post Nov 26 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #31

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 27
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

It is not an ally. The area would most likely be (and I would know since I am the map maker tongue.gif) an area in which a building was torn down and thus the foundation was paved over and plans were perhaps made for a future use. Sure I didn't say that but if Crashking needs a reason there it be.

Especially not with a building's front towards it.

this however reopens the argument.
But seriously just because there are light posts on one side of a building that you can see on a 2d engine doesn't mean that they aren't on the other side of that building. I mean honestly you can't see the other side so how do you know whats on there or what the front truly is. Hell the other side could have a huge grand opening doors that says ENTER HERE or FRONT DOOR for all you know. wink1.gif (ok a little extreme case that is highly unlikely but hey you never know. and yes this is more of a restating of my view on this however if the other view gets said again I just feel I need to say mine again. )

now lets stop this discussion as the most valid points for both sides have been said and repeated.

soo any more comments for this here map?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
KingByng
post Nov 27 2007, 01:55 AM
Post #32

Cyborg
Group Icon

Member No.: 869
Alliance: GDI

And the fabled Ixithland continues its ever-increasing expansion of spotlights! Another amazing map (from what I can tell in Final Sun). Will play tonight and tomorrow and then give a review after I go comp-stomping.

EDIT: Ok, I need to ask... was this a typo or what the hell is it?
Attached Image

I need to know confused1.gif

This post has been edited by BlackieChan: Nov 27 2007, 02:50 AM

--------------------

Ixith
post Nov 27 2007, 03:14 AM
Post #33

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Member No.: 27

nope no typo there. tongue.gif

SE is RO only means that well....Special Edition is for TS: Rise of Omnius Only. wink1.gif also if you notice the sign on the island between the waterfalls with the civi array says something along the lines of "For SE use only" or For Special Edition Use only. smile.gif

--------------------

Team Black
post Nov 27 2007, 04:59 AM
Post #34

Core Defender
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 123

You should've written it out Ix

--------------------

Aro
post Nov 27 2007, 05:45 AM
Post #35

Cyborg Commando
Group Icon

Member No.: 314

It's too long, it'd of been cut down by the game, hence why it was abbreviated. You should look at some of the billboard in Twisted Insurrection, Team Black. You'll see what i mean. tongue.gif

--------------------
Aro - Leader of Twisted Insurrection and Evolution.

Tiberian Sun: UMP
Tiberian Sun: Modding Tools
Tiberian Sun: Mapping Tools

"Aro is OP." - TiberianFuture
"Aro for Dictator!" - Droke
"Aro for President!" - CL4ymOr3
"You're Aro, you always win." - daTS
"He's referred to as The Aro because he really is that f*cking awesome!" - Fenring
"Only members of the A.R.O. Society are allowed to use :WAT and related terms (TAW:, :BIGV, etc.)." - Crimsonum
"To Aro, founder and leader of TI, the best public relations and mod manager, great friend, modder and mapper." - Lin Kuei Ominae

KingByng
post Nov 27 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #36

Cyborg
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ixith @ Nov 26 2007, 10:14 PM) *
nope no typo there. tongue.gif

SE is RO only means that well....Special Edition is for TS: Rise of Omnius Only. wink1.gif also if you notice the sign on the island between the waterfalls with the civi array says something along the lines of "For SE use only" or For Special Edition Use only. smile.gif

Oh ok then. Thanks for clearing that up smile.gif

--------------------

Rampastring
post Nov 28 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #37

Tick Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 957

I have a few comments for you!

I think that the day/night loop was a bit too fast. The lighting changed after a few minutes of gameplay, which was a bit foolish IMO.
A bit slower would've been fine though. The yellow light post's light became a bit blocky at night, but the blockyness wasn't too easily visible.

The tiberium was very greatly placed (although sometimes my harvesters didn't find tiberium near my base and they went to near my enemies' bases, and got killed by some defensive structures). I had to start harvesting all the three tiberium fields which were near my base to get enough tiberium.
I think this would have been a bit better if there would have been some tiberium between the players (something to fight for).

Defending against normal ground rushes was kinda easy. Homever, defending became a bit more challenging when the AI decided to put some artillery in the high ground at the other side of the bridges going to my base, while making massive 60-infantry rushes at the same time. Although the artillery attacks failed after I built 2 banshees.

I could also make my base very easy to defend by destroying the bridges, but after I did it became harder to access tiberium.

The cities looked nice. The only negative thing I can say about them was that the cities looked really living, while there wasn't much traffic.
More traffic would've made it even better.

A nice effect would've been if the traffic would've stopped after some hours of playing. Aren't you a bit scared to drive when there are 30 tick tanks next to your car? =P

Anyways, it's a great map. smile.gif

--------------------

KingByng
post Nov 28 2007, 08:17 PM
Post #38

Cyborg
Group Icon

Well after a long time playing against 3 level 1 a.i.s, I think I can give a review now.

The first thing I'll bring up is the lighting. I don't know why all these people are complaining about the lighting. I thought that the lighting was excellent. The blue gave it a very nice touch. I didn't even notice that yellow. The day/night loop was excellent as well. I really like the lighting. The only thing wrong is that I can't really see anything at the very top of my screen when it gets dark (But maybe because I have a 20" LCD monitor by Samsung and I sorta slouch in the chair when I play confused.gif).

The next thing I'll comment on is the tiberium. Again, I don't know why people are complaining. There wasn't too much, and there wasn't too little. It was at the Goldilocks level. I never ran out of cash (But that maybe because I have modded the game so that I can start with 30,000 credits, very useful. I only start with 15,000-20,000 though). Very good placement, with good lighting for it as well.

Now for the civilians. Once again, why do people complain? The towns were built like New York City (more so Manhattan, the Bronx and Queens are just messed with layout pinch.gif ). The roads are straight, with a mix up of buildings, abandoned and occupied (again, like NYC). Very good layout IMO. I thought that there could have been a bit more traffic though, with maybe one or two vehicles driving at night (not everyone sleeps soundly). A couple people wander too far away from their little settlements, but thats alright.

Well thats I can think of right now. It is a very excellent map, well deserving of the spotlight. I might add more on this later, so stay tuned.

Aren't you a bit scared to drive when there are 30 tick tanks next to your car?

Nope tongue.gif

This post has been edited by BlackieChan: Nov 28 2007, 08:19 PM

--------------------

ORCACommander
post Nov 28 2007, 11:11 PM
Post #39

SSM Launcher
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (BlackieChan @ Nov 28 2007, 04:17 PM) *
Aren't you a bit scared to drive when there are 30 tick tanks next to your car?

Nope tongue.gif

Thats because he has a 3 stage Thermo-Nuclear device in the trunk:P

--------------------

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:15 PM

XGhozt.com