post Jun 9 2007, 11:42 AM
Post #1

Flame Tank
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 40
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

I have made the decision to liquidate (shut down) TS: Callisto, and maybe using the material for TS: Rise of Omnius or Tiberian Odyssey, or just for my personal projects. The straight fact is, I have had no time to work on Callisto for ages now. I have always blamed this on my exams, and before that the mock exams etc..., but I seriously just don't think Callisto has the strength to continue. I hesitate before opening modding tools, and I really am not getting the same things out of it that I got when I started the project. Then it was learning, it was discovery, I was pushing the boundaries further than anyone else (that I knew anyway - old tricks that have been known for ages were still new for me). I still am, but with other things, like research into the exe, programming and other non-modding trhings. All this leaves me with little incentive to do the more trivial things (modding properly). I keep putting off the mod, finding things to blame, but the truth is, I just don't feel that Callisto can continue.

A part of me still wants Callisto to survive, and it will, but more as what it started out to be - just a mod that I can stick my work into, something I can call "mine". If I do ever make it public, that is what it will be, and it will be launched along with a post announcing my leaving the community. I hope that day does not come soon - I really don't want TS modding to die, in me or anyone else.

But yeah. Its a grim decision. I planned to re-start Callisto after my exams (get a new team together, dig up the old files and really get going into it) but with only 4 exams left now I am getting closer to that time, and really do not see it happening.

Obviously I will still be doing what I have always done here, but I think my focus is better shifted towards assisting in the development of other mods - it allows me to do what I want, without messing with the stuff I dont want to do.

So yes. I will release details on what will be happening to Callisto's assets at a later time, after I have seen who wants what etc...
I may pass the mod on to Nimron, the only remaining member of the TSC team (Derox left the community ages back). It depends.

cry.gif

--------------------

Fluent in |3375p3k, 68 65 78 65 64 65 63 69 6d 61 6c, ebg13, -- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. . --..-- and 01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 0111100100101110
(Whoever translates that gets nothing, just +1 on thier geek score)
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:50 AM

XGhozt.com