informer
post Feb 3 2008, 02:47 PM
Post #1

Technician
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,110
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

I've owned Tiberian Sun since its release and aswell as firestorm infact I have 2 (legal) copies of each disc, I used to play this game perfectly under windows 98 version 2.03 with firestorm, then normally on my first computer with windows xp. I used to love this game enjoyed modding it and never had any problems. However when I got my laptop and new pc a bit over a year now, Whenever I played tiberian sun it simply gave me random internal errors about 10-20minutes into a game. I tried using compatibility mode on both game.exe and sun.exe however no improvements. Reason im seeking help for this problem is because i simply installed tiberian sun on the old box and played it there however the old box kinda died so I can't play it anymore tongue.gif.

After compatibility mode failed I looked into my background tasks and got rid of everything turned off all firewalls, msn, anti virus pretty much everything on both pcs. Still have the random error though.

I then hit the forums and searched google to see what was up I found one topic

http://forums.cncnz.com/index.php?showtopic=5682

I don't have ctfmon running in my processes

Error code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Description: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
Access address:048B1000 was read from.

This is the same thing I have in my except.txt file. I dunno what it means but someone on here might?

I've even tried using another copy of xp called tinyxp which is basically just a very bare version of xp with all the rubbish taken out. I've just installed tiberian sun 1.08 and I've only had one internal error in about 9-10 skirmishes and I've gotten about half way through the campaigns without a problem. But the thing is the cutdown version of xp doesn't have the ipx protocols used for lan play so I'm just stuck with skirmish :( Anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
SeekSomethingNew
post Feb 3 2008, 05:08 PM
Post #2

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 208
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

Upload the except.txt to here please: http://www.tiberiumweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2638

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:04 PM

XGhozt.com