Blackhand Comman...
post Sep 8 2010, 03:18 PM
Post #1

Hum-vee
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,533
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

This is a mod I'm making when I have both time and desire (so IDK if it will ever be complete). I know not very much people care about Tiberian Sun nowdays, but whatever. The goal of the mod is to enchante gameplay all ways possible. Bugfixing, new units and structures, new models and remapped old ones, more reasonable coding, hopefully new cameos, enchanted game rules are all on the list. The mod has a story like thing too, here it is:

The final battle around the Pyramid of Nod did not go exactly as well as the GDI command hoped, and Kane sucesfully launched his WAM from the near-destroyed pyramid, as well as one of the three ICBMs, nearly destroying the Philadelphia space station, leaving it heavily damaged, with no functioning communication, and even worse: the ICBM knocked out it's stabilisers, and it is only a matter of time until it falls off orbit. However, the WAM never reached it's destination. For an unknown reason -most likely the missile was damaged either in the pyramid or the GDI anti aircraft weapons which attempted to destroy it-, the missile shattered and exploded 32 miles high in the atmosphere. The detonation destroyed everything in a huge radius, both GDI and Nod forces, and some say the Prophet himself. Then the world started to turn green around the wake of the explosion.

most of the stuff are conception, the ones that beacame reality have pictures attached.

G.D.I.

Sandbags
The cheapest yet weakest barrier. On early tech levels it can enchante base defenses a great deal. Sandbags can be built like laser fences, up to a distance of four cells.
Tech Level: 2
Prerequisite(s): Barracks
Cost: 25$
Attached Image
Take cower!

Armory
The GDI Armory is a small sized weapon depo where you can give your infantrymen better training and weapons.
Tech Level: 4
Cost: 950$

Savior Light Tank
In times the GDI need a lot of armored units yet Titans are slow and costy to produce, they swarm the battlefield with these cheap and fast, yet fragile tanks. It's the best to use this vehicles in mixed groups with a few Titans.
Tech Level: 3
Prerequisite(s): GDI War Factory
Cost: 680$

Amphibious APC
I made a recolored model to replace the old, all remapable sh!t.
Attached Image
guess what: red is remap.

Mammoth Tank
Not a new version of the Mammoth Tank, but the tuned version of the vehicle used in the First Tiberium War. GDI engineers attached new, stronger armor plates, and a Tiberium-powered engine to the tank, resulting in a deadly "new" frontline unit. Unlike Disrupters, these tanks can be used with other armored units.
Tech Level: 8
Prerequisite(s): GDI War Factory, GDI Tech Center
Cost: ?

Orca Fighter
I made a new model out of the old one. It meant to be a recolor, but at the end, several features changed, resulting in a new model.
Attached Image

Orca Bomber
The Orca Bomber got a recolor and re-normalisation, resulting in a much smoother model with a blackish glass. It is possible that in the future I will make a new model out of it, like in case of the Orca Fighter.
Attached Image

EMP Bomber
This special Orca variant has a huge EMP cannon facing downwars, and the energy to make two blasts with it.
Tech Level: 9
Prerequisite(s): GDI Helipad, GDI EMP Cannon

Hyena Gunship
Hyena Gunship: The Overlord of the skies. These huge, slow, and heavily aircrafts serve the GDI air force since the first tiberium war, but only a few dosens existed, and they were used as cargo planes / troop transports. But in these desperate times, the GDI realised that if they fill it with hundreds of high explosive rockets and place a tiberium powered engine inside it, they will get a gunship, which can float in the air for days, and continously keep the Nod forces at distance. In numbers, they can tear apart a lightly defended base in minits. You build them at helipad, but once they take off, they won't land anymore.
Tech Level: 7
Prerequisite(s): GDI Helipad, GDI Tech Center
Cost: 2000$
* the coding is done, tomorrow I will do the model (;

Umagon
The secondary GDI commando, Umagon, is equiped with a very long range sniper rifle and C4 charges. Altought she has a weak armor, it allows her to run faster than any other infantry.
Tech Level: 10
Prerequisite(s): Barracks, GDI Upgrade Center
Cost: 1400$
Attached Image
Umagon and all her anims.

