Post #1

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

Originally posted by denmon0728:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the beginning of a couple of Tiberian sun Infantry shp tutorials that i will be writing on my spare time. And the first thing that you need to know about when editing TS infantry shps is the colour palette.

Intruduction
Tiberian sun Infantry shps, along with buildings and voxels, uses the unittem and unitsno palettes. The unittem palette is the palette used on temperat maps and the unitsno is the palette used on snow maps. These palletes are almost identical. Below is an example of each palette.

The colours
The top left black colour is the background colour and it wont be shown in-game. The colour below it is the shadow colour and it will be shown as fading black behind the infantry, dont paint this on the frames that the infantry is on, but paint it on the blank frames after the infantrys frames.

The red colours in the bottom left are the remap colours. They change to the team colour ingame.

The grey colours to the right of the remap colours are the greyscale colours. Use these to paint on the infantry if you want to make him grey.
All other greys can be used for lightning the infantry up when he shoots.

The brick colours at the top right of the greyscale are used for painting human skin.

The four red's to the right of the green colours are non-remappable red's. They can be used for blood etc.

The red's and yellows at the bottom right can be used to create normal fire effects when an infantry fires his gun.

I think that ive gone through the most important colours of the palette now. If you think that i missed something then please say so in a replie.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Bittah Commander
post Nov 6 2012, 01:04 PM
Post #2

Forum Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 5
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

I just discovered exactly why many colors turn green for turreted SHP units.
This is because any color that exists more than once on the temperat.pal palette, will be duplicated on the unittem.pal/unitsno.pal palette as well.

Just compare LKO's palette images for turreted SHP units

with temperat.pal.
Attached Image

As you can see, exactly the colors that are pink on the temperat.pal palette turn green for turreted SHP units.
So to solve this problem, you just have to replace all pink colors with other unique colors.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:12 PM

XGhozt.com