r34ch
post Nov 9 2007, 01:25 PM
Post #1

Technician
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,040
Favorite game: Tiberian Dawn

Hey, Bittah! well first off, what a fantastic mod!!

I only found a few niggles with it, mainly just small annoyances for me personally.

*The SSM launcher, Rocket launcher and arty often go off to trail fleeing enemies, they are two weak however so i find they would be better if they didn't follow enemy units, i.e. just fire from the same spot until clicked other wise. This way when attacking they don't wind up in front of the main attack force.

*The nuke is very weak even though it has a timer, maybe make it a little more effective?

*The sam site rockets are very large, perhaps a little smaller?

*Also are A10s in the mod to drop napalm? I didn't see them, i don't know if they would work with TS' lack of real air plane logic anyway

*Arcing projectiles are very high, such as grenades, is there no way to tone down the height of even hand thrown grenades if not arty's as well?

*Since the maps can be viewed on large monitors now, would you ever consider slightly deviating from TD and increasing the range of artillery units even by one square?

*When a computer team is knocked out you still hear the TS voice overs.

*Will you include more civy houses in future maps?

*Will future maps have more than one choke point into a base? atm the AI bottle necks its self into its own base on some maps

*Will future maps have bridges?

*I take it units only have 8 frames when moving? They don't move as fluently in TD

*Will you ever mod the .exe so you don't need a Tib Sun Disk innocent.gif

Overall im impressed, like seriously impressed. Nice work on the terrain and the units. Everything is scaled and palleted perfectly (except for the chinook but still) I'm still getting over playing as Nod in red in skirmish!

r34ch
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
Bittah Commander
post Nov 9 2007, 03:00 PM
Post #2

Forum Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 5
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

Thanks for your input, r34ch. Suggestions are always welcome smile.gif

QUOTE (r34ch @ Nov 9 2007, 02:25 PM) *
The SSM launcher, Rocket launcher and arty often go off to trail fleeing enemies, they are two weak however so i find they would be better if they didn't follow enemy units, i.e. just fire from the same spot until clicked other wise. This way when attacking they don't wind up in front of the main attack force.

I'm not sure whether this problem can be solved... When you play TS normally, especially units that can fire at aircraft have this same issue.
The nuke is very weak even though it has a timer, maybe make it a little more effective?

Yeah, I agree the method I'm using for the Nuke right now isn't the best... However, every other method I tried would make it destroy any building it'd (no matter what damage value I set for the warhead), which takes the fun away even more. The way it works right now seems to be a bit random; sometimes it can damage multiple things, sometimes it just damages/destroys 1 building and leave anything else around it unharmed...
Right now I don't know of a good way to improve the way the nuke deals damage, so I'll have to stuck with my current method.
The sam site rockets are very large, perhaps a little smaller?

Yeah, I agree, though I believe they were just as big in TD... I will make them smaller for version 1.0.4 anyway however.
Also are A10s in the mod to drop napalm? I didn't see them, i don't know if they would work with TS' lack of real air plane logic anyway

No, A10s aren't in... TD didn't have air strike for multiplayer anyway, so it's not a loss.
Arcing projectiles are very high, such as grenades, is there no way to tone down the height of even hand thrown grenades if not arty's as well?

For as far as I know there is not.
Since the maps can be viewed on large monitors now, would you ever consider slightly deviating from TD and increasing the range of artillery units even by one square?

Maybe I will re-balance things a little in the future, but I won't for now.
When a computer team is knocked out you still hear the TS voice overs.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm already looking into it.
Will you include more civy houses in future maps?

Right now I'm not focusing on mapping, so that'll be up to anyone who'll offer to make some maps for DTA (though I don't expect many, since I know mapping with DTA's terrain is a pain).
Will future maps have more than one choke point into a base? atm the AI bottle necks its self into its own base on some maps

Same answer as before. There already are maps with more than 1 choke point however (Sand Trap, Lost Arena and Terraces for instance).
Will future maps have bridges?

Sand Trap has bridges.
I take it units only have 8 frames when moving? They don't move as fluently in TD

That's a limitation that comes with the TS engine. Unless anyone would manage to find a hack to allow 32 facings, I'll have to stick to 8 facings.
TSHyper did make a discovery while trying to get it to work last time however... When I tested it appeared that there really were more than 8 facings, but they seemed to be all scrambled. Maybe he'll be able to make it work in the future, but don't get your hopes up.
Will you ever mod the .exe so you don't need a Tib Sun Disk innocent.gif

I might...

