post Apr 28 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #1

Attack Buggy
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 687
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

First, is a proper remake of the starport's dropship. It's still missing the cargo bay. And it's likely that it will be transformed into a voxel for use in the campaign and maybe singleplayer, BTW this is the intended game size.

Second, this is a untextured, unfinished model. Yeah, I know it resembles a Space Marine drop pod (which wasn't on purpose BTW). It isn't a drop pod; it's a building have fun figuring to which side belongs and what purpose it has.

Third, another unfinished, untextured building. This is GDI's tiberium silo; it stores tiberium, not much to say abut it lol.gif

Fourth, I started something I said I was going to do, retexturing my 3D models. Here's the Leviathan retextured with C&C3 textures tongue.gif

Click in the image for background size tongue.gif.

BTW constructive criticism is HIGHLY appreciated.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
CommanderSpartan
post Apr 28 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #2

Cyborg
Group Icon

Member No.: 969

Dropship looks a bit too similar in style with this,

I can literally recognize signature parts of the pelican on the dropship you made, as if it was a copy and paste,
not that its bad, on the contrary I love it, due to its reseblence to the pelican.

The drop pod like structure is, uhm, unique?
Maybe a light post?
A civilian tib silo?
A power plant?
I'm not sure what it is.

The Tib silo is nice, better than anything I can make.

And the 4th is great!
But I have a question, will that mech be used ingame?

This post has been edited by CommanderSpartan: Apr 28 2008, 05:47 PM

--------------------
The one true rule of halo is Kill or be Killed.

Machine
post Apr 28 2008, 06:10 PM
Post #3

Attack Buggy
Group Icon

As I said in PPM, I used the pelican's textures; and they limited me somewhat, however I did copy features from it since it's my favorite halo design.
Also could you edit you post and have the images as URL, just to consider low bandwidth members and guests wink1.gif.
About the drop pod like structure, it isn't unique, in fact you should see it a lot in the battlefield, and it isn't anything you mentioned.
And finally, yes the mech is going to be used ingame, as GDI's primary unique unit (heavy assault/artillery support role, but weak against air and massed infantry)

--------------------

Scorch
post Apr 28 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #4

Commando
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,092

Yeah, I was going to say it WAS a Pelican dropship, untill I saw a few distinguishing features that the dropship you have lacked. And had. You should add a gun turret to the bottom or add missile pods under the wings. Those are both in the Halo universe, of course.

The untextured structure you have there looks very interesting. It could be used as a HUGE bomb of sorts.

The Tib Silo looks beautifull! Will it raise with more Tiberium stored? Though, I'm confused with the raising of the Silo itself.

That mech is awesome!

Machine
post Apr 29 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #5

Attack Buggy
Group Icon

MOAR UPDATES!!

Deploy animation for the Leviathan; I feel it's lacking something, so feedback is appreciated.

@Scorch:
The dropship is going to be used as an animation for GDI's starport, in a TD airstrip style.
So it won't have weapons, though I won't deny that I have considered making an armed version if I can get a nice airstrike superweapon ;P.

The secret building is owned by GDI, and on a side note it can't be sold, but it is buildable.

The silo was originally GDI's Outpost, a deployable building in MCV's style, it would be used as those base expansion nodes found in many RA2 mods.
But also as a strong turret which used the component tower logic and a sensor array. But I didn't like the design (the idea is still in BTW), since it looked too much like a Tiberium silo lol.gif.
The animation is something that I skipped without noticing it, it is likely going to stay, but in the opposite direction (lowering when it's getting full).

--------------------

Aro
post Apr 29 2008, 11:07 PM
Post #6

Cyborg Commando
Group Icon

Member No.: 314
Alliance: Nod

You are one talented guy, Machine. tongue.gif

--------------------
Aro - Leader of Twisted Insurrection and Evolution.

