again? i havent played TD in forever. Isnt it the one where you have to destroy the Nod Airstrip or something and all your given is a Commando and a transport Helicopter? if thats the one then trust me.....there are mission harder than that one tongue.gif well at least for covert ops
Mr. Pokey
The great thing about that commando mission is that the chinook can survive a couple of SAM missiles before dying, so it's quite easy to get him inside the base (as long as you were careful beforehand).
I also really like the TD mission where you're Nod and you start out with like 10 men and have to move East at the beginning (you start at the bottom of the map) and take out a tank and some men, find a run down Nod base, but you have no money. Then a GDI base is uncovered to the West of the map and you have to infiltrate your men into it using a chinook. Actually getting the base is harsh, but great fun.
Crash
I really don't know, I think the last mission for NOD was very enjoyable. I captured silos so he did the harvesting for me. Reapeted and Captured many of his outpost smile.gif It took time till I found about it. The AI is stupid sometimes...
Ixith
ahh yes i remember that TD mission that MR.Pokey is talking about......except i believe thats one of the 2 possible choices to take for that mission although both are the same mission just slightly different maps. the one i remember is where you start at the north and you go east to find a small Nod base but there are a few mini gunners and grenadiers along with a medium tank guarding that area.

i loved how WW would make you actually think on how to do some of the TD missions. more so than in any other CnC IMO except maybe RA1. I remember playing that mission and using the way you can sell infantry (by building a wall then sending your infantry right next to it and using the sell cursor and get as close to the infantry as possible and if your lucky you will sell some of them and get money) and i would be able to keep my Nod conyard and be able to capture the GDI one tongue.gif fun times.

ah yes that strategy you used Crashking is one of the ones i always used. its an easy way to boost your economy really quickly while taking theirs away and also allows you to build something right there to.

and yes the AI in TD was unfortunately pretty stupid.....they wouldnt even destroy your walls if you enclosed the AI inside of their base :confused:
Lin Kuei Ominae
QUOTE (Zalstis @ Jan 8 2007, 10:10 PM) *
...they wouldnt even destroy your walls if you enclosed the AI inside of their base :confused:

that was because walls had no owner if they were placed. changed in ra and upcoming titles. :confused:
For beginners that trick was really helpful. I often used it too. tongue.gif Sometimes i used them to create a small and long path into my base where my units stand at the side of the path outside the range of the enemy. (Nod Laser were best for this, they didn't destroyed the walls if they missed)

back2topic
my favorite mission was the one mr.pokey told too. but the north version where you have to go east.
and the gdi mission where you have quite no funds, no ConYard and WarFactory but a small damaged base in the southeast, some damaged units, and a hard attacking Nod enemy in the north.
I also liked the maps i created for TD. (yes i was a map maker :biggrin: ) Most of these maps had a very hard enemy attacking every 10 min or so with all units he still has standing around in his base (and those were a lot). And in between some defined teams attacked all over the time.
if you are interested:Click to view attachmentthey are all appearing in the "new missions menu" (so mission disc is needed)
sorry the briefings and names are all in german
gufu
I'm stuck at NOD mission where you have few units:flamers,lights,rockets, and minigunners - and you had to kill guards of bridge and then take over ore destroy GDI base... dtill looking for way to finisdh it...
Machine
I really liked this mission.

In covert ops:
Blindsided: the one you only have 1 starting commando, and have to capture a Nod base to destroy the main Nod base lol.gif (I think it was Blindsided, correct me if I'm wrong)
Disturbed
My favourite level? It is quite hard to say as i do love most of the levels. I Do not know all of the names of by heart either.
But one of my favourites would have to be the level where you are Nod, in the centre of the map and you have to defend your base from GDI attacks.
I Always found it easy to do that level with an Obelisk Of Light on each entry way.

Edit: Happy now Mr. Pokey?
Mr. Pokey
No need to put Obelisk of Light in speech marks tongue.gif

EDIT: I am tongue.gif
Crimsonum
Hey, does anybody know how to get the Special Missions Tore mentioned back into The First Decade TD? I've played all the 5 missions in my PlayStation version of TD, and I liked them a lot. However, they are not included in the PC TD. That's a shame....

Anyways, my favorite mission must be the mission in Covert Ops, where you must rescue the three professors (identical triplets, which appear to look exactly like Dr. Mobius wink.gif ) before Nod can launch their Nuclear missile. It's difficult, but at the same time very fun. Full use of tactics is recommended.
Tore
hey WorManiac look what i got for you

Click to view attachment
Crimsonum
Woah, thanx man. I'm gonna test them soon, but not today. Too tired...

oh, and the mission name was Ground Zero wink1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.