--------------------

Lin Kuei Ominae
post Nov 9 2007, 03:20 PM
Post #3

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 281
Alliance: CABAL

QUOTE (Bittah Commander @ Nov 9 2007, 04:00 PM) *
*Will you ever mod the .exe so you don't need a Tib Sun Disk innocent.gif

I might...

can you make in the same step, TS using the good old TD disks? Then we don't have to download the music and future mappers are maybe even able to create the campaign with the movies.

This post has been edited by Lin Kuei Ominae: Nov 9 2007, 03:21 PM

--------------------
Co-Leader of Twisted Insurrection
my public units for you
Nod units:____________________________GDI units:
Nod Scorpion__________________________GDI 3A Kodiak
Nod Tachyon Tank______________________GDI Medusa (Triple Cannon Mech)
Nod Goliath___________________________GDI Behemoth (medium size Mech)
Nod Cobra (fast medium mech)__________GDI Battleship Aurora
Nod Siegebot (light MG-Mech)__________GDI Fortress Tower (Heavy Base Defense)
Nod Redeemer (4 legged heavy Cyborg)__GDI Triton (Titan support Mech)
Nod/Scrin WotW Tripod_________________GDI Exciter
______________________________________GDI Ion Charge Collector
Misc and Fun units:
X-Mech Calendar 28 SHP Units
Star Wars Mechs ATAT/ATST
Cyborg Barrack on PPM_________________Mech Factory
Mutant Tiberium Flyer
yt1300 (Millenium Falcon + BIG version)

if you use my units in your mod, please credit me.if you want to use my units on your website please ask me before.

Bittah Commander
post Nov 9 2007, 04:07 PM
Post #4

Forum Administrator
Group Icon

That's an interesting idea, though I personally wouldn't know how to. I think TSHyper might know a way...
However, this probably would cause a few problems. For instance, TD's VMVs have a resolution of 320x200 and I'm not sure whether that would work well with TS.
Aside from that TD's mix file that contains the music is named SCORES.MIX, just like TS'. That would mean that I'd have to rename DTASCO.MIX back to SCORES.MIX in the executable to make the game read the music from the TD discs, in which case TS' SCORES.MIX file would have to be replaced when installing DTA.
The main purpose of giving a mod it's own executable file is so the mod won't affect TS itself, so this would be an issue...

--------------------

SeekSomethingNew
post Nov 9 2007, 08:40 PM
Post #5

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 208

QUOTE (Lin Kuei Ominae)
can you make in the same step, TS using the good old TD disks? Then we don't have to download the music and future mappers are maybe even able to create the campaign with the movies.

Not Possible, the MIX file lib is different than the TS lib, different formats basicly.

QUOTE (Bittah Commander)
That's an interesting idea, though I personally wouldn't know how to. I think TSHyper might know a way...
However, this probably would cause a few problems. For instance, TD's VMVs have a resolution of 320x200 and I'm not sure whether that would work well with TS.
Aside from that TD's mix file that contains the music is named SCORES.MIX, just like TS'. That would mean that I'd have to rename DTASCO.MIX back to SCORES.MIX in the executable to make the game read the music from the TD discs, in which case TS' SCORES.MIX file would have to be replaced when installing DTA.
The main purpose of giving a mod it's own executable file is so the mod won't affect TS itself, so this would be an issue...

Well FMV's would be fine, if you make sure StretchMovies is off, add to the fact they use 256 VQA's, TS can only handle 16bit VQA's. Do you want to re write the VQA routine? tongue.gif

I would be nothing to do with renaming anyway, i might be able to move Scores.mix into the CD routine, but the above problems still arise, where there is no answers to them.

--------------------

Bittah Commander
post Nov 9 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #6

Forum Administrator
Group Icon

Scores.mix already is in the CD routine actually. While installing TS you have the option to either install the music to the heard disc or not; if you don't, the music is read from the TS discs (which could slow the game down a bit).

--------------------

SeekSomethingNew
post Nov 9 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #7

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

It is in the routine yes, but its also in the standard routine too, the CD is second in priority, so if you was to make the game load the Scores file, you would have to make sure there is not one already in the directory. So you would have to tell people to delete it.

--------------------

Lin Kuei Ominae
post Nov 9 2007, 11:00 PM
Post #8

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 281
Alliance: CABAL

or you make a simple batch file in which you rename the existing scores.mix, start the mod and afterwards rename the scores.mix back.

