IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )


 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Viper (Nod light tank), another addition to Nod's arsenal
Myth
post Sep 4 2007, 08:22 AM
Post #1


Technician
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 5
Joined: 28-October 06
Member No.: 181



I've decided to make a small tank for Nod wink1.gif
I haven't made any rules.ini and art.ini entries (and I won't make), but if someone is going to use it i recommend it being as strong as the attack buggy, but effective against buildings, vehicles. (and it shouldn't pwn a tick tank in a 1 on 1).

I've made a nice cameo for it, and also converted it to shp. (Note: the true cameo slightly differs from this preview)
Attached Image

Here is the in-game preview:
Attached Image

And the download:
Attached File  viper.zip ( 5.31K ) Number of downloads: 329


--------------------
Remember: Stealth is the key!
Go to the top of the page
 
: | +Quote Post
Wiziwig
post Sep 4 2007, 09:50 AM
Post #2


Rocket Infantry
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 52
Joined: 21-October 06
From: New Zealand
Member No.: 46
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun



Doesn't look too bad from that screenshot. I might try make a basic rules.ini entry for it if I can get on my comp sometime soon.
GJ, and did you make it in OSVXL Editor, or did you use a 3D proggie?


--------------------
I am the one they call Wiziwig. Bow before my mad cliffie spotting skills.
Go to the top of the page
 
: | +Quote Post
Myth
post Sep 4 2007, 11:06 AM
Post #3


Technician
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 5
Joined: 28-October 06
Member No.: 181



I have made it whit the Voxel Section Editor III 1.37
I have hand edited some normals
I have made the cameo in a graphics program
I have made the cameo based on a image I made from VoxelViewer
I have nothing else to say


--------------------
Remember: Stealth is the key!
Go to the top of the page
 
: | +Quote Post
Tartan Bunny
post Sep 4 2007, 11:55 PM
Post #4


Attack Buggy
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 208
Joined: 5-February 07
From: from tartan bunny land
Member No.: 783
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun



nice little tank there wink.gif


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
: | +Quote Post
Crimsonum
post Sep 5 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #5


Tick Tank
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 672
Joined: 21-October 06
From: Finland
Member No.: 32
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun



Well it needs some work.

First of all, it's too small. It needs to be bigger, and have some detail. Even though it is a light tank, a tank can't be smaller than a buggy. Second, the wheels inside tracks aren't just a white line. You should separate them. Third, it has a very bright remap, use darker colors. Fourth, the turret is abnormally small compared to the body. Also, the barrel looks tiny, unless it's a Anti-Personnel Autocannon.
Go to the top of the page
 
: | +Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th September 2026 - 04:34 PM


XGhozt.com