post Jul 27 2008, 02:49 AM
Post #1

Rocket Infantry
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,158
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

After the previous Scrin missions, I assumed this would be the same; a breeze. I was wrong, however. After recapturing the base, the Scrin just pour over the bridge. There's no stopping them! Sure, the sonic emitters are effective for a while, but no matter how hard I try to keep them operational, they still destroy them either with ground units or air support. Seriously, I had three additional emitters protecting my end of the bridge at one time and they still broke through. Repairing these emitters puts a stranglehold on my budget, meaning no reinforcements. I could sell my emitters, but at that point what would be the use? There is just no end to the flood of Scrin!

Got any tips for me?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
KingByng
post Jul 27 2008, 05:13 AM
Post #2

Cyborg
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 869
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

Get a second harvester running, and build emitter all along the end of the bridge. Then build an airfield and fill it with Firehawks, and have the Firehawks armed with air-to-air missiles. Use the emitters and infantry to deal with the Scrin land forces, until you have enough money for another airfield. Fill that one with Firehawks as well, but this time with air-to-ground bombs. Use the Firehawks to keep the enemy at bay whilst you build up a fighting force of zone troopers and a commando, and send them across the river at the top of the map. It shouldn't be too difficult to eliminate the target buildings, so send the commando to deal with the buildings as the zone troopers cover him.

I've beaten it on Hard, and that was my strategy. It may also be prudent to get a third harvester running, to help bring in funds for the emitter upkeep.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:16 PM

XGhozt.com