--------------------
Co-Leader of Twisted Insurrection
my public units for you
Nod units:____________________________GDI units:
Nod Scorpion__________________________GDI 3A Kodiak
Nod Tachyon Tank______________________GDI Medusa (Triple Cannon Mech)
Nod Goliath___________________________GDI Behemoth (medium size Mech)
Nod Cobra (fast medium mech)__________GDI Battleship Aurora
Nod Siegebot (light MG-Mech)__________GDI Fortress Tower (Heavy Base Defense)
Nod Redeemer (4 legged heavy Cyborg)__GDI Triton (Titan support Mech)
Nod/Scrin WotW Tripod_________________GDI Exciter
______________________________________GDI Ion Charge Collector
Misc and Fun units:
X-Mech Calendar 28 SHP Units
Star Wars Mechs ATAT/ATST
Cyborg Barrack on PPM_________________Mech Factory
Mutant Tiberium Flyer
yt1300 (Millenium Falcon + BIG version)

if you use my units in your mod, please credit me.if you want to use my units on your website please ask me before.

SeekSomethingNew
post Nov 10 2007, 12:25 AM
Post #9

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

True yea, but still, how are you going to make the game down version its MIX file format?

--------------------

I_Am
post Nov 10 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #10

Hum-vee
Group Icon

Member No.: 642
Alliance: Scrin

Maybe make it so D.T.A. has a different save game file extension. Right now you can load your old ts save games, if there is a campaign then this should be done to prevent loads of mix ups.

--------------------

SeekSomethingNew
post Nov 10 2007, 01:12 PM
Post #11

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

Johan...

--------------------

Bittah Commander
post Nov 10 2007, 02:55 PM
Post #12

Forum Administrator
Group Icon

Sush, Luke bash.gif

--------------------

Nyerguds
post Nov 14 2007, 10:41 PM
Post #13

Cyborg
Group Icon

Member No.: 97
Alliance: Nod

QUOTE (Bittah Commander @ Nov 9 2007, 04:00 PM) *
No, A10s aren't in... TD didn't have air strike for multiplayer anyway, so it's not a loss.

TD has a one-shot airstrike as crate goodie. The ability still needs to charge though.

This post has been edited by Nyerguds: Nov 14 2007, 10:42 PM

--------------------

bartpp7
post Nov 20 2007, 03:09 AM
Post #14

Technician
Group Icon

Member No.: 672

ok well i ain't going to read all bug thread so bear with me ok first of love the mod its so cool ,um the menues are a little buggy i can't play as nod um and the ai even on 0 inteligence the ai will have there ion cannon with in the first 5 mins though im able to defend my slef unlike in TS though as i think of it is nod even playable? lol.gif

oh i forgot to menion that when i mean the menues are bugy i mean that they either don't work or i have to continuly click on them or click some tiny bit above the menue tab so it can work huh.gif

Bittah Commander
post Nov 20 2007, 08:50 AM
Post #15

Forum Administrator
Group Icon

I haven't noticed any of the bugs you're describing... For as far as I can tell all menus work fine and Nod is perfectly playable. It seems to me the files are messed up or something. Reinstalling TS might help.

--------------------

bartpp7
post Nov 21 2007, 01:52 AM
Post #16

Technician
Group Icon

will do ,I'll tell ya tomorrow sad.gif

bartpp7
post Nov 22 2007, 12:31 AM
Post #17

Technician
Group Icon

ok it still have the same problm and i noticed the nuke doesn't work proply either um and is this all that not has i would of thought he would have more sad.gif but i guess thats what happenes when u band with poor countries lol.gif

Sven
post Nov 23 2007, 10:27 AM
Post #18

Technician
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,053

I think I've found a bug in the Map 'Lost Arena' that is related to the 'Impassable Terrain' problem you've mentioned in the 'Maps' Thread in the Mapping Section.
I experienced that the center tiberium field may turn into a parking lot for harvesters - getting stuck on the cliffs.
See attached picture for details where this happens.

To reproduce:
My base was in the top middle of the map, I had about 8 harvesters running and after a while I noticed that two of them were already stuck.
So I built some more of them and, guess what, one after the other got stuck there. Finally I had 7 Harvesters that couldn't be moved.

I think I have a screenshot of that - but not on the PC I'm sitting at - I may post that screenie later on.

This post has been edited by Sven: Nov 23 2007, 10:28 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  error.png ( 1.69MB ) Number of downloads: 4

Bittah Commander
post Nov 23 2007, 01:41 PM
Post #19

Forum Administrator
Group Icon

Yeah, I already noticed this myself, but you'll have to wait for version 1.06 for the fix...