Tiberian Sun: UMP
Tiberian Sun: Modding Tools
Tiberian Sun: Mapping Tools

"Aro is OP." - TiberianFuture
"Aro for Dictator!" - Droke
"Aro for President!" - CL4ymOr3
"You're Aro, you always win." - daTS
"He's referred to as The Aro because he really is that f*cking awesome!" - Fenring
"Only members of the A.R.O. Society are allowed to use :WAT and related terms (TAW:, :BIGV, etc.)." - Crimsonum
"To Aro, founder and leader of TI, the best public relations and mod manager, great friend, modder and mapper." - Lin Kuei Ominae

CommanderSpartan
post Apr 30 2008, 01:12 AM
Post #7

Cyborg
Group Icon

Member No.: 969

HOLY HOG IN HEAVEN!!! OH MY GOD!!! I'D BE SO SCARED TO SEE THAT THING IN THE BATTLEFIELD!!!

--------------------
The one true rule of halo is Kill or be Killed.

Machine
post Apr 30 2008, 05:00 PM
Post #8

Attack Buggy
Group Icon

That beast isn't as big as the render (though if the game supported it... devil.gif). It's going to be smaller than the core defender, but bigger than the cerberus (around the size of the original leviathan lol.gif).

--------------------

Shakar
post May 2 2008, 04:11 PM
Post #9

Hum-vee
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,068
Alliance: Forgotten

Hmmm... I can't help but think that the Leviathen there resembles the Thor... And not the Mech Assult one... The deploy animation, to me, is basically almost a direct refrence to Star Craft 2, coming out soon to the unit Thor, a huge mech with arty cannons when it deploys... You know, this big ~thing~.

This post has been edited by Shakar: May 2 2008, 04:18 PM

--------------------

Current Projects:
Train Pack
Marble Madness Expansion

Finished Projects:
Urban Rush Remake

Machine
post May 2 2008, 04:46 PM
Post #10

Attack Buggy
Group Icon

You are right, it is a reference to SC2's Thor, which might get scrapped (I mean from SC2), and ATM it isn't anymore the huge unit it was supposed to be (it just a goliath with a new look), which is quite sad sad.gif.

There's info on this on PPM BTW.
The first version was made before the announcement of SC2. When the Thor came out, I figured it resembled my Leviathan (doubled dual railguns, big bipedal mech, and a similar structure), th main difference was the lack of artillery in my Leviathan and the lack of AA in the Thor. So I made a joke version (one with dual sonic cannons on the back; it's on PPM)
The first version of the Leviathan was useless and boring in gameplay (it also had an ugly shadow problem due to game limitations), you would be better massing Titans or Cerberus.
Just for fun, I tested the joke version, it was more useful and fun. Deploy and out range obelisks, destroy them; undeploy break havoc to everything else left, repeat if necessary. And it lived to the description of the unit; something that could take a base in it's own (it's an exaggeration BTW, it still has trouble with massed AT infantry). That way it replaced the original version.
Finally I tried to texture it, but he model was a mess, so I remade it (I added some "feedback" from the Thor, in it's memory, since it won't be like originally shown).

--------------------

Machine
post May 20 2008, 07:39 PM
Post #11

Attack Buggy
Group Icon

The sightly darker GDI units:

Retextured Titan:

The secret building, a chaingun turret (technically it was just the base). check the file name for a surprise, feel free to ask about it latter

Spinning GDI logo:

And new units biggrin.gif: (Yes, I used the zone trooper as a base)

GDI's Droppod Trooper (equipped with an energy cannon and a shield; I love shields tongue.gif)

GDI's Droppod Trooper (equipped with dual machineguns)

The secret building in the first post, is a "drop turret", actually just the base. There will be 3 versions of the turret (anti infantry, anti tank, and anti aircraft).

It's not an original idea, but it fits with RO's GDI, at least the main playable subfaction.
These turrets can't be sold (unless I get a SellAnimation= tag), can be placed far from the base in comparison to Nod's base defenses. Graphically they'll be launched from space (the reason for the droppod appearance). BTW if this doesn't look good graphically, I'll have them delivered by a dropship.
Finally, in relation to the turrets, they won't use the component tower logic, which will be used later for a new building (which is planned to add a new gameplay mechanic).

Off-topic: (don't expect any more big updates, like this one, for some time).
And to finish this post, yesterday's update post is probably going to be the late big update in quite a while. College is restarting after a month break, due to protests; as a result of the protests, I won't have a winter break, and probably finishing college, for this year, in early January (instead of December's first half).

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:43 PM

XGhozt.com