post Jun 28 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #1

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

Over a year has passed since it's inactivity began. But today, Blacksilence announced the mod will be restarted and that it will actually be completed!

Yes i'm restarting this mod and now promise to compleet it

Its not dead yet.

I have the vacation the work on this mod.

And some where in august we get the first new updates.

It's great to see some activity in our Hosted Mods section again, and hopefully it picks back up even more in the future. So hop on board and join us!

Announcement Thread -- TS:V Forum

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
Crash
post Jun 30 2009, 10:09 PM
Post #2

Ghost Stalker
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 173

I dare say this is wishful thinking at its best.

Completing a mod requires a collosal amount of effort and self-discipline when the forums (and mostly modding itself) are so dead. In the end, it's better to face the fact that just picking up a less die-able hobby and ditching a mod that probably won't be completed anyway requires much less effort and is a lot more satisfying.

--------------------
Perfection can never be achieved; it's merely approachable.

Roani52
post Jul 1 2009, 09:02 PM
Post #3

Artillery
Group Icon

Member No.: 90
Alliance: GDI

Ah... C'mon! Don't be such a pessimist! Give it a chance!
Who knows what the result might be.....

--------------------

/\ TY Bittah! /\

If you've X-Fire... Just add me If you join 'WhatPulse', also join 'Alpha Squad'!!! (My Profile: 'Here')

"Computers crash, people die and relationships fall apart. The only thing you can do is taking a deep breath and reboot"

Blacksilence
post Jul 1 2009, 09:44 PM
Post #4

Light Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 67

Crash there 2 reasons i quited modding and its not that i not can't finish this mod.

Reason 1,

I was very busy with my exams that year. I think for myself that my personal life and career is more important then this mod.

Reason 2, My computer crashed to many time's and lost most precious code. That was a pain in the butt. Because i didn't backed it up. That was very stupid of me sad.gif

Ooh and mayby third if you wanna help just reply on the forums.

So this forum can be proud on one mod finished here

Kind regards blacksilence

--------------------

Thanks bittah for the sig .
Love MLRS, its the worlds most dangerous artillery.
Tibweb forum Mod Leader of VENGEANCE
TS/V Trailer Progress 20%
The Explosion Expert

Crash
post Jul 9 2009, 04:53 PM
Post #5

Ghost Stalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 173

Ah... C'mon! Don't be such a pessimist! Give it a chance!
Who knows what the result might be.....

I'm not being pessimistic, I'm being realistic. I do give it a chance, but finishing a mod requires a huge amount of effort. You are 100% free to prove me wrong. If you do prove me wrong, congratulations! However, I still do not think it's worth the effort.

Reply to Blacksilence: I might take some time to wander around here from time to time, but I have mostly moved on.

--------------------
Perfection can never be achieved; it's merely approachable.

Aro
post Jul 20 2009, 06:18 AM
Post #6

Cyborg Commando
Group Icon

Member No.: 314

Sorry to bump, but:

Completing a mod requires a collosal amount of effort and self-discipline when the forums (and mostly modding itself) are so dead. In the end, it's better to face the fact that just picking up a less die-able hobby and ditching a mod that probably won't be completed anyway requires much less effort and is a lot more satisfying.

TS Modding is not dead yet, it's still going pretty damn strong. While this forum may not be crawling with activity, that doesn't mean modding in general is dead. Just check out PPM's mod announcement section and even the pre-alpha sections. I think 40+ TS mods still going (while only about 5 of them are decent) is proof enough that TS modding isn't dying, especially when there are more TS mods going than there are YR mods (which is a fresher engine).

I'm not being pessimistic, I'm being realistic. I do give it a chance, but finishing a mod requires a huge amount of effort. You are 100% free to prove me wrong. If you do prove me wrong, congratulations! However, I still do not think it's worth the effort.

There is never a set time for finishing a mod, that depends entirely on the mods goal. Mods like Twisted Insurrection, Rise of Omnius and Tiberian Odyssey do require lots of effort as the goals for those mods are set much higher (replacing just about everything). Well planned out mods do require much effort, but that shouldn't put someone off. People seem to forget that this is a hobby, and even if people around the world are gradually losing interest, that doesn't mean everyone else should just stop making mods.

--------------------
Aro - Leader of Twisted Insurrection and Evolution.

Tiberian Sun: UMP
Tiberian Sun: Modding Tools
Tiberian Sun: Mapping Tools

"Aro is OP." - TiberianFuture
"Aro for Dictator!" - Droke
"Aro for President!" - CL4ymOr3
"You're Aro, you always win." - daTS
"He's referred to as The Aro because he really is that f*cking awesome!" - Fenring
"Only members of the A.R.O. Society are allowed to use :WAT and related terms (TAW:, :BIGV, etc.)." - Crimsonum
"To Aro, founder and leader of TI, the best public relations and mod manager, great friend, modder and mapper." - Lin Kuei Ominae

Team Black
post Jul 20 2009, 02:14 PM
Post #7

Core Defender
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 123
Alliance: GDI

I'm looking forward to seeing TSV get back to life

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:52 PM

XGhozt.com