The Brotherhood Of Nod

Sandbags
The cheapest yet weakest barrier. On early tech levels it can enchante base defenses a great deal. Sandbags can be built like laser fences, up to a distance of four cells.
Cost: 25$
Attached Image
A laser and a Tick Tank fortifyed with sandbags

Military Hospital
The Brotherhood finally gained a method to heal wounded infantry. These hospitals work the same way as the captureable civilian hospitals do.
Tech Level: 4
Prerequisite(s): Hand Of Nod
Cost: 950$

EMP Cannon
I found a much better turret image for the EMP cannon in the original MIX files. Enjoy!
Attached Image

Devil's Tongue
I made a recolor -again- for the Devil's Tongue tank. As always, this may be altered in the future (It's the 4th version)
Attached Image

"Viper" Tank Destroyer
The perfect tool to break down tank rushes, Chameleons have 105mm cannons with specialy designed, armor piercing shells. Altought it's not the strongest unit on the battlefield, its long range, agility, speed, and the ability to cloak itself while not moving or shooting makes it a dangerous foe.
Prerequisite(s): Nod War Factory, Nod Tech Center

SAM Drone
GDI aircraft were always a problem for the Brotherhood's tank divisions. SAM Drone is a new method to secure other units from airborne attacks. Altough it cant fire on ground targets, it still can take down most aircraft in seconds.
Tech Level: 8

SSM Launcher
Nod's new artillery, the SSM is a smaller version of the ICBM Launchers known from taking down the Philadelphia.

Flamethrower
Part of the Nod's special operations brigade, these troops are outfitted with flame-proof battle armor and highly efficient flamethrowers. A bad habbit of the more experimenced soldiers is to remove the flamethrower's safety lock, thus giving it a greater range and brutal power, but it is dangerous, since the fuel tank is likely to explode when hit.
Tech level: 3
Prerequisite(s): Hand Of Nod

Chameleon Spy
The good old Chameleon Spy is back! It is stealthed, and can infiltrate a variety of buildings to gain information.
Tech Level: ?
Prerequisite(s): Hand Of Nod, Nod Tech Center
Cost: 720$
Attached Image
A Chameleon Spy and all his anims.

Civilian Structures, and units

Civilian Hospital
Civilian Hospitals are littered around on some maps. Capture one with an engineer to gain a method to heal wounded troops, and some building space around it.
Attached Image
Don't be fooled - the red cross is red only cus the remap.

Civilian Armory
Just like hospitals, these buildings can be captured too. Troops sent in will recieve a quick, yet advanced combat training, and better weapons. You can also build next to a captured armory, and hire mutants to your army.
Attached Image
Red is remap.

Civilian Array
A captureable civilian radar station, it is very useful if you play on low tech level. However, on higher tech levels it's only use is to build an outpost next to it.
Attached Image
Red is remap.

Civilian Repair bay
A capturable service depot. What did you expect?

Civilian EMP Cannon
In areas where the forgotten recently attacked heavily populated cities, local militias started constructing these huge EMP devices with the help of GDI engineers to stop the mutants or others who wished to steal the remaining supplies. However, as Tratos died, and most of the forgotten either joined the Brotherhood of Nod in thir final fight against GDI, or just left in chaos, the EMP cannons soon be abandoned. Now they are to be once again used...

Tiberium-shakers (static)
The heavy Tiberium-controll resonance devices, or as nicknamed the "Tiberium-shakers" are huge devices developed by GDI, and placed by civilian militias around remaining cities to protect them from the engrwoing tiberium, the attacks of the rogue mutant forces and tiberium lifeforms. These devices are generating harmonic resonance waves, similar what the disruptors use, but much weaker. In time, it will destroy all tiberium and tiberium based lifeforms in a large area. Destroy it to gain extra resources. Despite very effective, these devices can't be used to clean the Earth of Tiberium, thatnks to their huge power needs, and their relatively small radius of effect.

Mobile Tiberium-Shaker
The smaller and mobile version of Tiberium-controll resonance devices, they are primarily used in populated areas, to temporarily replace the damaged static ones. If its deployed, it can be captured, then be relocated, causing anger and surprise for the enemy, as you place it near their tiberium field. However, it have a much smaller effect radius than the static ones. It's a crategoodie for both sides.

CABAL Core
On some maps there will be CABAL Cores, usually heavily defended by his cyborg army, and sometimes even by firestorm walls. If you can capture one however, it will allow you to build CABAL Obeisk, Obelisk Of Darkness, and the allmighty Core Defender.

