Post #1

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 208
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

HyperPatch Development Discussion #0002

Topic Theme: Debug File Logging and other features to help modders test builds...

This topic is about re enabling the debug logging feature what Westwood programmers used to monitor certain aspects of the game. Westwood orignaly had this logic hooked upto a 14" monitor next to the main monitor of the system, but in HyperPatch, it will write this information into a file called DEBUG.TXT in the same directory as the HyperPatch executable.

This features logs many, many things from the game, and can be helpful to the modder testing new edits.

What i want to get a hold of in this topic is what additions to this would you like to be logged in the file? And what other features would you like added to the game to allow some tasks to be done much quicker?

Example would be a reveal shroud keyboard shortcut command, so when you start a game, the shroud is cleared, or a feature where if you where testing a new super weapon, pressing a keyboard shortcut would grant you this. Of course you can put this in the RULES.INI so these features are dissabled when the mod build is finished.

-Hyper

This post has been edited by CCHyper: Aug 3 2009, 12:11 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
SeekSomethingNew
post Aug 2 2009, 10:46 PM
Post #2

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 208
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

HyperPatch will have all logic's and code disabled by defualt, the reason why i disable online and network games in debug mode is so people will not complain to me if they come across any problems, it just covers my back. And as for disabling campaign in debug mode is that the debug options could also interfere with global scenario values, skirmish is good enough to test smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:15 PM

XGhozt.com