IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tiberian Dawn featured in PC GAMER's "Long Play" Section, VERY Large Images, Sorry 56k'ers
Creagor
post Nov 24 2006, 08:09 PM
Post #1

Flame Tank
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 40
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

PCG Issue 169 - Christmas 2006
Tiberian Dawn has been featured in PC GAMER's "Long Play" Section, where a member of the PCG team recalls a game from the olden days (a few years ago), and tells us why it's still a great game.

Well, most of you with a subscription to/who have bought PC GAMER may well have seen article this allready, but I figured I'd post this up anyway, for those who dont get the magazine. Though it isnt exactly "breaking news", I doubt the TD news section will be getting much in the way of news anyway, so here it is.
The two attached Images are scans of the Article. They are VERY large, as my scanner has two settings: So small the text is impossible to read, and Huge. Sorry 56K'ers, is you want to see youre in for a long wait...

TD is also this month's "Classic demo", and the demo is on the DVD that comes with the magazine.

Note the comments about TS and RA, and Generals. They have different views to most of us...

Discuss the article in this thread...

This post has been edited by Creagor: Nov 25 2006, 03:58 PM
Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------

Fluent in |3375p3k, 68 65 78 65 64 65 63 69 6d 61 6c, ebg13, -- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. . --..-- and 01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 0111100100101110
(Whoever translates that gets nothing, just +1 on thier geek score)
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Winged One
post Jul 27 2008, 02:58 AM
Post #2

Rocket Infantry
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,158
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

I have no idea why you guys do not realize that walls are one of the most important structures. They build base perimeters and keep out enemy units. Gates? Pfft. In C&C, I built a square around my base, sold three continuous sections, and placed two guard towers, one on either side. The result is a one square entrance, protected by two guard towers, and, if you wish, two advanced guard towers. It makes it virtually impossible to infiltrate your base.

I don't understand how bases can be constructed without them. There'd be huge gaping holes in your defenses.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:23 PM

XGhozt.com