CABAL Obelisk
It have as much firepower as the Obelisk Of Light, but its much more difficult to destroy this one.
Thanks to its height, its also have better range. Needs lot-o-power. BTW its remapable.
Prerequisite(s): CABAL Core
Cost: 1700$

Obelisk Of Darkness
Also known as AA obelisk, this obelisk cant attack ground units, but its deadly to aircraft.
It requires lot of power in order to function. And its remapable.
Prerequisite(s): CABAL Core
Cost: 1900$

Core Defender
Everyone knows everything about this unit, but in this mod its much slower and weaker to make it more balanced.
Tech Level: 10
Prerequisite(s) CABAL Core
Cost: 10000$

School Bus
A School Bus can transport 20 infantry. Both GDI and Nod can get it in MP from crates.
Attached Image
Recoloured model. Red is remap.

Recreational Vehicle
A Recreational Vehicle can transport 5 infantry. Both GDI and Nod can get it in MP from crates.
Attached Image
Recoloured model. Red is remap.

Automobile
Any automobiles can carry 4 infantry. Both GDI and Nod can get the white version (first from the left) as a crategoodie, but a Mutant Hijacker can get any of them. There are 4 different coloured variant of Automobiles.
Attached Image
Recoloured models. Red is remap.

Pickup Truck
Any Pickup Truck can carry 2 infantry. Both GDI and Nod can get the white version (first from the left) as a crategoodie, but a Mutant Hijacker can get any of them. There are 5 different coloured versions of these.
Attached Image
Recoloured models. Red is remap.

Mutant Mercenary
Once you have captured a Civilian Armory, a part of the local mutant population will propably join your army for some weapons and a small sum of credits.
Prerequisite(s): Barracks / Hand Of Nod, Civilian Armory
Cost: 190$
Attached Image
Mutant Mercenary uses MUTANT3 skin, which is modified a bit.

Tiberium Wildlife

Tiberian Fiend (green)
I made a recolor to this SHP, turning the remapable tiberium crystals on it's back to Tiberium-green. It looks much better, trust me on that.
Attached Image Attached Image
It will blend well into tiberium fields.

Tiberian Fiend (blue)
This variant of Tiberian Fiend prefer fields of blue tiberium. Altought physically weaker than its green cousin, these Tiberian Fiends fire explosive, blue shards, which -unfortunately- can start a chain reaction in the tiberium field surrounding them. Like any other Tiberian Fiends, blue ones defend their territory against intruders with their lives.
Attached Image Attached Image
And here it is: one blue Tiberian Fiend.

Minor Changes. Important ones are like THIS
(not the full changelog)

V 0.01
-Restored missing theme to MP: Pharotek
-Restored missing theme to MP: Nod Crush
-Restored missing theme to MP: Defense
-AI bonuses removed / normalised. The AI's stuffs have the same values as the players. No more, no less.
-Minimum number of infantry from Drop-Pods increased to 8
-Maximum number of infantry from Drop-Pods increased to 14
-Survivor rate from destroyed/sold buildings is increased to 0.3
-Restored production bonus of multiple factories
-Increased the maximum number of queued units in buildlist to 20
-Increased maximum waypoint lenght to 30 (+0)
-Units will gain veteranship 2.5 times faster than before

-Increased tree flamability to 0.5
-GDI Gates are no longer insignificant
-GDI gates are resistant to tiberium veins
-Nod Gates are no longer insignificant
-Nod Gates are resistant to tiberium veins
-GDI Upgrade center became the source of GDI Hunter Seekers
-the cost of the GDI Upgrade Center is increased to 2000$
-Fixed the GDI Upgrade Center's animations
-Seeker Control Upgrade for GDI Upgrade Center is no longer aviable

-Fixed Hand Of Nod's animations
-Fixed Barrack's animations
-Fixed Tiberium Silo's animations
-Fixed Civilian Array's animations
-Cyborg Commando got the same dieing voices as the Cyborg have
-Cyborg Commando can gain veteranship
-Umagon can be built at tech level 10
-Mobile War factory is a crategoodie
-Mobile War factory has no buildlimit
-Mobile War Factory's cost increased to 2800$
-Fist of Nod is a crategoodie
-Fist of Nod has no buildlimit
-Fist of Nod's cost increased to 2800$

