IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS City in Conflict (2-8), Releasing my fifth map..
Rampastring
post Jun 17 2008, 10:29 AM
Post #1

Tick Tank
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 957
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

This is an 8-player MP map which I've been working on for 3 months (I started working on this before I released Frozen Canyon)

Size: 140x115
Players: 8
Theater: Temperate
Lighting: Dark teal, red during the ionstorm
Tiberium amount: Medium

This map plays in a yellow-zone city built in multiple islands. Most of the players start from a large island covering the smaller islands, but they need to attack other players from the smaller islands. All the islands are connected with bridges.

Like in my previous maps, there are small amounts of tiberium next to the players, but the most of the tiberium is between the players.

After a long time of gameplay (usually after half of the players have been defeated) there comes a long ion storm and meteors start appearing.

The AI was quite random in my tests: Sometimes it wiped me out in 10 minutes, sometimes it gave a good challenge and sometimes it didn't do anything.

To avoid some gameplay problems, I recommend putting destroyable bridges off (although the bridges have about 7 times more strength than normal bridges do, they can still explode sometimes).

I again recommend you to close your curtains while playing this map lol.gif

Screenshots:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

The screenshot below was taken during the ion storm.
Attached Image

Have fun wink1.gif

Attached File  City_in_Conflict.zip ( 205.54K ) Number of downloads: 437

This post has been edited by ^Rampastein: Jun 17 2008, 12:35 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
eXit
post Jun 17 2008, 08:52 PM
Post #2

Attack Buggy
Group Icon

Member No.: 347
Alliance: GDI

That looks really good! I love bridge based maps. Although i can't say spotlight or not because i haven't played it, i haven't played TS for ages, i might though. All i can say is that it has a good chance of a spotlight.

ShDwBoRn
post Jun 17 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #3

Attack Cycle
Group Icon

From: I'm in a cardboard box on the dark side of jupiters third moon eating cold canned soup.
Member No.: 141

looks very sexy, has nice lighting too, i love maps with tons of islands and choke points

--------------------
]

Crash
post Jun 17 2008, 10:08 PM
Post #4

Ghost Stalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 173

Very, very nice. The only thing keeping me from saying spotlight is checking balance and that the lighting could be improved. The coloured lighting is very intense, and you should only use about 1/3 of the intensity it is now to create a more realistic look. You also got to fix the extra building lighting that I'm not 100% aware of how, but the buildings need to be brighter. Ask Ixith about this.

--------------------
Perfection can never be achieved; it's merely approachable.

KingByng
post Jun 17 2008, 10:33 PM
Post #5

Cyborg
Group Icon

Member No.: 869

The lighting in some spots is too dark to see anything. Other than that, I see no problems.

EDIT: Cliff errors!

Attached Image

Attached Image

I see huge effort put into this, good job! IMO, it is not yet spotlight worthy until the errors are fixed.

This post has been edited by BlackieChan: Jun 17 2008, 10:44 PM

--------------------

Rampastring
post Jun 18 2008, 07:37 AM
Post #6

Tick Tank
Group Icon

Thanks for the comments guys.

BlackieChan, those are just graphical bugs of FinalSun, not cliff errors. I also sometimes think about those being cliff errors, but when I look at it for a while I notice that they're just graphical bugs.

Very, very nice. The only thing keeping me from saying spotlight is checking balance and that the lighting could be improved. The coloured lighting is very intense, and you should only use about 1/3 of the intensity it is now to create a more realistic look. You also got to fix the extra building lighting that I'm not 100% aware of how, but the buildings need to be brighter. Ask Ixith about this.

Well, having intense lighting just belongs to my style.. I personally love intense lighting (to a certain degree).

About the building lighting.. as far as I know it isn't fixable, since there isn't any kind of an "ExtraBuildingLight" key (or at least I do not see a one in Game.exe).

--------------------

KingByng
post Jun 18 2008, 01:48 PM
Post #7

Cyborg
Group Icon

Member No.: 869

QUOTE (^Rampastein @ Jun 18 2008, 03:37 AM) *
BlackieChan, those are just graphical bugs of FinalSun, not cliff errors. I also sometimes think about those being cliff errors, but when I look at it for a while I notice that they're just graphical bugs.

My bad

--------------------

Lin Kuei Ominae
post Jun 18 2008, 02:42 PM
Post #8

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 281
Alliance: CABAL

QUOTE (^Rampastein @ Jun 18 2008, 07:37 AM) *
About the building lighting.. as far as I know it isn't fixable, since there isn't any kind of an "ExtraBuildingLight" key (or at least I do not see a one in Game.exe).

