IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> C&C95 version 1.06, patch in progress...
Nyerguds
post Sep 8 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #1

Cyborg
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 97
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Dawn

As some of you may know, I am working on a C&C95 update that will offer a huge amount of upgrades and fixes R0XX0RZ Y00R B0XX0RZ! dance.gif

The patch is currently in its final stages. Some features I'm still looking into are removing the code that disables the music in multiplayer games, and making dinosaurs visible without funpark mode.

[edit] dinosaurs are now visible smile.gif [/edit]

[edit] Music in MP is now enabled smile.gif [/edit]

As of this moment, these are the changes I have:

External addons:
  • Scorpio9a's LAN patch (thipx32.dll)
  • Funpark launcher program (funpark.bat) for playing the dinosaur missions

Code upgrades:
  • VK's 1.05 patch (fixes top-of-map reconnaissance crash, adds native XP compatibility)
  • Komfr's stealth crash fix (fixes a crash when the stealth animation is played on the right half of the bottom edge of the screen)
  • Fixed the "/?" help parameter
  • Fixed the empty error box when the game fails to set the video mode (which can happens when setting the game resolution to 640x400)
  • High resolution available, with centered menus and a large version of the title screen for a more finished look (no centered vids yet, sorry)
  • LAN play expanded to six players
  • Default multiplayer tech level set to maximum (7)
  • Skirmish mode enabled (note that AI players don't have bases, only units)
  • Capture The Flag games with AI players are now possible. The "Bases" button now has 4 states: Bases On, Capture The Flag, Bases Off and Mobile HQ (note that AI players get a Mobile HQ in normal Capture The Flag mode too)
  • Enabled music in multiplayer (was originally disabled because it was streamed from slow CD-ROM drives)
  • Campaign missions will now show briefing text at the start of the mission if no briefing video can be shown (like in RA1)
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the music from starting when a mission from the New Missions menu had a Briefing video set (normally it only has an Action video)
  • Dinosaur graphics are always visible, even outside of Funpark mode
  • The end of the funpark dinosaur campaign no longer exits the game, but goes to the main menu instead.
  • Chan's name is shown (it now shows "Scientist" instead of "Civilian")
  • The Hospital's name is now always visible to the player, even if it is owned by the enemy
  • The Hospital can no longer be sold. It wasn't sellable in the original C&C; this was a bug in C&C95
  • A primary building can be selected for helipads, so people can prevent newly built helicopters from flying to their base from the edge of the map.
  • Civilian buildings no longer decay for no reason
  • Fixed the Rocket Launcher graphics bleed
  • Fixed a Chem Warrior behaviour bug; for some reason it had the civilian panic behaviour
  • When multiplayer teams are used in single player missions, they no loger show up as grey on the radar
  • The missions in the New Missions menu can now be played with any C&C CD
  • Added "update*.mix" reading system for updates (same as "sc*.mix" addons)
  • Added "updatr*.mix" reading system which disables the read files in the game instead of adding them (same as "ss*.mix" addons).
  • Made the hidden beta options editable in conquer.ini, in a new section called [Advanced].
  • Added an option in conquer.ini to disable score screens
  • Added an option in conquer.ini to enable Funpark mode
  • Added an option in conquer.ini that allows disabling the music in multiplayer (like it was originally)
  • (unnoticeable) Added black tiles for fixing map borders of small missions in high resolution
  • (unnoticeable) Changed internal strings management to read certain hardcoded strings from the external strings file

Graphics updates:
  • Shadow of the Construction Yard fixed, so it remains like it is at the end of the MCV deploy animation
  • The Rocket Launcher now has its launcher aimed 45 degrees up, as it should
  • Nod logo restored on the Hand of Nod
  • Several buildings which showed side-sensitive colour instead of real yellow are now fixed:
    * Civilian Oil Derrick (V19)
    * Advanced Communications Center
    * Tiberium Silo
    * Barracks
  • Fixed green line refresh error on top sidebar icons
  • Ion cannon icon rotated so the satellite fires from the correct side.
  • Fixed Civilian Oil Pump building (ARCO) to fix the bug where the damaged state doesn't show up.