-Mammoth MK2's prerequisite changed to GDI War Factory and GDI upgrade Center
-Mammoth MK2 can gain veteranship
-MCV's tech level changed to 6
-Recoloured Amphibious APC skin, and its water variant's too.
-Recoloured Devil's Tongue skin
-Recoloured Automobile skin
-Recoloured Recreational Vehicle skin
-Recoloured School Bus skin
-Recoloured Pickup Truck skin
-Recoloured Tiberian Fiend skin
-Sandbags can be built at tech level 2
-Recoloured Civilian Armory skin
-Recoloured Civilian Armory skin

V 0.02
-All power plants generate 50% more power
-All civilian stuff' cost reduced to 10$ to prevent unit training on them
-All trainable units got new veteran and elite abilites, each got 2 vet. abs and 3 elite abs
-Armor upgrade from goodie crates is fixed
-Goodie crates became real GOODIE crates. They won't explode/gas attack/shroud map so often.

V 0.03
-Invisible light posts generate power, so civilian stuff work without power plant (eg Grand Canyon (4) SAM sites)
-Civilian Armory's image cloned, and coded, so it'll appear on snowy maps too.
-Civilian Array's image cloned, and coded, so it'll appear on snowy maps too.

MAPS

KD Mountain Warfare (2)
This two-players map has a river in the middle, with 4 bridges crossing it. On both sides there are Civilian Hospitals, Arrays, and Armories. And a plenty of Tiberium. Altough the cold climate prevents Tiberium from spreading in a larger area, there are mutant lifeforms. Destroyable cliffs may provide additional paths to bases.
Attached Image
It's not final. The lighting and the paved roads are to be updated.

To be UPDATED

This post has been edited by Blackhand Commando: Aug 18 2011, 10:57 AM

--------------------
The Brotherhood of Nod will rise agin...
BTW I have a nice voxel for ya: Unused Tank Destroyer
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
Team Black
post Sep 9 2010, 02:55 AM
Post #2

Core Defender
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 123
Alliance: GDI

sounds interesting, good luck!

--------------------

Blackhand Comman...
post Sep 9 2010, 12:43 PM
Post #3

Hum-vee
Group Icon

Aww sh!t, one post in a day.. Tibweb is so dead... I'm not registered on PPM, I wonder if there is more active members there.

--------------------

Crimsonum
post Sep 9 2010, 05:30 PM
Post #4

Tick Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 32
Alliance: Nod

Maybe try registering to find out?

Plus it's the pictures that catch people's attention.

This post has been edited by Crimsonum: Sep 9 2010, 05:31 PM

Blackhand Comman...
post Sep 21 2010, 12:22 PM
Post #5

Hum-vee
Group Icon

I have made a massive update on the first post ppl should come and take a look at it!

PS You may have noticed my english is not the best. I can't fix my grammar/writing mistakes in the announcement if you do not tell them to me.

EDIT: I have just found a way to fix Pharotek, Defense, and Nod Crush themes with theme01.ini and without theme.ini
so i wont have to tuch original TS INI files dance.gif

yah and i have found a way to prevent AI from sending heavy machinery to veins dance.gif

This post has been edited by Blackhand Commando: Sep 21 2010, 08:14 PM

--------------------

Devastator
post Sep 21 2010, 09:09 PM
Post #6

Commando
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,799

Not too bad in my opinion.
But one thing I saw was unacceptable.
QUOTE (Blackhand Commando)
"Devastator" Flame Tank

Just because I changed my named doesn't me you can use it! rolleyes.gif

--------------------

Blackhand Comman...
post Sep 22 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #7

Hum-vee
Group Icon

Ah so you were Devastator? Well... then feel pleased about i named a tank after you. But it maybe replaced with somekinda mobile obelisk of light aka Mobilisk of Light biggrin.gif

--------------------

Nyerguds
post Sep 25 2010, 09:45 AM
Post #8

Cyborg
Group Icon

Member No.: 97
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Dawn

Boohoo. So he recycled a Dune II name and so did you. Seriously, Ionizer confused1.gif

--------------------

Blackhand Comman...
post Nov 15 2010, 06:28 PM
Post #9

Hum-vee
Group Icon

I made an update to the first post. But I will not make any modifications to TS if noone gives a sh*t to this once great game anymore.

