Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

lolwat?!

Name: FS Hells Crevice
Map Maker: Ixith
Map Size: 90X75
Players: 2
Theatre: Temperate Mutated
Info: This map is a fairly mutated and deserted area. There is an abundance of tiberium pits and veins however, the green tiberium is worth roughly half of what it is normally worth but the growth and spread is a bit faster. Blue Tiberium on the other hand is worth nearly double its normal amount making it much more worth the harvest...but it is very limited and only has 2 sources of renewal. You'll find that green tib is also created through the many meteors that scar this battle map. This will be my 31st release...so have fun. wink1.gif

Story: Hell's Crevice, once a nice sight seeing area in which you could take the crevice road and be astounded by the vast canyon walls and the tranquility of the lands. But now if you wandered through it you'd probably just end up dead though maybe if you're lucky you'd get to see one of GDI's awe inspiring orca transports fly over head...well the kids might find it exciting..but shame on you if you bring kids here to such a desolate land! Anyways, the infection of tiberium on these lands has made it a fairly ripe battle field for the commanders of war...

oh and as a side note...it's October 15th 2010...and for WestWood...it be their 25th year. So Happy Anniversary WestWood.

EDIT: It seems i forgot to add in the Tiberium list so that the game would read the edits to value, spread, and growth i made. So i have updated the download file with a new copy that has the Tiberium list on the map file and I also added in the unit lighting thing i typically add in so that certain units don't stand out too much on darker maps.

annd the good stuff...

Attached Image
the minimap...(sorry forgot this at first)

Attached Image
a northern area...

Attached Image
a pit of despair!!!...well...yea...veins, green tib, fiends, and floaters (which spawn)

Attached Image
the center...you might want this area... oh and yea..that's the ion storm lighting
Attached File(s)
Attached File  FS_Hells_Crevice__2_.zip ( 141.61K ) Number of downloads: 232

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
Devastator
post Oct 15 2010, 11:02 PM
Post #2

Commando
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,799
Alliance: GDI

I like it. Nice to see a comeback from you and you picked the right day.

Gameplay=9/10
The meteor storm and ion storm triggers were exciting. Fun to play on.

Lighting=10/10
Now that's proper use of lighting. (Especially on a Mutated Map)

Design=10/10
I love this kind of design. (The player locations and passages to the bases are pretty much the same only mirrored on the opposite side)

Chance of Spotlight=9.5/10
Almost an absolute spotlight. Great work Ixith, 9.5/10 is your total score.

--------------------

Team Black
post Oct 16 2010, 01:53 AM
Post #3

Core Defender
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 123

woah THIS is a surprise!
Ixith comes OUT OF NOWHERE!! downloaded. I like these pics; good eye candy, good lighting, and detail..
Next time I'm on MSN and/or TS I'll find someone and give it a spin

congrats on getting on Westwood's facebook page as well - gave us a little recognition.

--------------------

Ixith
post Oct 16 2010, 03:05 AM
Post #4

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Member No.: 27

QUOTE (Team Black @ Oct 15 2010, 09:53 PM) *
congrats on getting on Westwood's facebook page as well - gave us a little recognition.

that was part of the plan...i figured it'd be a good way to toss down a new map and perchance catch the eye of some other people and bring them into the community and at the very least, start them off here. Shame though that it wasn't one of the bigger maps i'm slowly working on but it was still a decent one. lol

also let me know what you think after you've gotten a chance to play it.

@ Devestator, thanks for the feedback. I tried to fill it with meteors but also without over doing it...
i think i may have overdone it a bit but it was suppose to represent a chaotic environment. Though there were a few other triggers here and there. There's also some fun things as i tend to always be implementing now. In this case Billy Bob's Harvestor school made an appearance along with Billy Bob. x]

finally I forgot to mention it's probably best to play it against a level 2 AI since anything lower tends to get eaten by the veins and the tiny amounts of tiberium life that is there and makes it a bit boring.
Also i'll be posting this on PPM in a couple days. Figured i'd give a grace period for exclusiveness for here.

EDIT: Added minimap to top of the pictures of the first post. Kinda forgot it at first. lol

--------------------

Ixith
post Oct 18 2010, 03:10 PM
Post #5

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

making a double post just to notify that:
It seems i forgot to add in the Tiberium list so that the game would read the edits to value, spread, and growth i made. So i have updated the download file with a new copy that has the Tiberium list on the map file and I also added in the unit lighting thing i typically add in so that certain units don't stand out too much on darker maps.
Thanks to LKO for bringing it up that the values don't get read normally and to Ordosherrscher for reminding that the Tiberium list thing needs to be on the map. (happened over at PPM of course...)

--------------------

Devastator
post Oct 24 2010, 12:02 AM
Post #6

Commando
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,799

The player locations are too small imo. But I build huge bases.

--------------------

Rampastring
post Oct 24 2010, 10:06 AM
Post #7

Tick Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 957

Great work as usually, but I'm waiting for your larger maps.

--------------------

Ixith
post Oct 25 2010, 01:14 AM
Post #8

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

QUOTE (Devastator @ Oct 23 2010, 08:02 PM) *
The player locations are too small imo. But I build huge bases.

hrmm yea, i found them to be just big enough for everything a tech 10 base truly needed but to be limited at the same time. Then it adds in the challenge of an ion storm hitting before you can probably fill all the space and ion storms tend to demolish the ground a bit. wink1.gif which i found fun....kinda forces you to lay pavement to secure your building grounds.

QUOTE (^Rampastein @ Oct 24 2010, 06:06 AM) *
Great work as usually, but I'm waiting for your larger maps.

ah yea...i do a little work here and there on my larger ones out there but typically get bored and have to do something else. Seems anymore i can't work on a single map for too long. Hence why i have so many WIPs and slow progress. But...a slightly larger one than this will be hitting soon probably...i personally really like it's layout too...but...we'll see...

--------------------

Team Black
post Oct 27 2010, 01:15 AM
Post #9

Core Defender
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 123

I don't think anyone would object to a spotlight?

--------------------

Aro
post Oct 27 2010, 11:32 PM
Post #10

Cyborg Commando
Group Icon

Member No.: 314

Of course not.

--------------------
Aro - Leader of Twisted Insurrection and Evolution.

Tiberian Sun: UMP
Tiberian Sun: Modding Tools
Tiberian Sun: Mapping Tools

"Aro is OP." - TiberianFuture
"Aro for Dictator!" - Droke
"Aro for President!" - CL4ymOr3
"You're Aro, you always win." - daTS
"He's referred to as The Aro because he really is that f*cking awesome!" - Fenring
"Only members of the A.R.O. Society are allowed to use :WAT and related terms (TAW:, :BIGV, etc.)." - Crimsonum
"To Aro, founder and leader of TI, the best public relations and mod manager, great friend, modder and mapper." - Lin Kuei Ominae

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:05 PM

XGhozt.com