How about adding all buildings to the map in the way
[GACNST]
LightVisibility=5000
LightIntensity=0.001
LightRedTint=1.0
LightGreenTint=1.0
LightBlueTint=1.0

Just very small amount of light with a high range for each building. So the bigger your base, the better you can see in your base, but it should still be hard to see from where the light comes from.

This post has been edited by Lin Kuei Ominae: Jun 18 2008, 02:45 PM

--------------------
Co-Leader of Twisted Insurrection
my public units for you
Nod units:____________________________GDI units:
Nod Scorpion__________________________GDI 3A Kodiak
Nod Tachyon Tank______________________GDI Medusa (Triple Cannon Mech)
Nod Goliath___________________________GDI Behemoth (medium size Mech)
Nod Cobra (fast medium mech)__________GDI Battleship Aurora
Nod Siegebot (light MG-Mech)__________GDI Fortress Tower (Heavy Base Defense)
Nod Redeemer (4 legged heavy Cyborg)__GDI Triton (Titan support Mech)
Nod/Scrin WotW Tripod_________________GDI Exciter
______________________________________GDI Ion Charge Collector
Misc and Fun units:
X-Mech Calendar 28 SHP Units
Star Wars Mechs ATAT/ATST
Cyborg Barrack on PPM_________________Mech Factory
Mutant Tiberium Flyer
yt1300 (Millenium Falcon + BIG version)

if you use my units in your mod, please credit me.if you want to use my units on your website please ask me before.

Rampastring
post Jun 18 2008, 03:18 PM
Post #9

Tick Tank
Group Icon

Well, I highly doubted that it would work, since buildings don't use the terrain palette. Also, having even a very small amount of light in a building placed in a dark map can look horrible. However, I had to test it and this was the result.

Attached Image

As you can see, it made the terrain much brighter, but the buildings are still very dark sad.gif

--------------------

I_Am
post Jun 18 2008, 04:14 PM
Post #10

Hum-vee
Group Icon

Member No.: 642
Alliance: Scrin

From the looks it seams you set the lighting to low on the whole map. Thus making ts make the buildings darker.
You to need raise the "level". You have it set at like 0.000001 needs to be 1 to 0.01, 0.1 being normal if i can recall.

Also the cliff errors are there, and you can see them ingame. The heigths are incorrect for a lot of tile. I uploaded a few I found.

This post has been edited by I_Am: Jun 18 2008, 05:18 PM
Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------

Rampastring
post Jun 18 2008, 04:51 PM
Post #11

Tick Tank
Group Icon

QUOTE (I_Am @ Jun 18 2008, 07:14 PM) *
From the looks it seams you set the lighting to low on the whole map. Thus making ts make the buildings darker.

Yeah, with maps which have a lot of intense light posts you have to set the ambient lighting to something low, at least if you don't want to burn your eyes.

Anyway, I'd like to have more comments about the layout and the gameplay, not about the dark buildings. Actually, a full review from an experienced mapper like Ixith, Aro, Dudeinabox or Team Black would be nice.

This post has been edited by ^Rampastein: Jun 18 2008, 04:54 PM

--------------------

The DvD
post Jun 18 2008, 05:58 PM
Post #12

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

I think the map looks fantastic, if this is really your fifth map, that's very very good.

BTW (and sorry to talk about the dark buildings) you don't need to mess with the Level= value to make the buildings appear brighter, you could just add ExtraBuildingLight=0.6 or something.

--------------------
Please contact me on msn if you need me for anything, thanks.

Rampastring
post Jun 18 2008, 07:30 PM
Post #13

Tick Tank
Group Icon

QUOTE (I_Am @ Jun 18 2008, 07:14 PM) *
Also the cliff errors are there, and you can see them ingame. The heigths are incorrect for a lot of tile. I uploaded a few I found.

Wrong. I can't see any cliff errors in game.. look at the screenshots. For example, look at my 3rd screenshot and your 4th screenshot. There isn't any cliff error in game, FinalSun is just showing some tiles through the cliffs.

BTW (and sorry to talk about the dark buildings) you don't need to mess with the Level= value to make the buildings appear brighter, you could just add ExtraBuildingLight=0.6 or something.