--------------------

Revolutionary
post Nov 15 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #10

Hum-vee
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,267
Alliance: CABAL

I still care (good work so far a look forwad to seeing more)

--------------------
CnC-Comm.com News poster and Creator of TS:Best of Beta and Revo's Mod's

Blackhand Comman...
post Nov 15 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #11

Hum-vee
Group Icon

well, I'm actually surprised that someone responded so fast. But the problem is that if i say like 500 people take care of tiberian sun i say too much, and it decreases. I think like a quarter of them knows this site, like ten percent will take a look at mods, and like 5 from every 100 will download any mod exept of TI. I blame the crap AI in TS, most C&C fans hails Westwood and screws EA, but lets just say, EA can do hard AI, WW cant... I've lost count of how much times i defeated 7 lvl 2 AIs in skirmish...

--------------------

Devastator
post Nov 15 2010, 09:14 PM
Post #12

Commando
Group Icon

I remember when I couldn't win a match in RA1 or TS. Those AIs used to be really hard for me when I was younger. RA2 was always easy but I thought EA did YR's AI which isn't much different compared to RA2. TD is actually a really hard game for me to be honest. I can't get past the fourth or fifth GDI mission.

Ontopic:I really like the ideas of this mod. Good work so far. But like Crimsonum said, we're gonna need to see some screenshots.

This post has been edited by Devastator: Nov 15 2010, 09:14 PM

--------------------

Blackhand Comman...
post Nov 15 2010, 09:30 PM
Post #13

Hum-vee
Group Icon

QUOTE (Devastator @ Nov 15 2010, 11:14 PM) *
I remember when I couldn't win a match in RA1 or TS. Those AIs used to be really hard for me when I was younger. RA2 was always easy but I thought EA did YR's AI which isn't much different compared to RA2. TD is actually a really hard game for me to be honest. I can't get past the fourth or fifth GDI mission.

Ontopic:I really like the ideas of this mod. Good work so far. But like Crimsonum said, we're gonna need to see some screenshots.

TD is only hard cus theres never enough tiberium. You have to lead covert ops all the time to win. It not fits with my style, which is: Turtle, build superweapons, kill their harvesters then big attack / bomb em to hell from missile silo... it needs lotsa tib/ore but worx even against 7 brutal american ai (combined) in YR tongue.gif i tried

--------------------

KajiTetsushi
post Nov 17 2010, 07:56 PM
Post #14

Flamethrower Infantry
Group Icon

Member No.: 92

Some things I'd like to point out (most important things first and... I know, I know... uberlong post):

--------------------
El más importante! tongue.gif
QUOTE (Blackhand Commando @ Sep 8 2010, 11:18 PM) *
Stealth Bomber
The new Stealth bombers will stay unseen 'till they drop off the two napalm bombs they carry. The only way to prevent this is to use sensor arrays. On the other hand, Stealth Bombers aren't the fastest, and they have weak armor.
Prerequisite(s): Nod Helipad, Nod Tech Center

I hate to break it to you, kid, but... aircraft won't cloak at Level 0 veterancy... you'll have to assign CLOAK to VeteranAbilities or EliteAbilities.
You can't just have an aircraft roll out of a Helipad and expect it to cloak. AFAIK, all C&C games before Generals doesn't support this.

If you don't like this workaround, then you can try my workaround: based a real-life concept called low-observable, a.k.a. radar stealth. Real stealth aircraft aren't exactly what you might call invisible, but you can somehow code SAM sites to not be able to fire on aircraft.
Note: As with most workarounds out there, expect compromises, but hey, it works wonders. I tried it before. SAMs can't hit my bomber.

--------------------
Overlapping roles hmm.gif
I noticed that a lot of other things are also competing for common roles, like:
Nod Hospital
[...] The newly designed hospitals can heal wounded infantrymen one-by-one.

Spreader
[...] A deployed Spreader consist a Hospital to treat injured soldiers [...]

I know that it's nice and all to have a huge arsenal behind your back, but it's definitely not good if you have too many units with overlapping roles like that. If you have a Spreader, dump the Hospital, since the Spreader's like a Hospital and so much more. I'm hard-pressed to think that players would just go for the Spreader, since it gives more bang for their buck.

The same can be said for your navies. I feel that there's so much units to use, but then, I'm not sure whether I should use them all or not.

Here's another thing:
GDI Naval Repair Station
GDI Naval Repair Station
Nod Naval Repair Station

Okay, this one's gearing towards personal preference: quite frankly, other than in the case of production facilities, I don't enjoy seeing both sides owning identical things - that's symmetrical warfare. If you played Homeworld (1999) before, you'll know what I mean. There are two major factions, and yet, slmost everything's the same, minus some minor differences. Heck, even TS has forced us to share Harvesters and MCVs, for Pete's sake.

