IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is this forumn still active ?, hope so.
THE SPLAT
post May 11 2009, 06:23 PM
Post #1

Technician
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,552
Favorite game: Tiberium Wars

hello all semi new mapper here.. am okay at scripting though am new to it for c+c 3 i am used to the sage engine mapping sytle having done it in gens and in battle for middle earth 2 which this thing seems to use alot of its scripting rules from.
anyways decided to take it slow with a remake of a nice scripted map from one other person as some of mine just dont seem to transfer online.. mm im sure theres rules ect that ea have dumped into the worldbuilder without actually letting us know about them as of much. oh well anyways seriously am better then average at mapping and would love to chat with other serious mappers.
on average a new map from scratch well the counts still on for that one. I prefer to spend my times scripting then texturing or even playing.
still its fun to test new stuff with like minded people and am looking to find a beta tester crew for any new maps i release so that i can officially release bug free stuff to the avg joe.
formerly of Istari productions mapping crew... a no longer active group focussed on the wrong game for me. still it means my stuff is usually okay.. maybe even good.
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
THE SPLAT
post May 11 2009, 06:41 PM
Post #2

Technician
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,552
Favorite game: Tiberium Wars

Side Note currently remaking a tiberian blood map which was originally made by cronoterd a while back and modded by countless individuals. I am yet another to try my hand.. however I am somewhat better then many others that have tried b4 me with the clear exception of the master mapper crono wherever you are i salute you.
Altering firstly to a ver 8 this map had many issues that needed addressing the biggest one being invalid scripts and CPU chompers that did nothing other then slow down the game.
Then i had some fun adding in new units and changing some of the basic costs of less used units.
after a few tests this was discovered to be a poor name choice as much higher number versions were out yet had much less changed then what i had done.
Luckly though i decided to play a bit and come across a map that improved the game with mild limeted changes that could easily be added and give the changes i made more depth.,
So i added in some things and changed yet again some scripts.(a mere 30-50)
getting artsy i decided to improve the look and ensure people knew i had indeed changed more then the normal.
Test two come about and i fixed a bug in the first one to ensure it was correct across all players.
An online test sadly proved to demonstrate to me how poorly my map alterations took into account those that would use the map unfairly.
Taking this map back into worldbuilder I am currently in the stage of Changing one third of its entire script sets to fix this horrible and unbalanced problem... that equates to about 150 scripts for those unfammiliar with the map.
anyways hopefully you will see my mod being played online soon once im done fixing the fairplay factor.
Keep u posted when i release version V12

Team Black
post May 11 2009, 09:01 PM
Post #3

Core Defender
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 123
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

I'll keep my eyes open. We don't have a whole ton of C&C3 mappers, though the ones we do have make some flippin sweet stuff

--------------------

Corsair
post May 12 2009, 11:26 AM
Post #4

Ghost Stalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 87
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

QUOTE (THE SPLAT @ May 11 2009, 02:41 PM) *
An online test sadly proved to demonstrate to me how poorly my map alterations took into account those that would use the map unfairly.

Yup, sounds like the internet all right lol.gif

--------------------

Epitoma Rei Militaris - Flavius Vegetius Renatus
All My Voxels - Gemini Mech

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:03 PM

XGhozt.com