IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Random Crash Error (Ingame), I had many reasons.
Devastator
post Aug 1 2010, 09:40 PM
Post #1

Commando
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,799
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

So I began to work on an old map called Restless Souls which some of you may have seen. It had 0 replies. Now it is going to be part of a mod I am soon to post. It'll have triggers because using this progam (none of you whould have interest in)I learned a lot about "Events" which is how the program used "Triggers" It had nothing to do with TS or C&C for that matter. It helped me understand triggers better when I finally opened up FinalSun.

So I began to play TS like I normally do. I have TFD. Choosing Firestorm, I chose the map. I just edited the map. All I did was add a few Ion Storm triggers and a crystal cliff. This map is nearing completion. Main problem is, it loads all of the lines. As soon as it loads, I get sent back to my desktop and the game is shut off. Thats when I thought, "Maybe Aro's TSUMP is causing this." I thought that because I have Firestorm, but his UMP includes all Firestorm features so I thought that it overides Firestorm's features. But that isn't the problem.

Then I thought that my Ion Storm triggers were messed up. Maybe they are. Maybe a professional mapper could check for me as it is my first true time dealing with triggers. Any help would be appreciated. smile.gif
Attached File  Messed_up.zip ( 69.22K ) Number of downloads: 269

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
Ixith
post Aug 1 2010, 10:56 PM
Post #2

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Member No.: 27
Alliance: Nod

well if I had to guess at first glance it would be the WakeUp! trigger.

Reasoning:
1-it has a house specified in the Trigger options area, though this doesn't always cause problems in this case it might as it's telling all GDI forces to exit sleep mode which in the case of multiple GDI houses it might crash the game similar to how placing structures and giving them to a house would.
2-No event is listed for it
3-never used the Wake Up all Sleepers actions myself so unless anyone else has there could be a chance that it's a broken action. though i don't think that would cause the IE.

one other thing that may cause it but i can't remember if it does or not is that in the upper right area, on the other side of the bridge as the player start location, you have a building on a slope.

now...other input for the ion storm triggers...

you don't really need a Storm End trigger that uses action #45 Ion Storm Stop as it's action as the Ion Storm Start action using a parameter will cause the Ion Storm to last for X amount of ingame ticks, X being the amount specified in the parameter. I forget the ingame ticks to real life minutes ratio but i wanna say 600 ticks is like 5 minutes or something like that.

By just using the Ion Storm Start action you cut down on the complexity of needing another trigger and attaching it to the first one. (Which i wouldn't think you'd need to do anyways)
As it stands right now the start and stop of the ion storm are firing at the same time which may also be a cause to your problem and they aren't exactly firing right off the bat but are firing pretty close to game start as you have it now.

--------------------

Devastator
post Aug 2 2010, 01:16 AM
Post #3

Commando
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,799
Alliance: GDI

-I changed the WakeUp! trigger's house to Neutral.

-Moved the building off the slope.

-And changed the Storm End trigger with your advice.

But the problem still stands. Perhaps I should recreate the Ion Storm triggers just in case I missed something important. But you would've pointed that out correct? This problem started after I created the Ion Storm triggers. Test it out for yourself, you'll see what I mean.

--------------------

Rampastring
post Aug 2 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #4

Tick Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 957
Alliance: Nod

Does the game create an except.txt when it crashes? If so, you could probably post it here (although I can't help much unless it's some common error).

I might be able to look at the map later though.

This post has been edited by ^Rampastein: Aug 2 2010, 06:23 PM

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:34 PM

XGhozt.com