post Aug 27 2009, 07:40 AM
Post #1

Hover MLRS
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 297
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

So.. with this new world covered in tiberium, and the GDI HQ being in the midst of a red zone, where the sh*t is the tiberium ingame? Really! Apparently we'll be getting nodes to harvest from, like tiberium spikes. I didn't understand the logic behind the concept in the first place, why is there no tiberium when the worl is supposed to be over run by it?

I don't mind the crawler system to be perfectly honest, but I's rather the crawler had a number of small drones that harvested and could speed up production or something.

Discuss.

Also, what's with the 10 units per player nonsense? That's the most redicules unit cap ever everer everest.

This post has been edited by Nod Strike: Aug 27 2009, 07:50 AM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
jadems
post Aug 27 2009, 07:58 AM
Post #2

Tick Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 929

Heh, maybe the whole planet is made up of Tiberium now.
I'd prefer the RA system to the crawler system, where we can branch into certain aspects, or be an allrounder rather than choosing one of three types.

Age of Empires was killed by the unit cap. But if we go by Starcraft, it's not like we could hit 200, but 80 is s bit smaller.

wait, did I just say stuff useless stuff?

--------------------

2kool4u526
post Aug 27 2009, 03:38 PM
Post #3

Attack Buggy
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,553
Alliance: CABAL

Actually EA's Teaser Trailer is not when the game takes place, the game takes place 15 years after kane "proposes" to GDI.
So 15 years after that Kane has a "Kane Tiberium Control Network" (which I think is a bunch of Tiberium Control Nodes) everybody is happy, but ppl start to wonder about kanes real ideas... and the war begins...again.

--------------------
Transferring Files...
Initiating, Please stand by...

Welcome
       to the
BOT DESTROYERv 5.26
(GAMEZER EDITION)

Rampastring
post Aug 27 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #4

Tick Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 957

QUOTE (Nod Strike @ Aug 27 2009, 10:40 AM) *
Also, what's with the 10 units per player nonsense? That's the most redicules unit cap ever everer everest.

So the population cap is that small? I hoped it was something like 20-30 units (like in Universe at War, alhough even in UaW the number of units is annoyingly limited). Now we can't have any epic-scale battles anymore roll.gif

This post has been edited by ^Rampastein: Aug 27 2009, 04:50 PM

--------------------

Nighthawk
post Aug 27 2009, 11:57 PM
Post #5

Disc Thrower
Group Icon

Member No.: 42
Alliance: GDI

I imagined something more along the lines of BfME's command point limit, which was a hundred and something, since C&C4's engine is based off BfME's.

--------------------

Nod Strike
post Aug 28 2009, 04:59 AM
Post #6

Hover MLRS
Group Icon

Member No.: 297

With every unit capped game there certains needs to be an option to turn it off.

However, I'm willing to try it out, EA says that units will 'mean' more, and will die less easily. I guess it was annoying in C&C3 how easily units died, if not, enough people will rant on the forums to get EA to releace a patch, probably.

Also, what would be good is if the rouge Nod faction were to go to Ciaro, to the 2nd Tiberian War Temple, find blueprints/remenents of the World Altering Missile, and launch it, or something.

But it's half destroyed, and they don't have the capabilities to load it with more tiberium because of the control nodes.

As the missile was half destroyed, it breaks up while going up, and fragments land over the globe, therefore, tiberium regrows across some regions, where a lot of the fighting takes place. Other fighting could take place in clean zones, but the player would use nodes.

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:19 PM

XGhozt.com