post Feb 8 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #1

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 27
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

So I wasn't sure where to put this since it's not art as in graphics so didn't think it would belong in the Graphics Fridge then figured it's fun but it's still somewhat serious...sooo figured it fit best here in the General Discussion.
Anyways....

Well I have been working on learning FL Studio 8 and it's been quite fun to mess around in. So here is my 2nd work that is still under development. It still needs more meat to it so I'll be creating more patterns to add to it along with learning how to do other things.

Song Name: No Name as of yet...I am open to some suggestions of course
Length: Around 53 seconds currently I believe...want to make it around 2-3 minutes by the time it's done.
Instrumentation: Flute (parts 1 and 2), Brass/French Horn, Bells, Snare drum, bass drum, crash cymbal.
Development of Song: The theme was based around a pattern i made for the bells but that quickly changed to the 2nd flute part. From there I gave the same part of the flute to the Brass and then changed up the 2nd flute part and later added a 1st flute which comes in later on and is the higher pitched one. The bells now just add a nice ambiance as they leave a ringing sound.

Anyways tell me what you think and leave me some feedback of what I can get better with...I'm sure I can learn how eventually.

Attached File  project_1_flute_bells_and_brass.mp3 ( 1.61MB ) Number of downloads: 277

An updated version of the song. I added in a new bit.

Attached File  project_1_flute_bells_and_brass_addition.mp3 ( 2.74MB ) Number of downloads: 254

*this is also a test to see if music works here...and it seems that it simply links to another page which plays it...so that works...not as good as the PPM thing but meh it works...*

Also 6 pieces of my work with FL studio will be able to be found:
Here at my myspace music profile
The song called "Creepy Bells" is the song I had posted at PPM. Then the other song "Trumpet and Flute duet" is the work between Creepy Bells and this one I just posted. All other works on there were just real quick mess around things that I did like the first week I had FL Studio.

EDIT: Added an updated version!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
Roani52
post Feb 9 2009, 01:56 PM
Post #2

Artillery
Group Icon

Member No.: 90
Alliance: GDI

It's cool... FL is pretty hard program to work with, because it has thousands of options and settings, but it's cool.
It is good for actually any music style.

I've been messing a little bit around with FL as well, and I made a trance song of about 12 minutes, 26MB. Too large to upload it here.

--------------------

/\ TY Bittah! /\

If you've X-Fire... Just add me If you join 'WhatPulse', also join 'Alpha Squad'!!! (My Profile: 'Here')

"Computers crash, people die and relationships fall apart. The only thing you can do is taking a deep breath and reboot"

Ixith
post Feb 12 2009, 05:09 AM
Post #3

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Thanks for the comment.

And yea FL Studio is an awesome program that allows for various musical sounds to be achieved...sadly it's hard to get really good real sounding concert band instruments but hey it is just a program after all. It certainly is fun to mess around with. Though sadly I'm learning slowly due to time constraints and what not.

--------------------

Ixith
post Feb 14 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #4

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Update:
added an updated version of the song. It's the 2nd link now. It only have a little new section added into it but I like it.

Again give me comments!

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:03 PM

XGhozt.com