Err, there isn't any ExtraBuildingLight key in TS.. or at least I don't see a one in game.exe.. I will test it tomorrow anyway. I will also test I_Am's suggestion about the Level, although I doubt that it will have any effect and rising the Level can cause some lightposts to turn blocky.

Btw, could some moderator delete the parts of the thread telling about the false cliff errors? It would make the thread much easier to read. And, if anyone else thinks that there are cliff errors, go test it in-game.

This post has been edited by ^Rampastein: Jun 19 2008, 06:30 AM

--------------------

Dudeinabox
post Jun 18 2008, 10:57 PM
Post #14

Disc Thrower
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,021

Wow, an 8 player map, sort out those errors and i'll have some of that!

Rampastring
post Jun 19 2008, 06:24 AM
Post #15

Tick Tank
Group Icon

Err, how many times have I already said that there are no cliff errors..? Meh, I quess I need to post an another screenshot to prove that there are none.

The screenshot below is I_Am's last screenshot showing a false cliff error in FinalSun

This is how it looks in game.

Attached Image

Do you guys finally agree that there are no cliff errors in the map and FinalSun just has some graphical errors with displaying the cliffs? roll.gif

This post has been edited by ^Rampastein: Jun 19 2008, 06:29 AM

--------------------

Aro
post Jun 19 2008, 11:10 AM
Post #16

Cyborg Commando
Group Icon

Member No.: 314

Actually, a full review from an experienced mapper like Ixith, Aro, Dudeinabox or Team Black would be nice

Sure thing, Just give me a few hours or so and I'll have you a full review.

--------------------
Aro - Leader of Twisted Insurrection and Evolution.

Tiberian Sun: UMP
Tiberian Sun: Modding Tools
Tiberian Sun: Mapping Tools

"Aro is OP." - TiberianFuture
"Aro for Dictator!" - Droke
"Aro for President!" - CL4ymOr3
"You're Aro, you always win." - daTS
"He's referred to as The Aro because he really is that f*cking awesome!" - Fenring
"Only members of the A.R.O. Society are allowed to use :WAT and related terms (TAW:, :BIGV, etc.)." - Crimsonum
"To Aro, founder and leader of TI, the best public relations and mod manager, great friend, modder and mapper." - Lin Kuei Ominae

Dudeinabox
post Jun 19 2008, 09:47 PM
Post #17

Disc Thrower
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,021

Are you sure I'm an experienced mapper? You have more maps than I do tongue.gif

Crash
post Jun 19 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #18

Ghost Stalker
Group Icon

Am I not an experienced mapper? angry.gif

--------------------

Rampastring
post Jun 20 2008, 06:44 AM
Post #19

Tick Tank
Group Icon

Are you sure I'm an experienced mapper? You have more maps than I do tongue.gif

Well, your recent maps have been quite awesome, so I think you are =P

QUOTE (CrashKing @ Jun 20 2008, 01:34 AM) *
Am I not an experienced mapper? angry.gif

Hmm, you haven't posted a map for a while.. but Town of Karasjok has been one of my favourite maps since you released it, so I think you are ^^

Don't get angry if I didn't say your name in the post where I asked for a review, I just named a few examples of experienced mappers roll.gif

Sure thing, Just give me a few hours or so and I'll have you a full review.

Sounds good.. I'm just hoping that I don't have to wait a week for your review which was the case with The Hills Have Eyes =P

This post has been edited by ^Rampastein: Jun 20 2008, 01:56 PM

--------------------

Ixith
post Jun 20 2008, 07:35 PM
Post #20

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Member No.: 27

well I tried posting via my PSP while at a hotel but the internetz there was ztyped and would go fine for a few pages that I clicked on then would stop giving me a connection after that. Sooo...

I will review it soon hopefully. It looks promising I might add. smile.gif

and to all you people....I say those "errors" provided in the pictures are NOT errors. They are, like ramp said,...just a finalsun glitch. This happens usually when you place a cliff set near the lower one. However, I will still look closely at those spots. But mind you, if you say they are errors and spent the time to look at them...then why not try to fix them? If you would have done that then you would have realized that they are not errors but rather a graphical glitch from the craptastic finalsun. lol.gif

When I take a look at the map in finalsun I will give you my suggestions concerning the lighting. It most likely has to do with a very low ambient setting.

