Acidulantes
post Aug 26 2009, 11:57 AM
Post #1

Technician
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,626
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

Hi there, I recently found my old copy of Tiberian sun, and got it running, but Im missing my old map files since Im on a different computer. I was wondering if any of you guys can help me out.

The one Im looking for is called something along the lines of GDI or GDI1, basically you started in the corner of the map inside a small enclosed space because outside of the walls were these things that destroyed your units and buildings, they were like spiders or bugs or something, not to sure. You had to make it to the middle to get to the tiberium too since there wasnt any inside your small starting bit. Any help?

I do remember when I used to set up online games with it a lot of people left because of the map so Im guessing its quite a famous one, I just dont remember the name so I havent been able to look to download it anywhere. If you know it and have a link that would be superb. Thanks a lot.
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
Ixith
post Aug 26 2009, 10:23 PM
Post #2

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Member No.: 27
Alliance: Nod

hrmm sounds like a flat, bland, and symmetrical visceroid map. As for where you could find it I have no idea as I never played that kind of map. However, Team Black might know which one you're referring to as I know he included some like that in a map pack he put together somewhere.

However, you could provide more details such as:
-how many players?
-roughly how big of a map? (small, medium, large)

or any other questions you or others might be able to come up with that would provide more details on just what the map was. As that would help identify it.

--------------------

Acidulantes
post Aug 27 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #3

Technician
Group Icon

Id say only 4 players since you started in the corners and worked your way to the tiberium in the middle. I wouldnt be able to guess the size though since Ive only just started playing it again I dont remember the scales of maps. There were a few other maps in the pack I think, it came with a few unit and building modifications too. The watch towers were available for NOD and they had guns too. Thats pretty much all I can remember though, thanks for your help.

More about the map, it definitely had GDI in its name, and its name was very short. GDI may be all it is. The ground was all brown, I dont think there were any craters, nothing too big if there was, and the walls that kept you in were the dark grey metal ones rather than the concrete ones you get with GDI. There was some other thing that you built towards aswell but I dont know how to explain it well, it was a living thing growing out of the ground which you could build on and get energy, or money I dont know which.

This post has been edited by Acidulantes: Aug 27 2009, 12:53 PM

Bittah Commander
post Aug 27 2009, 08:02 PM
Post #4

Forum Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 5
Alliance: GDI

Here you go smile.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  DX52VISC.zip ( 4.81K ) Number of downloads: 133

--------------------

Acidulantes
post Aug 27 2009, 08:35 PM
Post #5

Technician
Group Icon

Brilliant! Thanks so much. Really, thank you.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:42 PM

XGhozt.com