String updates:
  • Changed "Med. Tank" to "Medium Tank"
  • Changed "Attack Helicopter" to "Apache"
  • Changed "Transport helicopter" to "Chinook Transport"
  • Changed "Stegasaurus" to "Stegosaurus"
  • Changed MCV from "Mobile Construction Yard" to "Mobile Construction Vehicle"
  • Changed "Obelisk Guard Tower" to "Obelisk of Light"
  • Changed "Dr. Chan" to "Scientist", because the unit can spawn from a destroyed tech center. Chan's original name was never visible anyway
  • Added some of Frank Klepacki's original track names to the music list
  • Added world map animation strings to the strings file (for language compatibility)

Mission updates:
  • Added the Covert Operations missions
  • Added the updated dinosaur missions included in the Covert Operations pack
  • Edited the maps of all missions where you could see beyond the map border in 1024x768 so they show black outside the border instead of unreachable terrain.
  • Fixed some missions where the AI's production wasn't started, so it didn't build anything.
  • Fixed some mission files that didn't play their videos due to mistyped video names.
  • scg05ea: re-enabled the Ukraine mission, which was replaced by a duplicate of one of the choices from Germany.
  • scg08eb (Moebius hospital mission): removed the blossom tree in the village so the "lose when ## civilians are killed" trigger is less random.
  • scb08ea (capture abandoned GDI base): Moved the build location of the refinery to a place where the AI can actually build it.
  • scb10ea (destroy mammoth prototypes): fixed map error near start location.
  • scb13ea (Nod end mission): fixed a mission programming setup that could crash the game.

Sound updates:
  • "Right Away!" infantry response fixed; was not played due to a mistyped string
  • Grenade throw sound restored
  • Added the remixes (Advanced options, "Scores") of the tracks No Mercy and Deception (aka "We Will Stop Them") from the console versions of C&C.
  • Added the beta sounds (which can be enabled in the [Advanced] options)
  • Enabled all hidden music (note that some tracks are only available because of the [Advanced] option "Scores", and will disappear if you disable that)

The patch is currently about 9 mb. The german version will be slightly larger since it will contain de-censoring of graphics, sounds and mission briefings.

I'll keep this list updated when I add new things.

This post has been edited by Nyerguds: Sep 16 2008, 03:57 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
Nyerguds
post Sep 8 2008, 11:01 PM
Post #2

Cyborg
Group Icon

Notes on high resolution:

1. Small mission maps:
The first campaign missions for each side will be smaller than the screen resolution, which gives some odd graphical bugs. Most of these are fixed by just touching the edge of the screen with your cursor (to scroll) and then opening and closing the main menu.

2. Savegames:
There is an odd bug in the game which makes the sidebar unusable after loading a game that was saved when playing with a different screen width. Because of this, I have decided to completely separate the savegames for the 1024x768 resolution. This means you can't use older savegames in this mode. In fact, The game will not even show them in your list. The new hi-resolution savegames will use the filenames "SAVEG_HI.???" instead of "SAVEGAME.???".

3. minimap crash on small missions:
Another more serious bug is the fact that C&C95 will crash when trying to display a minimap in a mission that is smaller than the screen resolution. However, since none of the smaller C&C missions allow you to have a communications center, this should not be a problem.
Because of this bug, I will not release any patches to play C&C95 in a higher resolution than 1024x768, since it will make the problem occur on campaign missions where you CAN get a minimap.

I will not add any additional resolutions (like, 800x600, or widescreen resolutions) to the game until I manage to fix both the savegame bug and the minimap crashes. I will also never add any ridiculously high resolutions like 1600x1200, since this will cause problems on pretty much every C&C map.

Notes on the Funpark missions:

1. funpark.bat:
This patch will add a file called Funpark.bat, which will launch C&C95 in dinosaur missions mode. To start the new dinosaur campaign, click Start New Game on the main menu and choose any side.

2. Savegames:
A problem occurs when loading Funpark savegames straight from the main menu: when finishing or restarting the mission you will get thrown out of the dino campaign and end up in the corresponding GDI mission. To get around this, first start a new dinosaur campaign from the main menu and then load the savegame once you're ingame.

Notes on the Advanced options:

When you open conquer.ini and scroll down to the [Advanced] section, you'll see the same options that could already be enabled with my old CCOptions.exe program. These options have always been meant to be in conquer.ini, but needed a special string value to be activated. Since these strings were encoded inside the exe file, only one was found so far: the "Scores" option needed to have the value "remix" to activate.

Rather than searching for all the other encoded strings, I recoded this section into simple booleans. Just put an option to "1" to activate it, and "0" to disable it. The only exception to this is "Players", which actually allows you to set the number of LAN players (2 to 6).