--------------------

Crash
post Jun 20 2008, 11:28 PM
Post #21

Ghost Stalker
Group Icon

Hmm, you haven't posted a map for a while.. but Town of Karasjok has been one of my favourite maps since you released it, so I think you are ^^

Don't get angry if I didn't say your name in the post where I asked for a review, I just named a few examples of experienced mappers

Heh, I know, it's a joke. tongue.gif

The reason I haven't done many maps lately is because I'm mapping for modifications. One of them being Tiberian Odyssey, and TS dusk. wink1.gif

Tiberian Odyssey map section: http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/index.php?f=204

I might do an ingame review later.

--------------------

Aro
post Jun 21 2008, 09:33 AM
Post #22

Cyborg Commando
Group Icon

Member No.: 314

If you want to promote Odyssey don't do it here, use your signature of something.

Well I did play this map, no serious issues and no errors, the only things that irritated me was:

A ) The amount of civilian Junk on the map, aka Mutant soldiers and visceroids, those kind of things really do my head in if they're too close to the base and start attacking you without warning.
B ) Not sure If this is a problem my computer / mod is causing but this map lagged quite badly after about 20 minutes of game-play, but after destroying a few of the AI's that changed. tongue.gif

Another thing that annoyed me but I know you don't like people talking about is the fact them buildings are so damn dark, what codes are you using to make them appear like that?

Anyway...

Lighting - 8 / 10 - The lighting was beautiful in all fairness. Green lighting was perfectly set down (in the areas that I could see anyway). I Never liked the glowing blue water idea as I always thought that was a bit stupid and it made the mini map look ugly, but It payed off in this map, the lighting was perfectly fine. A day night loop wouldn't of been a bad touch. tongue.gif

Detail - 9 / 10 - Well I'm sure a lot of other people will agree with me that the detailing is fantastic, a big improvement from your last maps. The only problems was a bit of a large usage of the same LAT's in particular spots and the way the roads turned (I always hated using the four way road piece as a corner, but I know there are not any road corner tiles in Vanilla TS).

Game-play - 8 - 10 - I Didn't mind the game play at all, the AI was alright but the things that ruined it was the amount of visceroids that kept on coming out of nowhere and attacking me out of the blue and the fact the map started lagging when I was enjoying myself, though you may not be to blame for the lag. Other than that, It was fun. I could see myself playing that map again.

Layout - 8 - 10 - Seems like a nicely planned layout, the amount of players where well lay out considering the size of the map, though some of the players where quite close together and had uneven building space (though I can't talk as I've made this kind of mistake quite a few times) But despite that, a very nice layout. Mini map would be so much more attractive if it didn't have those stupid Grey dots all over it.

Triggers - 7 - 10 - Loved the little surprises you had in store for us there. Didn't expect armies of civilians to run out of the buildings as I was destroying them. A Small, but Nice Touch.

40 / 50 - In my little vote for a spotlight thingy, its either 40 or over for a spotlight. I Think you deserve the spotlight for this one.

This post has been edited by Aro: Jun 21 2008, 09:54 AM

--------------------
Aro - Leader of Twisted Insurrection and Evolution.

Tiberian Sun: UMP
Tiberian Sun: Modding Tools
Tiberian Sun: Mapping Tools

"Aro is OP." - TiberianFuture
"Aro for Dictator!" - Droke
"Aro for President!" - CL4ymOr3
"You're Aro, you always win." - daTS
"He's referred to as The Aro because he really is that f*cking awesome!" - Fenring
"Only members of the A.R.O. Society are allowed to use :WAT and related terms (TAW:, :BIGV, etc.)." - Crimsonum
"To Aro, founder and leader of TI, the best public relations and mod manager, great friend, modder and mapper." - Lin Kuei Ominae

Crash
post Jun 21 2008, 12:28 PM
Post #23

Ghost Stalker
Group Icon

If you want to promote Odyssey don't do it here, use your signature of something.

It wasn't promoting, I just wanted to show him that I'm still an active mapper. wink1.gif

Anyway, my review... (without playing it, just looking on the lighting, balance, detail etc.) Triggers are a freebie.

Detail: I can't really see anything wrong with it, it's perfectly fine. 10/10
Lighting: The lightposts on water, fona, tiberium etc. are WAY TOO intensive. 5-6/10
Balance: The bridges are a drawback, but as you said it can easily be fixed by simply not having destroyable bridges. The build space aren't equal enough for all start posistions. I can't see much else that makes imbalances. 8/10
Overall: 8/10. When you fix the intense lighting I will say spotlight.

--------------------

Rampastring
post Jun 21 2008, 04:37 PM
Post #24

Tick Tank
Group Icon

Thank you both for your reviews.

