IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quick Question About FS101, Sounds dumb to almost everbody but...
Devastator
post Jun 11 2010, 09:31 PM
Post #1

Commando
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,799
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

I never knew how to drag the blue line at the bottom.

Do you click on it, click and move, what? (P.S I tried both things <-- and more)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
Ixith
post Jun 11 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #2

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 27
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

the way you move the line is follow these instructions:

1-Go to Edit
2-In the Edit Menu go to Map
3-The 'Map' box that pops up should have a 'Visible Area' section
4-Using the last number there of the 4 edit it to be smaller. This will cause the blue line to move up.

You will typically only need to move it up due to increased elevations causing the blur effect on maps after you put lots of hills or cliffs that make the first cells of the map above the visible line. But you can move all sides of the blue line with those numbers however keep in mind that if you change the first 1st and 2nd numbers it will move the ENTIRE blue box thus leaving more cells being outside of the visible ingame area on the other side. Reason being is that the numbers are how many cells away from the edge of the map it is but it uses the Left and the Top edges of the map to base that on instead of each number corresponding to a different edge.

Another feature that will change the blue line in the midst of a game is the action number 40 'Resize Player view' this is kinda cool and very helpful for single player missions maps. However if you use this feature be careful as the parameters for some of the sides are labeled a bit differently as the Edit->Map ones and are in a different order so it's easy to mess up. An example of this if you need it can be found on many WW mission maps or my Yelcraz Island map also uses it, though with a flaw in that it pushes the civilian infantry to the edge of the visible area for some reason that i never figured out =/.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:03 PM

XGhozt.com