Be careful when changing these options; the ones that actually affect gameplay will most probably cause multiplayer incompatibility. The only options of which I am sure they don't affect multiplayer compatibility are "TrueNames", "TreeTarget", "Scores" and "Sounds", since they only affect the game's input and output, and not the actual game behaviour. I'm not sure if the Players option will cause incompatibility or just allow you to make LAN games with a customized limit to the amount of players.

Notes on Skirmish play:

Skirmish games can be played by starting a network game without additional human players, but with the "AI players" option enabled. Older versions didn't allow LAN games to start without human players, but v1.06 makes an exception if AI players are used instead.
To start a skirmish game, go to Multiplayer -> Nework and click "New" to start a new Network game. On the Network Game Setup screen, select the map and game options you want, enable the "AI players" option and start the game by clicking "OK".

When playing in this mode, you must keep these things in mind:
  • The AI players have no base, just units. These will attack you one by one, giving you a constant stream of attackers to fend off. You win the game when all enemy units are destroyed.
  • You must set starting units to at least 1, otherwise the game will finish right away, since the AI players have no MCV.
  • The AI players do not attack eachother. They will team up against you.
  • All available player slots will be filled up with AI players. The default number of LAN players in C&C v1.06 is six, meaning you will have five AI players attacking you simultaneously. You can reduce the number of enemies by editing the "Players=" option in the [Advanced] section of conquer.ini
  • Since this is really just LAN without players, skirmish games can not be paused or saved. So keep in mind that opening the main menu will NOT pause the game.

This post has been edited by Nyerguds: Sep 9 2008, 12:14 AM

--------------------

Team Black
post Sep 9 2008, 01:45 PM
Post #3

Core Defender
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 123
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

well, you've been busy.. One heck of a patch there biggrin.gif

--------------------

0warfighter0
post Sep 9 2008, 05:09 PM
Post #4

Flamethrower Infantry
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,204
Alliance: CABAL

These are good fixes, good job Nyerguds thumbup.gif

--------------------

Life Is Short

Nyerguds
post Sep 9 2008, 07:01 PM
Post #5

Cyborg
Group Icon

Thanks smile.gif

btw, skirmish:

and yes, if I hadn't trapped that guy, there was no way I'd ever have completed my tech tree -_-

This post has been edited by Nyerguds: Sep 9 2008, 07:03 PM

--------------------

Nyerguds
post Sep 10 2008, 03:46 PM
Post #6

Cyborg
Group Icon

wewt, I made the dinosaurs visible. Now if only I could find those music settings...

[edit]

Reaperrr told me about some more mission errors where the AI didn't produce anything. Fixed & added to the list smile.gif

This post has been edited by Nyerguds: Sep 10 2008, 07:49 PM

--------------------

deadthank
post Sep 10 2008, 07:59 PM
Post #7

Minigunner
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,227

when and where can we download? i cant wait!

--------------------
my sig, not yours! my C&C mods for you!

SeekSomethingNew
post Sep 10 2008, 11:21 PM
Post #8

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 208

WTF, all you did was insert 80 bytes at the end of the dam executable, you n00b Nyer...

--------------------

Nyerguds
post Sep 11 2008, 05:51 AM
Post #9

Cyborg
Group Icon

loll, shut up Hyper. I don't add any bytes to the exe, I only replace them. You added them for me tongue.gif

oh btw, the Internal Errors link in your sig appears to, ehm, give an error.

[edit]

Added to the list:

• Campaign missions will now show briefing text at the start of the mission if no briefing video can be shown (like in RA1)
  • Added an option in conquer.ini to disable score screens
  • Added an option in conquer.ini to enable Funpark mode

smile.gif

This post has been edited by Nyerguds: Sep 11 2008, 06:25 PM

--------------------

Nyerguds
post Sep 12 2008, 01:01 PM
Post #10

Cyborg
Group Icon

• Fixed a bug that prevented the music from starting when a mission from the New Missions menu had a Briefing video set (normally they only have an Action video, not a Briefing video)
  • The end of the funpark dinosaur campaign no longer exits the game, but goes to the main menu instead.

This post has been edited by Nyerguds: Sep 12 2008, 01:29 PM

--------------------

Nyerguds
post Sep 12 2008, 05:14 PM
Post #11

Cyborg
Group Icon

crap.. it seems the briefing text and music fix (it's in the same piece of code) cause some unexpected problems... I'll have to look into this and see if I can solve the problems and keep the fixes or just remove them.