B ) Not sure If this is a problem my computer / mod is causing but this map lagged quite badly after about 20 minutes of game-play

I haven't had the same issue, and I've played it with 2 different computers (although the amount of frames per second was much lower here than in most TS maps, the game still ran as fast as it can run in the "Faster" speed setting).

Another thing that annoyed me but I know you don't like people talking about is the fact them buildings are so damn dark, what codes are you using to make them appear like that?

I'm just using a low amount of ambient lighting.. I must have the ambient lighting on low, since if I would've had it brighter I would have had to take away the intensiveness of the light posts, which would have effectively killed the beautiful lighting.

Thanks for your spotlight vote wink1.gif

As for Crashking.. there is one thing in your review that I highly disagree with.

Lighting: The lightposts on water, fona, tiberium etc. are WAY TOO intensive. 5-6/10

I like colourful maps like this much more than the normal colourless ones which have just a few weak lightposts on tiberium/fona/etc.

It just belongs to my mapping style... I think that when you're making a review, you should think of the mapper's style and base your review on it.

For example, I would rate some of your maps' (the ones you have released here) lighting 5/10 because the lightposts are weak and the map looks like the same everywhere. However, since I know that you don't like intense lighting and making a colourful lighting doesn't belong to your mapping style, I would rate it 8/10.

I hope you understand what I mean here roll.gif

Btw, the reason why there isn't a day night loop is that I don't like those five minute lasting day night loops at all =P
It also could have messed up the ion storm lighting.

This post has been edited by ^Rampastein: Jun 21 2008, 04:44 PM

--------------------

Crash
post Jun 21 2008, 05:42 PM
Post #25

Ghost Stalker
Group Icon

I'm not against styles, but having lighting that makes it look like there are 100000000 watt lamps lighting the water is highly unrealistic. It's good to have your own style, aye. Water doesn't create that glow in reality. Tiberium has a mere green glow to it, it doesn't light up the the fields around it. Excellent use of negative light posts BTW!

--------------------

Ixith
post Jun 21 2008, 07:27 PM
Post #26

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Member No.: 27

Well IMO a review from someone is what THEY think of the map and they shouldn't be sensitive to the mapper's style but lean towards what they, the reviewer, likes.

Anyways....here is my ingame review:

Lighting : 7/10 personally i thought the lighting was WAY too dark in many areas. If you brightened the entire map up to a .3 or .4 ambient lighting then it would have helped a lot I think. It would also get your player buildings, repair huts, and light towers to be a bit brighter as those are all based on the ambient light setting as you probably know.
I believe through a lot of work you could still get the same lighting using a higher ambient lighting but it would require a lot of work and editing of lighting and light posts to find it. But of course if you did your buildings wouldn't be so damn dark.

Detail: 9/10 The detailing was good. However, hard to see in-game in many areas due to the darkness of the map. But like said it was nice and there is much proof of effort. I also feel you could have done more swamp water areas.

Layout: 8/10 The layout was great IMO. A very nicely set up 8 player map. To the exception of the player start locations. Each start location was different which was cool....but there was an uneven amount of build space and in most cases not enough. Plus some places seemed easier to defend than others.

Also. I found 1 cliff error. It is where you have placed a 4 way road piece as a corner and have those end road pieces coming to the right, one of which is sitting on the place where there needs to be a cliff connector. This error is in the upper left near the player start locations. If you can not find it then I will get a picture of it but as of right now I am too lazy to do so.

Triggers: 8/10 Many triggers on this map. I loved the patrol in the top right city and the ion storm was nice and long which made things challenging. Though I felt there could have been a few less meteor triggers. I think about 80% of your triggers were meteors and at some points this caused my game to lag when a good portion of them would go off at the same time. A better computer would easily go through it with no lag of course but i just felt there were too many of them. It seemed that throughout the entire ion storm i just heard "meteor storm approaching" or whatever the thing says when a meteor storm is coming down.

Game-play: 7.5/10 Gameplay with 7 AIs set on level 2 was very nice. There was constant movement which I found nice. But I found the amount of mutants and other various resistances on the map to be too much and would slow down players too much. In fact the visceroids in my 3rd match on the map crippled 3 of the AIs I played against. (provided those were weak AIs) But still I think the amount of neutral resistance could be cut down.

