post Nov 5 2007, 02:52 AM
Post #1

Technician
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,029
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

FROM THE ABYSS

Pretty obviously, I'm new here, but I've been modding many games and created a few 2D games over the years, and I've already learned how to mod TS.

Which is why, I've decided to make a BIOSHOCK themed mod for TS.

Overview

RN000It'll include the original teams with a few more units, and the Splicers, from Bioshock.
In the campaign, during the midst of a big battle between the GDI and Nod, a submarine pops-up out of the sea and unloads a bunch of Splicers, who own both teams to the ground. Sort of like the ending evil cinematic from Bioshock. It's gonna have two new campaigns: GDI, and the Splicers.

If you're GDI, you have to eliminate the Splicer forces, and have to destroy them for good. And, to help you out, Tenenbaum begins giving GDI blueprints to secret weapons she's invented.

But, if you're the Splicers, your job is to destroy GDI, Nod, and cities, so you can splice up as many people as you can and convince them to join sides with you, so you can capture not only Rapture, but also the entire above-see world. However, once again, Tenenbaum will be helping GDI, considering it's based on Bioshock's evil ending.

I'm also gonna create a set of new multi-player maps, and change the interface of the game to suit my new mod.

If you wish to help, I would greatly appreciate somebody making some buildings and infantry for the Splicers, for I'm not too amazing at shp's (I suck with them, because I cant get proportions good, and can't get the perspective right tongue.gif)

For anyone who'll help, I'll send you detailed unit lists, and give you the list I want you to make.

Teams

Splicers unit list:

Infantry:

1. Thuggish Splicer - use this unit to swarm enemies with their wrenches, and are very powerful in close combat.

2. Leadhead Splicer - the equivalent of a slightly stronger Light Infantry, uses a pistol to deal with enemies.

3. Lightning Houdini Splicer - a heavy infantry that deals high damage with an electro shock type ability

4. Fire Houdini Splicer - a mobile infantry with an attack slightly weaker than the Devil's Tongue

5. Nitro Splicer - A unit slightly more powerful than a Disk Thrower

6. Sapper Splicer - An engineer unit

Vehicles:

1.(original) Harvester

2. Bouncer (big daddy type 1) - A very powerful and fast walker that does massive damage against both vehicles and infantry in melee

3. Rosie (big daddy type 2) - a powerful and fast walker that has the GDI RPG Tower's weapon

4. Half Trak (real name pending) - a transport with an anti-infantry and anti-air turret on it.

5. Genodestroyer Anti-Tank - a light tank good against vehicles

6. Bioripper Heavy Tank - a heavy tank good against vehicles and infantry

7. Bioharvester - harvests veinholes

8. Security Bodt - fast moving anti-infantry unit

9. Repair Bot - repairs vehicles

10. Adam Blaster - Very heavy tank like GDI Dreadnaught (see below)

More vehicle and air units pending...

GDI (extra) unit list:

Infantry:

Guardian - Same as Thuggish Splicer but slightly weaker

Vehicles:

Dreadnaught - Very heavy tank that shoots 3 tick tank shots at once.

Nod (extra) unit list:

Infantry:

Raider - Same as GDI Guardian

Vehicles:

Korpse - Same as GDI Dreadnaught, but only shoots 2 tick tank shots at once, and has stealth.

Oh, and yes, that remap is the new green team colour in the game.

Additional Progress

Nov. 6th - Working on Splicer War factory, found my Splicer Team Symbol! dance.gif

Regards, Veneno.

PS: Waiting on a Splicer-Team symbol. Does anyone know one?

This post has been edited by Veneno: Nov 6 2007, 11:28 PM

--------------------
Currently active project: FROM THE ABYSS (http://www.tiberiumweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2671)

Vehicles done so far.
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
Roadwarrior
post Nov 5 2007, 04:48 AM
Post #2

Attack Buggy
Group Icon

Member No.: 93
Alliance: GDI

nice looking mod but i bet most of the people here have probably not played bioshock so they wouldn't know how it ends thus they wouldn't know who the characters are or what splicers are so be more descriptive please. and no spoilers thank you. smile.gif

--------------------
I shall confuse you all! Muhahahahaha!

****Updated Mar 20 2008**** Don't forget to comment
Voxels:
UH-1 Huey Spotlighted
Possible mods i will make for Tibsun:
CnC:Terminator:Judgment Day

Veneno
post Nov 5 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #3

Technician
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,029

QUOTE (Roadwarrior @ Nov 4 2007, 11:48 PM) *
nice looking mod but i bet most of the people here have probably not played bioshock so they wouldn't know how it ends thus they wouldn't know who the characters are or what splicers are so be more descriptive please. and no spoilers thank you. smile.gif

Alright... what I explained up top, about the evil ending, DON'T WORRY. It's not a spoiler AT ALL. It doesn't explain about the real ending at all.

There's not much to the ending that you really need to know. All you need to know about are Tenenbaum, whom you meet at the beginning of the game, and basically, the splicers.

Anyways, for those who have not yet played Bioshock, (play it, IT'S AMAZING!) Splicers are the geniuses and artists who went to live in the bottom of the sea, in a city called "Rapture." There, they found a slug, with a stem cell that could heal cancer, and completely heal the human bodies. They called this, "Adam." Except, in reality, Adam corrupted your spirit, mind and body when it is in you, and it began messing people up. These people are called Splicers.

Anyways, in the evil ending, Tenenbaum doesn't like you, I'll say that much as not to spoil the ending(s). So, Tenenbaum will be in the campaign, hating you some more, and helping GDI defeat you after you and your splicers begin corrupting and destroying the topside, like what happened to Rapture.

That's it for now. Read the overview above to find out more. Update soon.

--------------------
Currently active project: FROM THE ABYSS (http://www.tiberiumweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2671)

Vehicles done so far.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:22 PM

XGhozt.com