[edit]

Aah, nevermind, I fixed it smile.gif

This post has been edited by Nyerguds: Sep 12 2008, 07:52 PM

--------------------

Nyerguds
post Sep 14 2008, 04:41 PM
Post #12

Cyborg
Group Icon

Hm... just noticed a quite silly contradiction in the patch... it works without needing compatibility mode, but the message boxes required for the /? help and video errors don't show up unless you use compat mode.

This post has been edited by Nyerguds: Sep 14 2008, 04:42 PM

--------------------

Nyerguds
post Sep 14 2008, 11:04 PM
Post #13

Cyborg
Group Icon

Booyah.

• Enabled music in multiplayer.

This was originally disabled because it was streamed from slow CD-ROM drives, which could desync the multiplayer game. but with current CD-ROM speeds (not to mention virtual drives and the TFD full-HD install) this isn't a valid issue anymore, imo.

This post has been edited by Nyerguds: Sep 14 2008, 11:29 PM

--------------------

Scorch
post Sep 15 2008, 02:04 AM
Post #14

Commando
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,092

Wow! Sadly, none of the older CnC games work on my comp...

Lin Kuei Ominae
post Sep 15 2008, 08:54 AM
Post #15

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 281

Damn nice job Nyerguds! thumbsup.gif

Do you also include balancing bugfixes, like raising the Nod artillery firingrange by one cell?

Can you raise the max map size too? It could be very hard, but bigger maps in TD would be really cool.

This post has been edited by Lin Kuei Ominae: Sep 15 2008, 08:58 AM

--------------------
Co-Leader of Twisted Insurrection
my public units for you
Nod units:____________________________GDI units:
Nod Scorpion__________________________GDI 3A Kodiak
Nod Tachyon Tank______________________GDI Medusa (Triple Cannon Mech)
Nod Goliath___________________________GDI Behemoth (medium size Mech)
Nod Cobra (fast medium mech)__________GDI Battleship Aurora
Nod Siegebot (light MG-Mech)__________GDI Fortress Tower (Heavy Base Defense)
Nod Redeemer (4 legged heavy Cyborg)__GDI Triton (Titan support Mech)
Nod/Scrin WotW Tripod_________________GDI Exciter
______________________________________GDI Ion Charge Collector
Misc and Fun units:
X-Mech Calendar 28 SHP Units
Star Wars Mechs ATAT/ATST
Cyborg Barrack on PPM_________________Mech Factory
Mutant Tiberium Flyer
yt1300 (Millenium Falcon + BIG version)

if you use my units in your mod, please credit me.if you want to use my units on your website please ask me before.

Nyerguds
post Sep 15 2008, 10:17 AM
Post #16

Cyborg
Group Icon

Another update:

• Default multiplayer tech level set to maximum (7)
  • Added an option in conquer.ini that allows disabling the music in multiplayer (like it was originally)

Oh, and did anyone know that Funpark mode affects LAN games? smile.gif

It spawns random dinosaurs all the time.. and they even attack the AIs smile.gif

(btw, if anyone wonders why I'm not playing this in hi-res.. it's because when I debug, the space taken by the original C&C game becomes an unusable block in the upper left corner of my screen. So I keep it as small as possible. Rest assured though; skirmish in hi-res works fine)

QUOTE (Lin Kuei Ominae @ Sep 15 2008, 10:54 AM) *
Damn nice job Nyerguds! thumbsup.gif

thanks smile.gif
I'm currently finishing up the readmes, making the installers and making the last fixes for the German and French versions. Seeing as I pretty much found and fixed everything I wanted to fix, I expect to release this patch before the next weekend.

Do you also include balancing bugfixes, like raising the Nod artillery firingrange by one cell?

No. This is not a balance patch. It is ONLY meant to fix problems and upgrade the usability, not to change the actual gameplay.

However, Reaperrr at PPM will be making an upgrade pack that has such things. It will be based on this patch.

Can you raise the max map size too? It could be very hard, but bigger maps in TD would be really cool.

I looked into that and it's a giant mess... a lot of things (like building foundations and mission objects) count on the map-wraparound at 64 cells to determine what's on the next Y-position. It would mean adapting all maps, missions, and foundations of building and clumps of trees.

I haven't looked into finding the values that have to be modified for the map size to change, but seeing as it's just the first bytes of an impossible amount of work, I don't see any reason to go and find them in the first place.

QUOTE (Scorch @ Sep 15 2008, 04:04 AM) *
Wow! Sadly, none of the older CnC games work on my comp...