--------------------
i can haz suggest? w00t.gif
Liberator Warmech
A mammoth tank on mechanic legs, the Liberator carryes two 155mm cannons, which will make quick work on most targets, but not on aircraft and infantry. Altough it designed to give give back the GDI troops the courage and will to fight they lost in the second tiberium war, it's still a large threat on the battlefield.

What? No secondary missiles? A Mammoth Tank won't be a Mammoth Tank without them.

Light Support Tank
As Nod gained the upper hand GDI needed more and more tanks, but titans were slow and costy to produce.
With a mass-production of these cheap, fast and agile tanks, and with the support of a few titans, a commander can turn the tide of a battle.

Light Support Tank? The Titan's already fit for the tank role. Try 20mm autocannon (or for your futuristic case, 25/30/40 mm lol.gif), like the real Bradley IFV (Infantry Fighting Vehicle), which is, by the way, the basis for Westwood's heavier Nod Light Tank. laugh.gif
In fact, rename it to something like Savior IFV (some theme naming with the Liberator). Sounds nicer.

Submarine
A stealthy naval unit, altough its weak against GDI Destroyers, ships without escort are easy prey for their torpedoes.
* If i find no way to make submarine correctly, I will replace it with some kind of a corvette

Try the Sea Shadow Stealth Ship. It's the same boat that probably inspired Bittah Commander to design the SSM Stealth Boat in his Dawn of the Tiberium Age mod... the cloak part for it is oddly missing, though.

--------------------
And... other nonsense: tongue.gif
Titan's target laser is removed

Awww... but I liked that targeting laser... laugh.gif

"Chamelon" Tank Destroyer
The perfect tool to break down tank rushes, Chameleons have 105mm cannons with specialy designed, armor piercing shells.
Altought it's not the strongest unit on the battlefield, its long range, agility, speed, and the ability to cloak itself while not moving or shooting makes it a dangerous foe.

I hope you're using this to replace the Stealth Tank, because the TS vanilla version is plain poor at doing its job.

Sherder Tank
Sherder Tanks are large and heavily armored vehicles with multi-barreled sherder cannons (there are 16 barrels).

You mean Shredder from the TW shotgun turret? confused.gif

Drop-pods got a recharge(activation) voice: "Reinforcements have arrived"

Tried that before. Whenever you build the Drop Pod Node for the first time, you also get this notification. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Chris Ichikawa: Nov 18 2010, 07:29 AM

--------------------

2kool4u526
post Nov 18 2010, 12:07 AM
Post #15

Attack Buggy
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,553
Alliance: CABAL

I asked you one time if you needed any help.
That offer still stands.

--------------------
Transferring Files...
Initiating, Please stand by...

Welcome
       to the
BOT DESTROYERv 5.26
(GAMEZER EDITION)

Blackhand Comman...
post Nov 18 2010, 08:53 PM
Post #16

Hum-vee
Group Icon

I hate to break it to you, kid, but... aircraft won't cloak at Level 0 veterancy... you'll have to assign CLOAK to VeteranAbilities or EliteAbilities.
You can't just have an aircraft roll out of a Helipad and expect it to cloak. AFAIK, all C&C games before Generals doesn't support this.

blast... I forgot about it. Is there a way to make units start at vet level?

I know that it's nice and all to have a huge arsenal behind your back, but it's definitely not good if you have too many units with overlapping roles like that. If you have a Spreader, dump the Hospital, since the Spreader's like a Hospital and so much more. I'm hard-pressed to think that players would just go for the Spreader, since it gives more bang for their buck.

Totally True. Hospital is nonsense if you have mobile hospital.

Okay, this one's gearing towards personal preference: quite frankly, other than in the case of production facilities, I don't enjoy seeing both sides owning identical things - that's symmetrical warfare. If you played Homeworld (1999) before, you'll know what I mean. There are two major factions, and yet, slmost everything's the same, minus some minor differences. Heck, even TS has forced us to share Harvesters and MCVs, for Pete's sake

If you cant remeber RA2 both sides had the same type Naval Yard. I could make a repair ship thingy for one of the sides but it would be a huge OP. I try to reduce identically same things as much as possible tho. For eg both GDI Dropship and Nod Stealth bomber (because of that nasty problem, more like stingfly bomber only) aviable at tech lvl 9, aircraft, I think equally useful but in different roles.

