post Oct 26 2010, 01:58 AM
Post #1

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 27
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

told ya it wouldn't be long for a slightly larger one...

Name: Island of Mercanf
Map Maker: Ixith
Map Size: 100X100
Players: 2-3
Theatre: Temperate
Info: This map is a medium sized 3 player map that offers many routes and areas for strategic advantages. Each player has 3 tiberium fields fairly close by but will have to scavenge or infiltrate the Island of Mercanf to gain access to more funds. Triggers are plentiful and should provide you with a bit more fun as you play. This is map 32 in the Ixith release line, so Have fun with it! wink1.gif

Story: The thriving town of Mercanf was a perfect target for Nod to harvest recruits from. GDI had long sense left the area as they had bigger cities to protect, however after some time had passed a Mutant Militia eyed the protection in which the coastal island nearby gave. Their only obstacle was Nod...but with perseverance the Mutants successfully raided the Nod base and killed everyone who followed them in the area. With the spoils of their raid the mutants were able to set up and poorly fortify the island. However, the area has become a battle ground between the commanders of war and those who seek the riches of tiberium...

the good stuff:

Attached Image
the minimap

Attached Image
the crumbly city of mercanf

Attached Image
me f*cking around building a semi-planned 2ndary base

Attached Image
a town area...imma shootin' yur churches!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Island_of_Mercanf__2_3_.zip ( 195.65K ) Number of downloads: 307

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
2kool4u526
post Oct 26 2010, 03:31 AM
Post #2

Attack Buggy
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,553
Alliance: CABAL

Another excellent map from Ixith
I like it it has a good atmosphere, scattered tiberium
I also like the triggers and bilboards
(LOL you have also seen teh bed intruder!?!?!?!)

--------------------
Transferring Files...
Initiating, Please stand by...

Welcome
       to the
BOT DESTROYERv 5.26
(GAMEZER EDITION)

Rampastring
post Oct 26 2010, 03:38 PM
Post #3

Tick Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 957

Hm, 3 players is still quite small although it's already much more fun than with two players. I think I'll play it and give a short review someday.

This map must've been WIP for a long time btw, I remember hearing this name "Island of Mercanf" first time about a year ago.

This post has been edited by ^Rampastein: Oct 26 2010, 05:18 PM

--------------------

Team Black
post Oct 27 2010, 01:32 AM
Post #4

Core Defender
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 123
Alliance: GDI

Despite my personal peeve against odd-number player maps, I really like this. I've given it a good look over in FS and it's got some great features. Good triggers, and love the billboard names, haha!

Super props for pumping out these maps lately, makes me want to open up FS and make a few of m own (that is, if I didn't have college and everything as my #1 priority.. )

I'm going to wait for a bit more feedback before spotlighting - the LAST time I insta-spotlighted, everyone blew up at me tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Team Black: Oct 27 2010, 01:34 AM

--------------------

Ixith
post Oct 28 2010, 12:15 AM
Post #5

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Member No.: 27

QUOTE (2kool4u526 @ Oct 25 2010, 11:31 PM) *
Another excellent map from Ixith
I like it it has a good atmosphere, scattered tiberium
I also like the triggers and bilboards
(LOL you have also seen teh bed intruder!?!?!?!)

thanks, and yes i have seen the bed intruder thing...many...many ...times x]

QUOTE (^Rampastein @ Oct 26 2010, 11:38 AM) *
Hm, 3 players is still quite small although it's already much more fun than with two players. I think I'll play it and give a short review someday.

This map must've been WIP for a long time btw, I remember hearing this name "Island of Mercanf" first time about a year ago.

yea it is still quite small...i only said the next one was gonna be a bit bigger than the last tongue.gif
and yea it has been WIP for a long time. Jul 25 2009, 07:49 PM, that's the thread date on it's original WIP topic here. So nearly a year and a half. Sadly I have others sitting around that date back even longer, the oldest one that i posted anything about had it's first post all the way back on...Feb 7 2007, 10:52 PM. x] This one sat around with it's terrain essentially done but i couldn't decide on some things. I didn't really like the name originally either...but after it sat for over a year with that as it's name i just couldn't find anything better for it. lol

QUOTE (Team Black @ Oct 26 2010, 09:32 PM) *
Despite my personal peeve against odd-number player maps, I really like this. I've given it a good look over in FS and it's got some great features. Good triggers, and love the billboard names, haha!

Super props for pumping out these maps lately, makes me want to open up FS and make a few of m own (that is, if I didn't have college and everything as my #1 priority.. )

I'm going to wait for a bit more feedback before spotlighting - the LAST time I insta-spotlighted, everyone blew up at me tongue.gif

lol more feedback would be nice regardless. x] but yea i agree wait on it see if there is anything then decide. and yea...i hard a small spark of motivation...but i don't think any more are coming for awhile especially not one of my 2 8 player ones...but yea, there's a few that are kinda in their final terrain stages and just need a few triggers here and there. I'll probably have another spurt 6 months from now when i put out 2 or 3 more.

finally what's so bad about odd player maps? they're fun! It allows me to play around with player start locations as i'm kinda typical in that i place them in some kind of obvious fairly equally distanced spots and what not. LOL (so like 4 players...roughly 4 corners or in between the corners. LOL )

--------------------

Rampastring
post Oct 28 2010, 08:57 AM
Post #6

Tick Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 957

I'd say spotlight it. The lighting is great and the layout is good too (although you could use those cliff slope pieces directly instead of using destroyable cliffs, since the AI doesn't understand to destroy them.. but that's just my opinion as an AI coder).

Remember this:
QUOTE (http://www.tiberiumweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2237&st=0&p=25984&#entry25984)
If theres a civilian Array on the map, you have to capture it XD

Very nice triggers and hidden stuff, not going to tell more about them so I won't spoil anything for new players wink1.gif

This post has been edited by ^Rampastein: Oct 28 2010, 04:37 PM

--------------------

Team Black
post Oct 28 2010, 03:01 PM
Post #7

Core Defender
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 123
Alliance: GDI

well I like even maps because it adds the option of having teamplay, I don't like FFA games much

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:40 PM

XGhozt.com