--------------------

Dutchygamer
post Nov 28 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #20

Flamethrower Infantry
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,051

QUOTE ('Bittah Commander')
Yeah, I agree the method I'm using for the Nuke right now isn't the best... However, every other method I tried would make it destroy any building it'd (no matter what damage value I set for the warhead), which takes the fun away even more.

Why don't you change it to that way. IIRC, the nuke in TD did destroy anything it hit, but it had a very large reload time. Then you really need to destroy the Temple ASAP, before your'e base was blown to pieces. And still, most players do have a secondary MCV somewhere as backup (atleast, i think they have).

EDIT: ow, i see you already have changed the nuke. I forgot to read the latest changes page XD

This post has been edited by Dutchygamer: Nov 28 2007, 07:14 PM

--------------------

RA2: Moscow's Vengeance's
Monolith Game Studios

Bittah Commander
post Nov 29 2007, 08:34 AM
Post #21

Forum Administrator
Group Icon

The nuke still doesn't destroy anything it hits; the damage just spreads better now, which makes it more powerful.
Still, in TD the nuke was a one time use weapon, so after you used the nuke once, you wouldn't be able to use it again.
I can't do this in TS and aside from that a nuke that pwoerful just isn't any fun.

--------------------

Shakar
post Dec 8 2007, 06:15 AM
Post #22

Hum-vee
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,068
Alliance: Forgotten

I've noticed this in the FinalSun editor for DTA that some of the buildings are ether cut off, or don't show up at all in the editor... I've taken a pic of all the buildings that can be seen, but get cut off.

The buildins are the Nod Airfield and the Tib. Refinery. Is this some kind of bug, Bittah? Also, the Nod Gunturret cannot be seen in the editor, yet it appears in the game where you place it. Is there some way this can be fixed?

Edit: Had to fix the pic... Showed an overlap of itself basically xD And my little toolbar thingy which I didn't want shown. xDXD

This post has been edited by Shakar: Dec 8 2007, 06:20 AM

--------------------

Current Projects:
Train Pack
Marble Madness Expansion

Finished Projects:
Urban Rush Remake

Bittah Commander
post Dec 10 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #23

Forum Administrator
Group Icon

This is basically because FinalSun doesn't show bibs... Because of this the service depot and the helipads most likely also won't show up. I'll try to fix this.

--------------------

Shakar
post Dec 11 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #24

Hum-vee
Group Icon

I took a look, and the Repair Depot and Helipad do show up... But the buildings that I mentioned that are ether cut or don't appear, have that problem...

--------------------

Current Projects:
Train Pack
Marble Madness Expansion

Finished Projects:
Urban Rush Remake

Bittah Commander
post Dec 11 2007, 09:28 PM
Post #25

Forum Administrator
Group Icon

I already managed to fix this, so you can expect to see this fixed with the next update wink1.gif

--------------------

Shakar
post Dec 24 2007, 04:09 AM
Post #26

Hum-vee
Group Icon

I think you miss spelled a civilian building... I believe it's called the "Archeology?" I looked in the actual TD game, and it's called a refinery instead. Can I ask why you called it this? =)

--------------------

Current Projects:
Train Pack
Marble Madness Expansion

Finished Projects:
Urban Rush Remake

Bittah Commander
post Dec 24 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #27

Forum Administrator
Group Icon

It's the name XCC Mixer gave me under Description when I looked in TD's Conquer.mix file.

--------------------

Shakar
post Dec 24 2007, 03:02 PM
Post #28

Hum-vee
Group Icon

Oh, ok. Thought I'd let you know, becaus eon the TD map editor I have, it's called a refinery.

--------------------

Current Projects:
Train Pack
Marble Madness Expansion

Finished Projects:
Urban Rush Remake

Nyerguds
post Dec 30 2007, 08:55 PM
Post #29

Cyborg
Group Icon

Member No.: 97

Arcology. its internal name is ARCO, but the actual name in the C&C strings file is "Oil Pump"

It's this building:

This post has been edited by Nyerguds: Dec 30 2007, 08:56 PM

--------------------

Bittah Commander
post Dec 31 2007, 02:38 AM
Post #30

Forum Administrator
Group Icon

Actually the Oil pump is another building (which is an actual oil pump tongue.gif).

--------------------

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:40 PM

XGhozt.com