What? No secondary missiles? A Mammoth Tank won't be a Mammoth Tank without them.

Its not identically a mammoth tank, its something similar. Its kinda heavy anti armor and building unit, while its counterer, the shredder is an anti infantry and light vehicle buster.

Light Support Tank? The Titan's already fit for the tank role. Try 20mm autocannon (or for your futuristic case, 25/30/40 mm ), like the real Bradley IFV (Infantry Fighting Vehicle), which is, by the way, the basis for Westwood's heavier Nod Light Tank.
In fact, rename it to something like Savior IFV (some theme naming with the Liberator). Sounds nicer.

No >:( Titan is expensive, slow, and Rocket infantry tear it apart + its so damn slow that infantry will leave it behind.
My tank has a cannon not autocannon, and its a tank, not an IFV. It should be used to swarm the battlefield with it, tho bazooka dudes finish off this one even faster, at least it has a chanche to crush some. For this tank, i used the concept of RA2 grizzy tanks as basis (fast, agile, lightly armored). The name you give to the unit is great tho, with your permission, i keep it roll.gif

Try the Sea Shadow Stealth Ship. It's the same boat that probably inspired Bittah Commander to design the SSM Stealth Boat in his Dawn of the Tiberium Age mod... the cloak part for it is oddly missing, though.

I want submarines if its possible. If not, a corvette like thingy.

Awww... but I liked that targeting laser...

Bad news: you are alone.

I hope you're using this to replace the Stealth Tank, because the TS vanilla version is plain poor at doing its job.

Of corse. I forgot to mention it... duh...

You mean Shredder from the TW shotgun turret?

yes. ty.

Tried that before. Whenever you build the Drop Pod Node for the first time, you also get this notification.

You must have ruined something, as theres no such problem at me. Neither at missile weapons with relase voice.

================================================================================
=
Update: I finally removed the AI's uber unit bonuses. I will make a good AI, it wont need to cheat like WW's. (exept of money maybe)

This post has been edited by Blackhand Commando: Nov 18 2010, 08:58 PM

--------------------

Devastator
post Nov 18 2010, 09:15 PM
Post #17

Commando
Group Icon

QUOTE (Blackhand Commando @ Nov 18 2010, 04:53 PM) *

The only known logic that works for that is at the top of Rules.INI which is InitialVeteran=no
If you set it to yes then the initial forces (ones you start with) will be veteran at the start of the match.

So no, you can't actually make units start at veteran unless the RA2 Spy logic was implemented into HyperPatch. (Which probably isn't possible)

That gives me a question, do you get an IE if you start with a unit that isn't trainable if InitialVeteran is set to yes?

This post has been edited by Devastator: Nov 18 2010, 09:16 PM

--------------------

KajiTetsushi
post Nov 19 2010, 06:30 AM
Post #18

Flamethrower Infantry
Group Icon

Member No.: 92

QUOTE (Blackhand Commando @ Nov 19 2010, 04:53 AM) *

No. The thread I mentioned earlier discussed that already. Or let's put it this way: what Devastator said!

--------------------

Blackhand Comman...
post Nov 19 2010, 12:53 PM
Post #19

Hum-vee
Group Icon

OK so, there were some important events.

about a month ago I had to reinstall my PC, and all my data lost.

Since that, I remade almost all the stuff, and made some more.

I will work on the mod whenever I have time, so its way not dead.

for all updates see the first post
UPDATE (6th of february, 2011): Amphibious APC got a recolor
UPDATE (9th of february, 2011): New map added: KD Mountain Warfare (2)
UPDATE (10th of february, 2011) Nod EMP Cannon's image changed
UPDATE (13th of february, 2011) ORCA Fighter got a new model
UPDATE (13th of february, 2011) ORCA Bomber got a recolor
If anyone still cares ( I doubt)
UPDATE (17th of august, 2011) Devil's Tongue got a (hopefuly final) recolor
UPDATE (18th of august, 2011) Technician is no longer THAT useless
UPDATE (18th of august, 2011) Tiberian Fiend (the green one) got new projectile model and modded weapon
UPDATE (19th of august, 2011) Added a fully completed blue Tiberian Fiend

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Blackhand Commando: Aug 18 2011, 11:03 AM

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:18 PM

XGhozt.com