How so? All old C&C games can be ran on moderm OSes if you know how... I suggest checking out the Common Problems thread on the EA forum:
http://forums.commandandconquer.com/jforum...s/list/345.page

This post has been edited by Nyerguds: Jan 15 2009, 11:05 AM

--------------------

SeekSomethingNew
post Sep 15 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #17

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

Uhhh, i dont think so, in TS the map size is basically a a couple of lines to check the cell count, and then continues if its under.

I would bet TD is based on this logic too.

--------------------

Scorch
post Sep 16 2008, 01:46 AM
Post #18

Commando
Group Icon

Okay, cool. I'll let you know if anything. (BTW, I mean it won't let me install the game.)

When do you plan on releasing this? (Or an unfinished version.)

Nyerguds
post Sep 16 2008, 09:34 AM
Post #19

Cyborg
Group Icon

I'm not releasing any unfinished versions.

I've just added a hack that allows people to play CTF / Mobile HQ games with AI enabled. (Mobile HQ is just CTF without bases)
Normally, CTF mode and AI players are mutually exclusive (only WW knows why) because it's one button: if you click the "AI Players" button once, it activates AI. If you click it again, it changes to "Capture The Flag" (but disables AI). Clicking a third times reverts to "AI Off" status.

I solved this by putting the CTF/MHQ mode in the Bases option instead. This option now has 4 states:

1. Bases On: normal Build & Conquer. AI players will not have a base
  2. Capture The Flag: Build & Conquer with flags put next to the construction yard. Get the enemy flag and bring it to your CY to destroy an enemy completely. AI players will have a Mobile HQ instead.
  3. Bases Off: Normal units-only game
  4. Mobile HQ: Units-only game where all players have a Mobile HQ. When this critical unit is destroyed, all units of that player explode.

For people joining a LAN game, Mobile HQ mode will simply show up as a Capture The Flag game with bases disabled.

QUOTE (Scorch @ Sep 16 2008, 03:46 AM) *
(BTW, I mean it won't let me install the game.)

On which OS? Unless it's 64 bit, just running the setup in Win95 compatibility mode should be sufficient.

This post has been edited by Nyerguds: Sep 17 2008, 06:24 AM

--------------------

Scorch
post Sep 16 2008, 12:52 PM
Post #20

Commando
Group Icon

Yeah, when I try to install the games like RA1 or TD, it sais I need windows95 to install it, but I have 98 so it should work. (I'm talking about my old computer in my room, which I use for modding and playing CnC games. I don't use my new comp.)

Nyerguds
post Sep 16 2008, 02:28 PM
Post #21

Cyborg
Group Icon

um.. this patch won't even work in Win95/win98 anymore... it's mean to push C&C1 into the new millennium.

This post has been edited by Nyerguds: Sep 16 2008, 02:29 PM

--------------------

SeekSomethingNew
post Sep 16 2008, 06:21 PM
Post #22

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

You could add another part to the compatibility logic.

If 2, use XP code. bla bla...

--------------------

Nyerguds
post Sep 16 2008, 10:27 PM
Post #23

Cyborg
Group Icon

...that would mean sorting out VK's undocumented mess. He did a total of 5 hacks. I don't know which are related to the map border crash fix and which are for the the XP compatibility. Also, if I recall correctly Scorpio9a's thipx32.dll patch itself already makes it incompatible with Win9x. I doubt I can change the exe's dll imports from an ini.

Not to mention the simple fact I can't test any of it at home.

This post has been edited by Nyerguds: Sep 16 2008, 10:51 PM

--------------------

Nyerguds
post Sep 18 2008, 03:14 PM
Post #24

Cyborg
Group Icon

update: I added the new CTF logic to Serial games setup too, and made the New Missions menu accept mission names up to 99 instead of 98.

--------------------

Lin Kuei Ominae
post Sep 18 2008, 10:09 PM
Post #25

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 281

you made yourself so much work, for only 1 additional mission? my respect. biggrin.gif
Can you enable scXYYeb,c and d for the new missions too? This would allow 100-300 more missions for each side.

This post has been edited by Lin Kuei Ominae: Sep 18 2008, 10:10 PM

--------------------
Co-Leader of Twisted Insurrection
my public units for you
Nod units:____________________________GDI units:
Nod Scorpion__________________________GDI 3A Kodiak
Nod Tachyon Tank______________________GDI Medusa (Triple Cannon Mech)
Nod Goliath___________________________GDI Behemoth (medium size Mech)
Nod Cobra (fast medium mech)__________GDI Battleship Aurora
Nod Siegebot (light MG-Mech)__________GDI Fortress Tower (Heavy Base Defense)
Nod Redeemer (4 legged heavy Cyborg)__GDI Triton (Titan support Mech)
Nod/Scrin WotW Tripod_________________GDI Exciter
______________________________________GDI Ion Charge Collector
Misc and Fun units:
X-Mech Calendar 28 SHP Units
Star Wars Mechs ATAT/ATST
Cyborg Barrack on PPM_________________Mech Factory
Mutant Tiberium Flyer
yt1300 (Millenium Falcon + BIG version)

if you use my units in your mod, please credit me.if you want to use my units on your website please ask me before.