Overall: 7.9/10 A good map really. You have certainly improved on your mapping abilities. Your cliff ramps/slope set pieces are much better than in your last map for sure. Now if you fix that cliff error and brighten it up just a tad bit or perhaps add a day/night loop (though I know you said you don't like those) then you will have my vote for a spotlight. It really is a very nicely done 8 player map and I do suggest this map for play. The minimap looked very impressive when I first say it. So great job. smile.gif

--------------------

Team Black
post Jun 21 2008, 09:50 PM
Post #27

Core Defender
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 123

This map is superb! Each starting location is unique, allowing each player to play different roles in the game.
It could be played either East vs. West or North vs. South, he map has great lighting, great atmosphere. The only thing I might change on this map is the unit lighting, which is a tad too dark. There's a tag you can use to adjust that, but I don't know offhand what it is.
I think it's ExtraUnitLighting= or something.

Spot-spot-spot-spotliiiiight cool.gif

Talk to me on MSN, I need to ask you something

--------------------

Rampastring
post Jun 22 2008, 07:40 AM
Post #28

Tick Tank
Group Icon

Thanks for the review.. and the spotlight, of course smile.gif

Hm, I will try to make the buildings bit brighter, but like you said, it would require a lot of work if I want to keep the current lighting.

About the dark lighting.. the places which are really dark just add some eye candy IMO. They don't give you any kind of a tactical advantage.

QUOTE (Ixith @ Jun 21 2008, 10:27 PM) *
Layout: 8/10 The layout was great IMO. A very nicely set up 8 player map. To the exception of the player start locations. Each start location was different which was cool....but there was an uneven amount of build space and in most cases not enough. Plus some places seemed easier to defend than others.

I agree with the low build space.. there are actually 2 starting locations which don't have enough build space (or, there is enough, but you must build your building close to eachother, with only 1 cell between them)

However, about the "easier to defend" thing.. I think it balances the map nicely, as those 2 player starting locations which have a low amount of build space are very easy to defend. So, the more build space, the more space and routes for attacking the base.

Also. I found 1 cliff error. It is where you have placed a 4 way road piece as a corner and have those end road pieces coming to the right, one of which is sitting on the place where there needs to be a cliff connector.

Hm, seems so.. if I find enough time and a reason to make a version 1.1 update then I will fix it.

Triggers: 8/10 Many triggers on this map. I loved the patrol in the top right city and the ion storm was nice and long which made things challenging. Though I felt there could have been a few less meteor triggers. I think about 80% of your triggers were meteors and at some points this caused my game to lag when a good portion of them would go off at the same time. A better computer would easily go through it with no lag of course but i just felt there were too many of them. It seemed that throughout the entire ion storm i just heard "meteor storm approaching" or whatever the thing says when a meteor storm is coming down.

Well, my brothers said the same about the meteors (While I was making the map, I played the map many times in LAN with my brothers and friends and got some comments from them). However, I didn't agree with his comment, since the ion storm was meant to cause a lot of damage to the players and the terrain.

There also were other triggers, like when you attack some of the civilian buildings there comes some civilians out of the building to attack your forces.

Also, one of our computers lagged sometimes during the ion storm, but it worked smoothly most of the time.

Game-play: 7.5/10 Gameplay with 7 AIs set on level 2 was very nice. There was constant movement which I found nice. But I found the amount of mutants and other various resistances on the map to be too much and would slow down players too much. In fact the visceroids in my 3rd match on the map crippled 3 of the AIs I played against. (provided those were weak AIs) But still I think the amount of neutral resistance could be cut down.

I agree here. However when I played against my personal mod's AI the mutants and visceroids always got killed in a few minutes.. I always was the only one who had problems with them >_>'

If I make a new version I'll cut down some of the resistance for sure.

Overall: 7.9/10 A good map really. You have certainly improved on your mapping abilities. Your cliff ramps/slope set pieces are much better than in your last map for sure. Now if you fix that cliff error and brighten it up just a tad bit or perhaps add a day/night loop (though I know you said you don't like those) then you will have my vote for a spotlight. It really is a very nicely done 8 player map and I do suggest this map for play. The minimap looked very impressive when I first say it. So great job. smile.gif

Hmm, nothing really to comment here. As I said I will try to brighten it a bit and I will release a new version if I succeed in it.

Talk to me on MSN, I need to ask you something

Hmm, I'll think about that.. although the timezones might make it impossible, since I'm online mostly in the afternoon.. while it is an early morning for you. Also I'm going to have a small LAN party tomorrow.

This post has been edited by ^Rampastein: Jun 22 2008, 03:17 PM

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:47 PM

XGhozt.com