Mapping God
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 30
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

Quote from Apoc:

Hey everyone,

Plain and simple, we have released Worldbuilder for Command & Conquer 3, and you can download it directly from the link below, its only 8MB:

http://files.ea.com/downloads/eagames/cc/t...orldbuilder.exe

Some quick things to note:

- Worldbuilder is not easy to use for the first time. If you have never used it before then be sure to open up the RTF manual that comes with the install. We have created a very good general introduction in to creating maps. Worldbuilder is not for the weak of heart, prepare to have patience :o)

-Worldbuilder is what WE USE TO BUILD THE GAME MAPS. That's right, as stated in the copyright, the tool you have is exactly what we used to build all the maps in the game. It takes time, it takes patience, and it takes good understanding of how to use all the power in the tool. Do not try and rush it.

-Pre-plan your maps. I cannot stress this enough. When we design maps, we don't just jump in to Worldbuilder and go for it. We draw them out, we create battle-plans, we visualize and conceptualize what we want to do before we start building. Especially if this is your first time, make sure you really think about the design when pre-planning and creating.

-"Map Balance" is key when creating a map. If you look deep in to each of our maps in Command & Conquer 3 then you'll see the rhyme and reason for every object and layout of a map. We hope to see aspiring mappers create strategic maps that have specific strategic thoughts put in to them. Those are the maps that will become the best. We challenge everyone to make the next best multiplayer map that hundreds, if not thousands of C&C multiplayer gamers will play.

In closing, remember, you use Worldbuilder at your own discretion. That said, we will absolutely help out as much as possible, but do know that Worldbuilder is not a perfect piece of software, you will face challenges that we are sure you will overcome, and like any big program such as Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, etc, we highly reccomend you run Worldbuilder with as little in the background as possible. Free up your resources, keep it a smooth ride!

Have fun with it, make awesome maps. We will create an official submission platform in the coming weeks so we can start to analyze your great works and publicize them on our site for popular download. Do not rush it!

Happy Mapping!
-APOC

end quote/

let the mapping begin!

This post has been edited by Creagor: Apr 20 2007, 01:39 PM

--------------------
How do u expect to defeat me when your merely a mortal, and I am Forever!

Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Wes.com   C&C 3 Worldbuilder released!   Apr 20 2007, 01:21 PM
- - Creagor   Moved to News   Apr 20 2007, 01:38 PM
- - pavel1269   :o *downloading* n1 :o)   Apr 20 2007, 04:35 PM
- - Nod Strike   Yes! I'm gonna go into C&C3 mapping   Apr 20 2007, 04:50 PM
- - lone wolf807   *click*   Apr 20 2007, 07:19 PM
- - Nod Strike   BLEARGH! It's so complicated...   Apr 20 2007, 08:06 PM
- - Robo fish   World builder is awesome   Apr 20 2007, 08:12 PM
- - Nod Strike   Yeah, i'll make a map over the next week. Robo...   Apr 20 2007, 08:20 PM
- - The Raven   Jesus Christ this thing lis complicated.   Apr 21 2007, 12:29 AM
- - Robo fish   That why it came with a manual :sleep:   Apr 21 2007, 12:41 AM
- - The Raven   Hahah, the manual is a joke, now that I'm real...   Apr 21 2007, 02:53 AM
- - The DvD   I created a TW mapping forum with the usual subfor...   Apr 21 2007, 12:08 PM
- - confactor   HAHA! now I shall use the world maker to make...   Apr 21 2007, 10:12 PM
- - daTSchikinhed   omg it eats my resources ALIVE!   Apr 24 2007, 05:03 AM
- - DeathRay2K   It won't even start on my computer. :(   Apr 24 2007, 02:45 PM
- - daTSchikinhed   I just watched it eat 3.2 gb into my virtual memor...   May 1 2007, 04:21 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:16 PM

XGhozt.com