Nyerguds
post Sep 19 2008, 12:00 AM
Post #26

Cyborg
Group Icon

Actually I just changed "greater than or equal to" to "greater than" (in "stop processing possible mission filenames when number is greater than or equal to 99"). Your "so much work" was simply changing 2 bytes (one for GDI, one for Nod) which I had found and identified ages ago.
I could upgrade the actual number to 127, but I think that's kinda messy. I can't go beyond that because the mission number in C&C is stored in a single byte, which is apparently seen as signed.
And yes, it always annoyed me that the last 2-character number wasn't available, so I fixed it tongue.gif

As for the b and c, not sure. It uses the standard mission name function. It looks really interesting... from the looks of it, if I can figure out exactly which parameters that function gets, I could probably make it allow 10 missions for every mission number. That's (eg. SCG70) EA EB EC ED EL WA WB WC WD WL smile.gif

if Hyper happens to read this... the address is 00452300

This post has been edited by Nyerguds: Sep 19 2008, 12:35 AM

--------------------

Nyerguds
post Jan 15 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #27

Cyborg
Group Icon

Bah... The downtime was the only reason I didn't use this forum for the Grand Official Release of my patch :(

As you prolly all know by now, the current version of my patch (v1.06a) is available here, and as some of you might know, I'm already working on the next big update, version 1.06b.
Information about that can be found on the official C&C boards:
http://forums.commandandconquer.com/jforum...s/list/501.page

Highlights so far:
-Fixed all problems related to the loading of Funpark campaign savegames
-Fixed the crash caused by finishing a mission where the player side is set to something else than GDI or Nod
-Fixed the bug that causes the game to hang when no music can be found when starting a mission (a common problem with NoCD setups)
-Added & enabled the previously-unused Nod map and score themes that were included in DOS C&C
-Added mission-specific special features like showing true civilian names, enabling MCV undeploy, and the infamous Playstation mission's Laser Orcas. These are all saved & loaded correctly from savegames, too.
-Added an option in the configuration file to disable the allying of AI opponents in multiplayer/skirmish
-Added functions to set the way the game determines the starting theme of a mission, either by just changing the default track to something else than Act On Instinct, or by making it randomize the track or adapt it to the campaign mission number
-Added No-CD controls in the configuration file
-files (savegames, and the high scores file "hallfame.dat") are no longer saved in uppercase filenames
-Added full language control in the configuration file. One small ini edit will fully(*) change the game to French or German.

(*) - All game strings, error messages, unit voices, EVA voices, interface elements, build icons, mission names and mission briefings are added in 3 languages. Videos obviously aren't, but can be added if you have them and use a NoCD setup; the game's NoCD system in conquer.ini includes an option to use a different folder as CD for each separate language. This allows users to fully separate the videos by putting any language-specific videos as bare VQA/VQP pair into a folder with the same name as the language code (eng/ger/fre). This will cause them to override the default ones in movies.mix (which, using the TFD structure, would typically be in the game folder) if that language is selected.

Currently working on:
-Making the side selection screen read the first campaign mission files to determine which video to play when selecting a side, instead of using hardcoded internal video names. I could just disable that system completely and let the mission start logic take care of playing the videos, but that messes up the smooth transition from the static screen to the video, so I don't want to do that. (the game actually initializes the videos before the side selection screen animation starts playing, to ensure a smooth transition)

-Finishing the cleanup of the mess WW caused by testing the player's side ID instead of the campaign ID in several parts of the game (like the savegames I mentioned in relation to Funpark. Savegames now save the campaign ID to prevent all problems).

Planned at the moment:
-looking into network traffic design to make the Number of Players and the disabling of allying AI players into real game options that can be changed in the game setup and will get transmitted to joined players for compatibility
-adding an extra dialog before the creation of a new LAN game to allow the user to set the number of players
-implementing the expansion of the New Missions list, as described above

This post has been edited by Nyerguds: Jan 21 2009, 07:19 AM

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:11 PM

XGhozt.com